Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #12301
LKD
Is a princess!!

I usually dislike confetti as well but I think for the seafoam dress it's perfect~ I mean I hate crushed velvet with a passion but my friends Merida dress looks gorgeous with it. (Actually hate most velvets lol) There are a few things they could be used for without looking tacky and I think Ariel's dress works

I finished the Wendy dress; (one sleeves pinned down to show off the poof).

I just need the hair bow but the ribbon is getting here tomorrow or the next day o.<

Last edited by LKD : 01-31-2013 at 11:19 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #12302
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
ModernPrincess- thanks, I've already bought the full amount of the sequin fabric for Ariel's film seafoam dress. I just put that swatch with the lining swatches to see which i liked best with that sequin fabric. It's nicer in person and I think for that sparkly dress of Ariel's it's my best choice this side of the atlantic fabric wise. Seriously, it's so hard to find baby blue fabric let alone sparkly baby blue. So I'm going with it, I reckon once the dress is made and the lining put in, it will look fine and pick up the light perfectly for what I want.
Reading that again, I realize my comment came across as rude. I didn't mean for it to sound that way and I apologize.
England/Arthur Kirkland - Queen of Spades (APH)

@};---
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #12303
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Oy, well, I've made a dark braid extension from yarn for my Mulan (as I don't want a full wig- they make me feel dizzy to wear them, but an extension, I can tolerate), and I'm gonna dye the top for my dress a dark purple today.. It should be completed. I'm making her dress short (knee length) - I'm not good with making long skirts at all, and I really don't want to be wearing 3 layers of fabric under my top, which I would be if I made a long white dress for the skirt..

As for Alice: I succeeded in making a top to go with the dress' skirt. It's made from the same fabric that I used for my skirt, so that my sleeves will match the color of my skirt. I'm no expert at making tops at all, but the design was fairly easy and I'm soo proud of myself now.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find white tights for the leggings and I don't want to wear knee-highs, as they always slip down (and stockings aren't white enough to my liking.. too see-through), so I'm just gonna go with my gray tights.. :/

Last edited by alice4ck : 02-02-2013 at 09:52 AM.
alice4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #12304
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- I looove your Wendy dress! You did an especially nice job with the blind hem and sleeves! I like the gathers on the skirt, too. :3

Furie- Your Ariel dress is going to be soo pretty! That fabric can be tough to work with, but when it's used well, it looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see it! I LOVE your Tink velvet, too. O.O

Aeviking- Ooh, nice Merida wig!

Angelickey- Your Ariel is looking great; nice fabric choice!

timeisgalleons- Loving the wig- it looks perfect! (ha! I love your username- it's clever!)

Seifer- I am honestly obsessed with everything you do (if you couldn't tell)- I can't wait to see your Rapunzel. Will you show us progress pics soon?

I've done a little work on Historical Rapunzel today; I've been working on the puffy strips on the overlay. They take forever to gather and pin to the piping, but it's coming along. The pink chiffon I ordered for the sheer part of her sleeves arrived yesterday- it's so pretty! It drapes so nicely. I really love working on all the little details of this dress, but I will be glad to work on a simpler project once this one is finished!
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #12305
AngelicKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
LKD- I looove your Wendy dress! You did an especially nice job with the blind hem and sleeves! I like the gathers on the skirt, too. :3

Furie- Your Ariel dress is going to be soo pretty! That fabric can be tough to work with, but when it's used well, it looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see it! I LOVE your Tink velvet, too. O.O

Aeviking- Ooh, nice Merida wig!

Angelickey- Your Ariel is looking great; nice fabric choice!

timeisgalleons- Loving the wig- it looks perfect! (ha! I love your username- it's clever!)

Seifer- I am honestly obsessed with everything you do (if you couldn't tell)- I can't wait to see your Rapunzel. Will you show us progress pics soon?

I've done a little work on Historical Rapunzel today; I've been working on the puffy strips on the overlay. They take forever to gather and pin to the piping, but it's coming along. The pink chiffon I ordered for the sheer part of her sleeves arrived yesterday- it's so pretty! It drapes so nicely. I really love working on all the little details of this dress, but I will be glad to work on a simpler project once this one is finished!
Thanks Suzie!
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #12306
LKD
Is a princess!!

Yaaay I finished Wendy
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.414603991949641.96695.274538912622817&type= 1

I have two sets of Tink wings and an airbrushed Tink dress and THEN a Rapunzel to do xD forever busy!
Unread 02-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #12307
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

I finished Secret of the wings and finally got photos back from my shoot a month ago!!
You can view on my facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir

Let me know what you guys think??

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #12308
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Suzie Blue: Thanks!
tarinalove: You look great as Tinker Bell! I really love the fabrics you used.
To everybody, yesterday I watched The Black Cauldron, to realize that Eilonwy actually wears a two-layered skirt! Never believe in what you see on the promotional images.
I' m going to be really busy this week, with the most important exams of the trimester, but then I'll begin with my Merida dress, Eilonwy's skirt and continue with Punzie's embroidery.
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #12309
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Tarinalove-- You are such a cute Tink! I love all the textures on your outfit, it's adorable!

LKD-- Your Wendy commission looks amazing as well! Gah, everybody in this sub-forum is so talented. @.@

I've made some progress on Ariel's dress-- I just need to add the gauntlet part of the sleeves to the top, sew together the pieces I cut for the underskirt, and add some detailing. Hopefully I'll have some photos soon!
  • Secret Cosplay (???): 1% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) MAGfest 2015

DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #12310
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN BELLE'S REDESIGN!?!?!?!?!?! I'm definitely adding this one to my list, though I won't be able to start it until later on in the year =( but seriously in love with it!

Details
Side-ish
Front
another front/side

I cant get over it! And I LOVE her new hair! Thanks Cait (Benihime) for showing me this on Facebook)

Also I started on Kiss the Girl Ariel Yesterday. I'm probably going to work on it more today. I'll get pics of the skirt when I'm closer to being done with it! It's not much to look at right now!

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 02-03-2013 at 01:25 PM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #12311
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

ModernPrincess- don't sweat it! I knew you didn't mean it as a rude comment or anything! ^_^

AngelicKey- that fabric is sooooooooooooooooooo pretty!! I just tried to download that pattern but it won't work for me as I have a macbook =(! Looks like I'll be going around my Megara dress!

LKD- I love your Wendy dress!! Soooooo cute and perfect!!

Suzie- thank youuu I hope it lives up to expectations!

Tarina- Nice work on secret of the wings Tink! That coat looks sooooo cosy!!!

Whilst at my friend's over the weekend, we started on my Tink and have the lining all sewn up, just gotta sew up the velvet, then sew the lining to the velvet and put in the zip and make the zig zag pattern at the end and it's done. Well... the dress at any rate! Then at some point I gotta make the wings as I wanna make new ones that are lighter and less bulky compared to my Vidia wings. I'm kinda glad I'm making Tink, as I'm considering this costume my costume to get me back into sewing and the idea of cosplay again.

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 02-03-2013 at 03:12 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #12312
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

LadySasha - Thanks for sharing the Belle pictures. They are beautiful and have some really cool details.

Furie - While I generally don't like the confetti fabric, I agree that it will work very well for Ariel's dress. I'm glad you feel like getting back into sewing and cosplay. You are do a wonderful job.

Suzie - I can't wait to see more of your historical Rapunzel. It's looking fabulous.

As for me, I'm seriously falling behind on the sewing as I have spent the last three weekends painting the house. It should only take me two more days to finish painting, but then I get to renovate the bathroom. Which means I probably won't get any progress on my list of costumes until after I move to Colorado. >.< Especially now that I found out I need to make my mom's wedding dress. Guess my busy year just got even busier.

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #12313
LKD
Is a princess!!

Tarinalove- aaaaaaah I LOVE IT

Thanks guys ^^

I decided to make park Merida for myself cause I finally saw the movie haha I ordered sooo many swatches @-@

I'm trying to finish my commissions so I can work on her!

I was finally working on the two sets of wings when my wire cutters broke .-. I had the motivation but life was like NOPE.

THANKFULLY. My boss asked for a rush order for a Minnie dress so Ill have money to buy new ones by next week >.<

My plan is to knock out this airbrushed Tink dress that I'm about to start and that Minnie dress this week :X and then Rapunzel the next two weeks so I can have a monthish to work on Merida and Eh it's my secret cosplay but eh I'll post it here only, Rogue from xmen for wondercon xD
Oh hey that's Disney woop I can blab about it here xD
I bought my patterns from god save the queen fashions almost $90.. My tears. But I'm excited cause dream cosplay! I won't have her jacket done yet cause I want to make it out of leather so that's another challenge for another time~

IM CRAZY. 5 costumes in two months. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #12314
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

wow.. Belle's new design is lovely.. ^_^ and it amazes me how dedicated you all are.. I look bad compared to you all.. You all have the skills and know how to make amazing cosplays.. lol..

Well, I'm still working on Mulan's hair.. I decided that instead of making a full wig, I just made some simple yarn hair falls out of black yarn and a headband, so that it's not uncomfortable and heavy on my head.. It looks rather cute, and it leaves some of my true hair color.. I look too strange/bad with solid black hair all around.. even my grandpa says so.. lol.. So I think I've found my solution for cosplaying characters with other hair colors without the need for an uncomfortable wig..

Also, I'm taking my own spin on the dress(es) - the ones from the movie are done over and over, so I wanna try something different.. I also wanna make her a dress like the women wore in the Tang dynasty - they're so pretty! BBL!
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #12315
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
"HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN BELLE'S REDESIGN!?"
Bibbidy bobbidy BAM!