Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 902 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #12466
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

FuriePhoenix: Yep, thanks, but I don't even know how to make the curl.

Unread 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #12467
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Maybe use a regular hair curler to get the curl started, then wrap the hair around a thin dowel and use heat to set it even tighter? Lots of hairspray too, I'd imagine!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #12468
Aurora's Heart

Aeviking- The easiest way to do it, I think, would be a two stranded braid. I tried it on my own hair to see and it looks about right. Just make two strands and twist them together like you would a braid then use hair spray on it. Got 2 Be Glued is great for this also Aussie brand extreem hold finishing spray is also a good strong holding hair spray. HOld this helps.

Susie- Love the Snow maid costume. Wish I had hte guts to make a torn dress like that. I have a feeling I'd cry ruining my hard work. LOL I still cna't make myself put grease and dirt stains on a Star Wars costume of mine and the base coverals are store bought.

Mirni- Love your version of Mulan. So adorable.

Furie- I love getting good deals on fabric. Congrats on your find.

Progress for me is getting better. I had to make five extra tassles for my overskirt for my May costume as I have no coverage in the butt area. Not tottaly surprised I came up short as the tassle are made of leather and shrink when I add the hem. As for Rapunzel I have two more symbols done onthe skirt and a great incentive to finish this by May. Lets just say there is a contest at work and I may get a chance to enter my Rapunzel costume in it. I'll see if I get a chance to take progress pics sometime this week.
Unread 03-19-2013, 02:21 AM   #12469
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Well I made a group if any of you have Facebook you are all welcome to join it at - https://www.facebook.com/groups/119587798227476

It's dedicated to Disney Lovers & Cosplayers - Talking about any Upcoming plans for Disney Cosplayers that we might have in mind in doing for the future or even the past one's we still have, Trying to get together for those of us in the same city for a photo together.

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Sleeping Beauty: Aurora
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #12470
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Thanks StarsCASSiOPEiA and Aurora's Heart, I'll try both ways as soon as I can!
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #12471
Faraday
oh modern man.

Looks like I'm going to Wondercon in a few weeks!
I finished Vanellope's skirt last night too! Now I just have to had the pink pieces to the hoodie, style the wig which will be super easy, then stripe the tights... If I can find them now, fml.
Unread 03-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #12472
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeviking View Post
Thanks StarsCASSiOPEiA and Aurora's Heart, I'll try both ways as soon as I can!

If you do it with a curling iron/straighteners (yes its possible to curl hair with straighteners- just youtube tutorials) make sure your wig is heat resistant- otherwise the wig will melt. There's also the hot water and the bendy foam curling rollers way of curling wigs safely. But with that you'll want to keep the rollers in for 24hours. Again use the hairspray to set the curls and stuff.
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #12473
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

OK, I'm ditching the Mulan costume:

after finding out how harsh the chinese way of life was, including when the movie took place, I don't want to cosplay her anymore..

Back to Tinker Bell..

Last edited by alice4ck : 03-20-2013 at 01:18 PM.
alice4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #12474
LKD
Is a princess!!

Aeviking-

For heat resistant, the easiest way I've tried is running a hair flat ironthrough a section and the quickly putting it in a roller. The bigger the roller the larger the wave, the smaller the more of a ringlet you'll get. Once it cools like in less than 10 min you can undo them.
For small ringlets, like for my Christine wig Im actually running my flat iron an then quickly twisting it on a large knitting needle xD it works! It cools quickly though but still a pain doing it one by one but it looks nicer :3

For nom heat resistant the best method I've found is the hot water method.

Furie- what was the big event?!

No progress on my end, put Merida aside to work on my Christine for Wondercons costume contest @-@ hoping to restart Merida on Thursday
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #12475
timeisgalleons
an actual princess

I know it's not Disney, but I just got my wig for Hiccup from How to train your dragon. Sorry for the bad lighting- i used an ipod camera

also I'm not wearing any makeup and I'm super pimply.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 group
(Hiccup, Astrid, Ruffnut, Tuffnut)

Last edited by timeisgalleons : 03-19-2013 at 11:37 PM.
timeisgalleons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #12476
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- Can you believe I'm STILL not allowed to say anything yet!!!??? It's getting rather annoying now! Haha!!

As for me... I'm gonna nag my mom to finish Tink for me tomorrow as she promised me this week and still nothing has been done *le sigh* BUT! I saw this dress in a thrift store today:

One guess what it will be turned into...........

THIS:

Also tempted to use it as a pattern to make her dinner gown if I can find a nice peachy pink to make it in lol!
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #12477
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

DANG Furie, you are the master of good finds! That dress is practically perfect for Ariel's gown!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #12478
Aurora's Heart

Furie- Love the dress. It's so perfect. I need to go shopping at your thrift stores. LOL

timeisgalleons- Love the wig. Very interesting that you are working on a Hiccup costume.

My May costume (which may or may not have anything to do with the above reply) is comming along nicely. I am 10% from finishing the overskirt. Hand sewing leather is not fun. Sadly now my dad is, unintentionaly, rubbing in the fact that the house is not as clean as he would like. Figures, I finally find my groove with a costume and get a major guilt trip about my non Martha Stewart cleanliness. It's not even like the house is a pig stye either.
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #12479
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Stars- hehehehehehehe why thank you! I couldn't get over how perfect it is for Ariel either! It also reminds me of Ariel's park gown/pink dinner gown XD! Might use it as a pattern for the dinner gown as well lol!

Aurora- Thank you! And hehehe yeah our thrift stores are awesome for getting in the most random things which end up perfect for cosplay!

Also! With mom's help today we've ALMOST finished my Tink dress!!!! We're gonna finish it over the weekend, as all that needs doing now is: the neckline putting into shape, darting down the front to pull it in and give it shape, put in the zig zag pattern in the bottom and scoop down the back a bit as it's a tad too high at the moment. But Yeah, we had to completely dismantle the dress into panels again and start from scratch- it was THAT wrong!

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 03-21-2013 at 01:35 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #12480
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

LKD: I'm using a Magnum and long wefts from Arda, so there's no much problem!
timeisgalleons: I'll start with my Astrid cosplay by this summer (maybe earlier) , what a coincidence!
FuriePhoenix: It's incredible! You're so lucky.
My progress: Yesterday, I painted Citrusella shoes, and I will finish Merida's blouse by tomorrow. I'll upload photos soon!