Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1008 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #12481
LKD
Is a princess!!

Furie- ASDFGHJKL I wanna know xD and awesome find! I love getting lucky like that! My favorite find of mine was a ballgown petticoat for $1 that a store was looking to get rid of xD I still haven't used it but I will! It's been stashed in my car for months xP

Aeviking- oh then running a flat iron and putting them in curlers straight away will work \you only need to spray them a bit with hairspray after letting them down just to keep them from getting messy, although with arda it's bound to happen >>

Blah I need to stay off this site! So much to doooo

Unread 03-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #12482
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Does anyone know this website?
http://disneyscreencaps.com/
It's under construction by now, but there you can find HD pictures from a lot of movies, mainly Disney, of course. It's really helpful!
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #12483
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I just got some photos through.... can I say.... I LOVE WHAT I DO! Also, this girl has a disney name!!!

My friend as Cinderella, even though she left her gloves in the car lol!

LKD- I'll PM you the news then haha!
Unread 03-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #12484
LKD
Is a princess!!

Furie-I'm so jelly xD awesomeee

I finally have PROGRESS!

After sewing through my finger, I finally have the bottom panel sewed, ironed and have the top layer of braiding on..I ran out so I can't do the hem yet..might stop by downtown tomorrow..maybe nt sure. Might just hem it for now.

http://instagram.com/p/XL2rAChxOZ/
Unread 03-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #12485
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- hehe! And I adore your Merida progress! Its beyond amazing!
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #12486
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Hey guys! I meant to post right after mega but things were REALLY busy. I'm still waiting on photos to come back from my Ariel shoot but I have a few shots with my Eric and Vanessa.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...08812&ty pe=1

I'm really upset because my bangs were PERFECT...up until we started walking to the shoot. Then they fell. >< I was so frustrated by the end. I'm definitely going to get another wig and fill it out more and add some longer fibers to the bangs so it has something to hold it better. Same thing happened with Eric. UGH.

And I'm thinking about remaking Belle. I kind of miss the dress now that I retired it. I mean cosplaying Ariel was GREAT. But it really made me miss cosplaying Belle.

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #12487
MikaCosplay
Mika Cosplay

Atually the bangs look better down more natural in the photoshoots to me they do
MikaCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #12488
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

I keep debating what to do with my Ariel bangs as well, yeah. The movie style looks pretty cool and is more iconic, but definitely can be more of a hassle. It's so hard to find the perfect balance on how to handle her hair!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #12489
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

crud.. I wanted to make one of Mulan's purple dresses, but unfortunately the hair color will be an issue.. Every black wig I try, I just don't look good in, especially with light blond eye-brows.. I tried to darken them, but then I just looked worse.. So, I'm just gonna have to go with my normal hair and see what happens.. :/
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #12490
kiggi

alice, i would go for a very very dark brown then. i look horrible in black wigs too, and just that ever so slight brown tone makes it look 10000x better. i use hair mascara or eyebrow tint (same difference) to temp. tint mine. i have dark brown eyebrows but i can tint them light as blonde with the stuff then it washes off with soap and water
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #12491
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Kiggi - thank you very much for the suggestion.. I know when my hair is wet, it turns a dark shade of brown that looks sooo pretty on me.. Okay, I'll give that a go.. ^_^
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #12492
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

For Ariel's bangs, if you go down the film accurate route you can buy red bobby pins to use to hold them in place! Definitely thicken the bangs up as much as you can and if you tease then spray a tiny bit of strong hold hairspray into the tease, that will help to keep the bangs up- even in strong winds!

I recently did an outside photoshoot in 0degrees, snow AND very strong winds and they did NOT budge! Well... the front strands fell a teeny bit but they are still holding up by themselves close enough to the rest of the bangs, that it doesn't show when worn. I wish I could show photos but sadly I don't have the photos to prove my point. What I could do is take a photo tomorrow of my bangs on the wig head, to show how they withstood the weather. I haven't touched them up yet since. You can get film accurate bangs whilst still looking good in photos and looking natural.

Though it doesn't show, but even in my avatar pic they are film accurate and stand away from my forehead, yet keeping a natural look. That was before I thickened up the bangs and re styled them a tad!
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #12493
kiggi

Ok so this is so not Disney, but I have gotten to know you guys and value your opinions... As some of you know, I am sewing most of the production on the wizard of oz for my dance studio I dance at. The other costumes are fine and very tutu or so on, but I have this lion... She's a curvy teenager so there is a fine line between cute and soooo inappropriate for a ballet... The teacher wants cute but not a lion suit. Wants to see her legs but maybe give her something to cover a bit since she is curvy.... I am at a loss!!! Everything I draw up looks too sexy... can you help me???

Thanks!!!!

Also, as much as I really want to to baby tink it may end up being regular tink for now... I can't cut out one more piece of tutu net without me wanting to scream I will probably start that next week

Last edited by kiggi : 03-28-2013 at 09:14 PM.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #12494
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I can FINALLY reveal the news!!!!!!!! Today myself, and two of my friends got in our national newspaper for our princess work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, it's down to our previous magazine feature, and its about why we enjoy being princesses to get away from our everyday lives and the hardships we go through. But STILL!! WE GOT IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICS:

(had these pics on my phone for WEEKS!!! But couldn't show anyone until the feature was published!)

Unread 03-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #12495
LKD
Is a princess!!

I finished! The day I leave for the con but I finished! XD
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3366533/

Now to add straps to my fairies @-@ never gonna finish..ill be getting to my friends house at midnight at this pace xD