Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 867 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #12511
MikaCosplay
Mika Cosplay

LKD - Tinkerbelle looks like its a little big on you on the chest area, And I love your version of Merida just the bottom white part of your sleeves need to be fixed like the upper one's look like and it will be perfect but it's your own so do as you wish just thought I point a few things out that look odd and not trying to criticize you or anything
MikaCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #12512
LKD
Is a princess!!

Mika- yeah the Tink dress is. Unfortunately when you make corseted bodices, mock ups are key since well the flab goes up to your boobs and down to your hips so its hard to calculate how much space you need to add If you don't. I made the dress in a rush for a bday party (because my boss likes to tell me last minute) so I skipped the step xP the straps helped a lot but its still not enough. Besides wearing a padded bra (Dx no thx) I can't do anything about it besides taking it apart and might as well remake it at that point. (Which I will in the future )

My Merida sleeves are a disaster Hun xD that's why I put that I can't wait to remake them. I can write a whole essay about the, but ill spare you
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #12513
Aurora's Heart

Furie- That is so awsome!!!!! I love your article too. I can so relate as I'm a wallflower and tend to be shy and quiet. Being a princess sure pulls you out of your shell quick, especially with the little kids.

LKD- Love your Merida and Tink. I never would have thought to do that with the bears for your Merida. Great idea! Also love the Peri wig.

Geb- Sorry to hear about your boyfriends mother passing. The first time I wore my Rapunzel the skirt wasn't embroidered at all. The second time, only the center back design and about four on each side of it were done. I'm almost done embroidering it and it's taken me over a year, off and on, to get it done. Keep at it. It will be so worth it in the end.

Progress for me- currently making armor for my May costume. I'm also 90% done with the underskirt for it. I'm currently discovering how much fun Model Magic air dry clay is.

Rapunzel skirt is about four to six patterns away from being done!!!!!! Yay!! Then I get to embroider the sleeves. LOL I will try and post progress pics before the week is out. I've been without internet for about a week now so, catching up on a lot.
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #12514
MirniMausi
Just live more

LKD Love both outfits great job on them

So as for my next Disney cosplay, it's gonna be Jane from Tarzan in a special version of her yellow dress from the movie. It's gonna be an outfit for our play (we have a group and our debute will be a disney comedy ) I'm still undecided how to do it, but if I managed to sketch my designs, I'd post them if anyone is interested in it?^^

Also, should we manage to go to the bookfair again next year, I'm still a bit undecided what to do. My friend who does Cinderella asked me to do Snow White, but I'm not sure if I can sew it. But she almost talked me into it- I like Snow White, but I never really thought I could actually play her ^^'
My alternative is Kilala in her princess dress from Kilala Princess, but I look a lot better with black her than blonde hair actually, ahaha....

~Up Next~
Maybe: Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #12515
Tatsukitty

Hi guys! I've been a lurker but just got an account and I cosplay belle! No real photoshoots yet, sadly, but hopefully soon. I don't get recognized a lot... People call me wendy or alice all the time. Is there anything I could do to be more recognizable in the blue dress? I'm thinking maybe a basket and books, and maybe making a Lumiere and Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, etc.
Tatsukitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #12516
MirniMausi
Just live more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsukitty View Post
Hi guys! I've been a lurker but just got an account and I cosplay belle! No real photoshoots yet, sadly, but hopefully soon. I don't get recognized a lot... People call me wendy or alice all the time. Is there anything I could do to be more recognizable in the blue dress? I'm thinking maybe a basket and books, and maybe making a Lumiere and Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, etc.
The magic mirror and chip would be some nice props too Maybe get yourself a group?

But don't be too harsh on people, it's common for some characters to get mixed up by people. My friend got called Belle as Cinderella and another friend who did Belle was mistaken for Cinderella. I even had people calle me Snow White when I was Mulan (and in a very mean way, too!).

~Up Next~
Maybe: Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #12517
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Tatsukitty: I think you must use accessories she wears at the beginning of the movie, like an old book or a basket. It'd be funny if you carry a Chip in the basket.
My Merida blouse is done, but I can't sew the zipper of the dress because there's a piece missing on my sewing machine (it's a long story of borrowing and no returning). I don't have much free time now, but I'll try to finish Elyon (dress and wig styling) in one or two weeks.

Last edited by Aeviking : 04-05-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Aeviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #12518
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Soooooooo I just found out I'm going to Asylum 10 (A convention dedicated to the show Supernatural) and so far it looks like one of the theme parties could very well be "fandoms: if you love something, wear a costume to show it!" so I'm thinking of digging out my Ariel park dress haha! Is that a bit much? Haha! OR I could get Tink finished (only really gotta make the wings, do the hem line of the skirt and the darting)?
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #12519
Aurora's Heart

So I finally got a pic of my Rpaunzel skirt embroidery progress. I have two maybe three patterns, on each side, to get to the top of the skirt. I hope the detail can be seen if not I can take several pics close up. Really happy with how it's turned out so far and I almost can't belive it came from me. I keep looking for those sewing mice from Cinderella. LOL.

Unread 04-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #12520
MalteseLizzie

Aurora's heart: That is absolutely gorgeous embroidery

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #12521
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Aurora- wow! Thats gorgeous!
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #12522
kiggi

Aurora that is so lovely!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #12523
Aurora's Heart

Thanks guys! I'm so glad I decided to go for it. I'm also surprised I havn't gotten sick of doing it yet. That's alot to hand embroider and I was sure I would bow out long before I got anywhere near this far. I have a great incentive to finish too as I may be able to enter it in a contest at work.
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #12524
LKD
Is a princess!!

aurora- I wants your skills XD I'm in love with the hues *-*

So I've been working on my Cinderella commission~
Here's the mockup I made to try on my client/friend/princesscoworker XD

It fit perfectly except for the bust that I need to take in and lower the neckline but other than that *_*
I'm excited to put this together! I'm ordering the boning for it today..I just borrowed the Rapunzel boning to try it on her XP

aaand I'm also working on my pink Ariel gown that I pretty much abandoned. I redid the entire pattern and I'm so much more happy with it.
Here's the lining,

I just need to round out the neckline for it and order the boning as well.

Ariel is for this Saturday XD; i'm insane..
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #12525
Aurora's Heart

LKD- Thanks. Can you believe I'm self taught. I like the progress you've got going on so far.

Progress for me is, my Rapunzel skirt is litteraly three and a half paterns away form the end. That's counting both sides of the middle. So basically one more blue pattern and two pink ones. My may costume is comming together but is on hold, in parts, due to need of more materials. I think I need more time. LOL.