Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 902 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #12526
Faraday
oh modern man.

idk if it's been posted yet, but I found this picture at the bottom of the article of all the park princesses in their new gowns: http://radiodisneyclub.fr/nouvelle-r...ncesse-aurore/

I kind of like, kind of hate Aurora's dress. I just really dig that it's printed with briar all over it.

Unread 04-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #12527
hellorosenberg
the ultimate ginge

HI ALL! I'm Lorraine and I cosplay Merida! I am a natural red head, with natural curls so only seems appropriate and I think I may a little loner when it comes to that because the only Merida's I see use wigs. I do use extention pieces to make my hair longer, but the rest is all real I recently did a photoshoot for a NJ news paper called the Daily record, and was also the feature of an article on cosplay. It just makes me smile to know how far I've gone in such a short time!

ANY OTHER MERIDA"S OUT THERE?
hellorosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #12528
Aurora's Heart

Faraday-I have seen Aurora's new dress as all the disney merchandise for the last six months has been covered with it. I have to say I am dissapointed with it for a couple of reasons. Mainly the signiture curl in her bangs is reducd to a wave. The fist time I saw it I said to myself when did Disney buy the Mario Bros. cause they just sent us t-shirts with Princess Peach on it. I'm also not a fan of her crown or her super duper extra sparkle extravanza dress. Sorry to those who like it, I just think they should give more screen time to Pocahontas or Mulans new looks which are usually hidden from the waist down.

hellorosenburg- Welcome!! I love that you use your own hair to cosplay Merida. I use my own hair when I cosplay Aurora so I completly understand. Merida is on my long list of future cosplays so eventually I may get around to her. In the meantime I love seeing everyone elses.
Unread 04-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #12529
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Faraday- I personally love Aurora's new look! It looks much more comfortable for the actress to wear and more practical, whilst still maintaining the look of Aurora. Only thing I think could be worked on is the collar, it could be a bit more obvious in the sharp points, even at that reduced height. That bottom leaked picture of the four of them though, I'm very unsure about. So far I'm not loving Ariel's dress AT all. I love that dress SO much in the merchandise that I feel they haven't really brought that to life at all! I'm also disappointed they got rid of the seaflower... that is something that makes Ariel stands out from the other princess and makes her recognisable! I just hope it's because it's a poor quality photo of a photo put on a huge screen (I saw another version of that pic). Snow's I like a lot though.
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #12530
MirniMausi
Just live more

Heya everyone I just made a rough sketch of how I imagine my stage cosplay for Jane (for our show next year, I tried to make a mixture between the musical and movie costumes) and I'd like to know what you think, maybe you could give some suggestions on how to make it (e.g. fabrics to use)?

(Sorry for the quality, couldn't scan it yet :/) I wanted to use shiny fabric for the vest, tie and the band on the hat and matt fabric for the dress itself. As for the vest, I even thought of something patterned, as in the musicals. And I'll propably use golden buttons on the whole thing.
As for the lower part, I still need to decide on what shoes to wear, but I'll surely have a petticoat under the dress. For practiacal reasons, I propably won't wear gloves.

~Up Next~
Maybe: Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:04 AM   #12531
Sonsko-chan
Rude and Ginger

hellorosenberg: Hey there, fellow Merida using natural hair (though I do have to curl mine, heh)! I threw my costume together in two days on opening weekend because I procrastinated too much. On the plus side, I wore it to a con in Scotland when I was there last August and took many a photo with wee Scottish lasses.

Faraday & Auroras-heart: I haven't totally decided how I feel about Aurora's redesign yet. The new crown seems to be a lot closer to the crown in the film, though I was fond of the old one, but aughalhf what are those shoes?! And a moment of silence for the atrocity that has been done to her bangs.
Unread 04-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #12532
Faraday
oh modern man.

Furie, I know that feel about Ariel's dress. Just the top part alone looks kind of sad and droopy... like a wilting flower. And the skirt doesn't seem very lively either. Maybe that's just cause I was so sold on her current park dress being my favorite.
Either way: Needs more mermaid Ariel. :|

Also I'm in that Arda Wigs competition! If you guys could take a minute and vote for me I'd be eternally grateful!
And and all support is greatly appreciated so if you feel so inclined, it's here labeled "CrystalFaraday3": http://kingdom-arts.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3500

(You'll need to register first for the message board, so the answer for the secret security question is "black".)
Unread 04-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #12533
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Faraday- Yeah, I really hope that when it's debuted in June it wil have gone through a couple of changes to make it better and give it the justice that new dress truly deserves. And I agree- her current park dress is my fav of ALL her dresses (film and parks), and is still my dream dress even though I own it lol!
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #12534
Chryso

Just wanted to show off my friends' fantastic villains group - aren't they just fabulous? http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...30045787_n.jpg

Run without rivals
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #12535
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Chryso: All of them look really cool! I specially like the Narissa, Scar and the Evil Quenn in both versions.
Last weekend, I finished the embroidery of my Punzie skirt after five hours of work. I have to fix some details, but the heaviest part is done. Now I have a problema: the crown has a jewel that doesn't match because is pink instead of red (is the biggest one, in the center). How can I paint it? Acrylic would work?
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #12536
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Chryso - that is awesome! The costumes are wonderfully made. Yzma and Dr. Facilier are my favorite. ^_^
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #12537
Aurora's Heart

Chryso- Awsome group!!! Kudos to the Izma for having the courage to cosplay her. They all look great!!
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #12538
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Chryso- OMG THAT GROUP! Amazing! I'm totally fangirling that someone has given Narissa some love!! That costume is incredible! And Madam Mim!!
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #12539
LKD
Is a princess!!

I can't see the page on my iPad sad I wanna see a izma!

So I finished.."finished" my Ariel gown. Still missing the trims on the poofs..and the grommets in the back (don't ask how we put it on xD you don't want to know) and the lower sleeves. I ran out of fabric so I use scraps and I don't like having seams where there shouldn't be.
http://instagram.com/p/YD_bDXhxCt/
http://instagram.com/p/YE8PgdBxBx/
http://instagram.com/p/YEEGh7BxJ3/
http://elkaydee.tumblr.com/image/48027249274

Ill finished it when..I have a party gig xD

Also finally a full shot of my Merida! Ugh another dress that needs fixing.
http://elkaydee.tumblr.com/image/48297142311

I need to stop rushing my own costumes haha I need to lighten my commission load so I can work on my stuff as well.

Going to be working in Cindy and a female version of a male character but I can't say who ;P swore I wouldn't.

Awesome news! I finally have a sewing room! My brother and his gf moved out and I stole the room for my sewing stuff haha I'm in the middle of moving in..so much stuff!
If anyone needs fabrics, ill be selling them on my FB! I have too much stuff to fit in here so I need to get rid of some
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #12540
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

I finished my Charlotte~
http://fav.me/d627qtp
England/Arthur Kirkland - Queen of Spades (APH)

@};---
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote