Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 640 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #12571
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggi View Post
Furie no, you have to pay for the tickets separately. They usually don't go on sale until July or August in my experience. And they and non refundable, non exchangeable. So if you buy them, you can't get money back if your trip cancels or if that day doesn't work.
Balls.... luckily this time round we will definitely be there over halloween as we're doing ALOT better at saving the money back and will have it all paid in time. I was hoping we could add them to our package... ah well, looks like I'll be praying halloween night will have 3 tickets available by August 8th

----

On a side note: I finally bought some wire for my Tink wings!

Unread 05-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #12572
kiggi

Kojo, then they released them a LOT earlier than usual. For the past 2 years we've gone it has been about 60 to 80 days before our trip the first week of October they were released... And our first trip for mnsshp we didn't book till June for September and they weren't on sale yet.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #12573
Faraday
oh modern man.

guys. guys.
Queen Elinor was at Merida's coronation thing ;;
http://24.media.tumblr.com/34fcd5424...aww5o4_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/36e3f2a5a...aww5o5_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/2ca31e8de...aww5o9_500.jpg

i just have a lot of feelings right now...
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #12574
Mae-Gwyn
Mae-Gwyn

I love Disney! I have too many favourite characters that I would love to cosplay as: there's Belle and Rapunzel and Ariel and Kida to name a few!

I actually came up with a surprise Disney cosplay last summer. I was in the process of making my Nausicaa Cosplay and I realized that the blue pants I was making could easily be turned into the Jasmine pants! I made the costume for Halloween originally but now I think I am going to wear it to some cons in the future! I need to get some good full length pictures!
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:15 AM   #12575
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Hi! Yesterday, I went to Expomanga as Elyon, and it was the first time someone asked me for photos! I was asked by three girls, and the third wanted to be in the photo with me. She said I'm her favourite character, and made me feel like a real Disney face character, so that made my day. I'll upload some photos as soon as I can.
Unread 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #12576
Fénicia
Professional Seamstress

Here are some pic of the test of my Athena-tail in the pool
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Athena 01b.JPG (76.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Athena 02b.JPG (76.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Athena 03b.JPG (111.5 KB, 0 views)
Unread 05-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #12577
ManicMasquerade
Manicured Maniac

I've wanted to cosplay Ariel for a long time now, but I just see the tail being too difficult. I want to be able to walk but I still want it to look like a tail :/

Ariel is my favourite Disney princess though, so I will make this happen eventually!!!

I saw an Ariel at London MCM Expo last October who was actually sitting on a rock!!! Well, its kinda hard to explain. Part of her costume was a rock. Like her waist down was inside a rock and the tail was on top of that. Hard to describe, but if you'd seen it... Wow I had to do a double take to actually figure out how she was standing.
ManicMasquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #12578
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMasquerade View Post
I've wanted to cosplay Ariel for a long time now, but I just see the tail being too difficult. I want to be able to walk but I still want it to look like a tail :/

Ariel is my favourite Disney princess though, so I will make this happen eventually!!!

I saw an Ariel at London MCM Expo last October who was actually sitting on a rock!!! Well, its kinda hard to explain. Part of her costume was a rock. Like her waist down was inside a rock and the tail was on top of that. Hard to describe, but if you'd seen it... Wow I had to do a double take to actually figure out how she was standing.
I know exactly who you're on about! XD! How I did my walkable but proper looking tail was simple: an invisible zip down the side!!! To make a mermaid tail is VERY easy and not difficult at all!!! Just celotape a lot of paper together that's longer than your leg length. Lay down ontop of the paper and draw around yourself, from your waist/hips all the way down to your toes, then sit up and off the paper, creating the little 'v' tip at the bottom of the tail on the paper so it's a smidge longer than you, then you'll have room to add the fluke in and for your feet to sit inside comfortably. Remember to give yourself like a 2inch gap between you and the "tail pattern" to allow for seam allowance.
Then its up to you where you put the invisible zip- the side or the back!
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #12579
Aurora's Heart

Farady- That is so cool they let Elinor crown Merida! Those pics just make me all warm and fuzzy not to mention the awsome lady they found to play Elinor.

In the home stretch for my May costume and about 95% complete. I've never been this far ahead on any costume before. It's next weekend and I promise I'll give you all a sneek peak thursday night.

As for Rapunzel, I have the top of one sleeve and about 1/4 of the other embroidered. The sleeves are almost easier to embroider than the skirt. LOL
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #12580
Fénicia
Professional Seamstress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMasquerade View Post

Making a tail isn't as hart as it looks If I'm on a convention or fair, I use a wheelchair (I always need it to get around on events)

I saw that Ariel to ^_^ Then 'rock' is skirt over a hoop-skirt with a fake tail on top of it, but it's very difficult to get the waist to look right then
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #12581
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

I watched some of Merida's Princess Cornation and I was really surprised by the crown that they gave her and that her mother was there but I'm guessing that was because of Mother's day or something not sure.

I can't wait for a few things one tomorrow, and then 10 more days until I can confirm that I will be doing Cinderella for 2014 some on my list of future one's have not been confirmed yet as there waiting the 10 more days

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #12582
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Going to finally start on my Cinderella (Maiden) version this week! I hope to have it finished before Saturday since it's such a simple costume.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #12583
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by YunaAngels View Post
I watched some of Merida's Princess Cornation and I was really surprised by the crown that they gave her and that her mother was there but I'm guessing that was because of Mother's day or something not sure.

I can't wait for a few things one tomorrow, and then 10 more days until I can confirm that I will be doing Cinderella for 2014 some on my list of future one's have not been confirmed yet as there waiting the 10 more days
I'm guessing it's because Merida doesn't have a prince to crown her- so it made sense it'd be her mother aka the Queen of Don Broch. ^_^!
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #12584
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

OHMERGERD GUYS!!! I ACTUALLY HAVE MADE PROPER PROGRESS ON SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

I've started work on the frame for my Tink wings today! I got the basic shape done and the vein work done with thinner wire on one wing before my back started to really hurt- so I had to stop, but it's getting there!! I might try and finish them off across the next couple of days, so I'll only have the dress to finish up by the end of the month. Pictures show the rough pattern I drafted up to trace round with the wire- the wing skeleton and the one wing with the veins. I need to buy more of the 2mm thick wire to add at the bottom to turn into the harness though. But that can wait until next week.

Unread 05-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #12585
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Anybody see Shoomlah's new Maleficent design? SO INTENSE.

Also debating which Disney fairy to cosplay... a friend of mine wants to be Queen Clarion! I've thought about Tink, but I love Periwinkle too, and so many of the others. Gah, decisions, decisions!
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote