Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1145 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #12586
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

@Stars: YES!!!! So great. I can't wait to see her other designs. Hope she does the Queen of Hearts, although I kind of doubt it since she didn't design for Alice. Maybe Gothel will tempt me more...

No Disney plans for me, but I enjoy lurking in this thread and seeing everyones' work.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #12587
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

PSY: Oh man, Queen of Hearts would be amazing. @.@ I heard that Merida might be coming up soon too; I'm excited to see that one!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #12588
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Ooohhh, Merida! If she does, I think you would totally rock it! Your Ariel was too cute! I would love to see her version of Esmeralda, or Tim Burton's Alice, too. I'm still in love with her Jasmine, Snow White, and Meg designs. Hmmm, maybe some day my Shoomlah cosplay plans will come true.

Another artist I love is Skirtzzz, and her Disney Dress Sphere project. Her version of Sally is pretty amazing. My BFF would look amazing as Belle.

Ugh, I have too many ideas. And not enough experience to do them now. Some day, some day.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #12589
MikaCosplay
Mika Cosplay

Hello Everyone, Well I have been a cosplaying Disney Princess for about 4 years now.

I have the Belle (Yellow gown), Princess Aurora (Blue), and working on getting Cinderella next year.

I have to say I love dressing up as Belle the most cause it the most recognizable one that I have and kids always point out to me of saying "Mom look its Belle" and if I hear them I will go over and say "Hi" sometimes the mom takes a pic of us two but sometimes they don't.

I have the odd few that will either walk away or look at me weird and I will just wave at the kid and they smile it makes my day.

I'm going be stepping out of my comfort zone after Cinderella is done to do a non Disney dress and it's going be weird for me cause my first cosplay was Belle.

Future Cosplay's:
Disney: Cinderella - Cinderella: Blue Gown - Planning for 2013

Last edited by MikaCosplay : 05-16-2013 at 07:05 PM.
MikaCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #12590
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Okay I have a question I wanting to ask here cause most of you would know better then I would in regards to this.

What is the best way to wear 2 cosplay's in one day?

I was thinking of bringing both of my surprise cosplay's to a convention in July where I would be debuting them at and wear one there as I know the route to stay clean and not get it dirty or to bring both in Garments bags with a bag overtop of them so people wouldn't be able to tell what they are only I would know by the hanger there on or bag overtop of them.

Now my only issue with this is that I would have to change there and then put my clothes in the garment bag that the dress was in but where would I put the other dress?

They do have a Coat check but it has been known to loose things before or misplace such as coat's/suitcases/bag's/etc ...... So I really don't want to trust them with something that's always been my dream to cosplay as for as long as I can remember.

I'm being a Volunteer at this convention so I could ask about it being put somewhere else but since an old ex friend is part of the Committee do I really want to trust that ?? Also my Husband to be is going to be coming with me there I just don't want him holding onto a bag for 3 hours or more.

Even if I was to go home and change into the other dress if I started off from home with the first dress and took the safe path I know not to get dirty since the other one is a lot more bigger of a dress I might not be able to keep it from getting dirty before it's debution and then I would have to go home and change again into the first dress I was wearing as I don't think it be good to wear the bigger and heaver dress for like an all day thing.

Please help me out on this one I am really stuck on what to do and don't really have any wrinkle away stuff if I was to even put it in a suitcase for him to watch for me or in the Volunteer room btw the Volunteer room did not have anything to hang stuff on.

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Sleeping Beauty: Aurora
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa

Last edited by YunaAngels : 05-15-2013 at 01:17 AM.
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #12591
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

No pictures but I got one wing half covered in organza today. It took me FOREVER coz I had to use UHU glue because I couldnt find my hot glue gun, and my UHU glue got EVERYWHERE! Seriously... my PJ bottoms have glue dried all down one leg and I accidentally got some on the carpet.. WHOOPS! My hands got SO messy and the glue was giving me a headache... I've really gotta work through this though tomorrow and after the weekend, so it's done by the end of the month.

There's me thinking doing crafty things were therapeutic for me haha!
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #12592
kiggi

Yuna, can you leave it in your car? Do you know anyone else going that would let you drop it in their room for the day? When I went to colossal last year I walked in in reg clothes and changed in the bathroom and put my stuff in my car, then changed back before I drove home, it worked as far as two outfits no idea
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:11 AM   #12593
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

We don't have our own transportation such as a car, truck or van to put the stuff into.

They don't have lockers at all, No friends with house's close by we are the closet people that live to the convention center that go there.

It's pretty big the petticoat to it is a 6 hoop skirt and let's just say it will have a 5 foot long train to it.

Future Cosplay's
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #12594
kiggi

Hmmm I would not be happy having to carry that around... Is it at a hotel? Is the coat check manned by an employee or volunteer? I may take the chances with the coat check to have fun/ your companion having fun... Unless you live close enough that changing and coming home to do it is a better option.... Either way good luck!

And btw I wore my 7 hoop 4 layer corseted Cinderella sll day at youmacon.... I was fine

Last edited by kiggi : 05-16-2013 at 12:53 AM.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:04 AM   #12595
LKD
Is a princess!!

AAAH I've been soo busy!
I just finished a commission of a Disney character (can't say yet!) and well here's a teaser haha
http://instagram.com/p/ZTsmFzhxK-/

Tomorrow we are going to meet up and she's going to put it on and we are going to take pics so we can finally reveal it xD it's exciting! I worked so hard in it Q^Q

Saturday I have a huge gig at work and well I have to finish the Cindy dress I've been working on by then @-@ it's basically done..just need to put it together :x I need to redo my Merida sleeves by then as well

After that I have Merida for a client..I have about 2 weeks for that .-. Meep

Kill me
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:49 AM   #12596
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggi View Post
Hmmm I would not be happy having to carry that around... Is it at a hotel? Is the coat check manned by an employee or volunteer? I may take the chances with the coat check to have fun/ your companion having fun... Unless you live close enough that changing and coming home to do it is a better option.... Either way good luck!

And btw I wore my 7 hoop 4 layer corseted Cinderella sll day at youmacon.... I was fine
It's at a Convention Centre but I have never seen lockers or anything there before.

Coat check is manned by a Volunteer and have on many occasions lost suitcases, bags, cosplay's, jackets and other things that are valuable so I don't want to trust them with something I been wanting to do for forever.

If Coat check losses something it's not there fault and not there responsibility to pay for it to be replaced, I know this cause they lost one of my friends cosplay's that cost her about $400.00 for it this person was in tears for days and I would litterly cry for months if they lost this.

It's going be sitting off of my shoulders this dress so it's not actually on the shoulders and wearing a corset underneath it and I have never worn a corset before other then for doing fittings twice in it and I don't think I want to wear it all day (the corset).

Even if I was to go home I walk about 20 - 30mins to the Convention Centre and I would fear that the route I take could get it dirty being that it's a bigger dress then I am used to unless I take the public transit bus and then it only be a 5min walk on sidewalk.

I have a Volunteer meeting at the Convention Centre next month so I will ask the security quards if there are lockers anywhere that they know of since they know better then I do.

Future Cosplay's

Last edited by YunaAngels : 05-16-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #12597
Galacticat

Making progress on my "Kiss the Girl" dress...

Currently working on the blouse (the one in the photo is just a muslin) and hope to have that done tonight or tomorrow. Then I just need to fix the waistband of the skirt and hem it.

Question: Does anyone know of a tutorial or pattern for her hairbow? I've been digging around online and am not having much luck.
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #12598
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

whithersoever - Ariel's bow is really easy to make. Get two rectangle pieces of blue fabric, sew the two pieces together down THREE of the sides only- get some netting or other stuffing, stuff it lightly, sew the opening shut, pinch the middle of your stuffed rectangular "pillow" (as it will now resemble) and sew the gathered fabric down so it's now in a bow-ish shape. Get a new piece of fabric of the same color, make it a much longer rectangle but slimmer and wrap it round the middle where you pinched the fabric, sew that piece in the back, then do the same again with the fabric (another FOUR pieces of rectangular pieces) and make the tassley bits, sewing them at the back of the bow from the middle. Add a clasp of choice and BINGO! A huge bow for Ariel! The size is entirely up to you.

Here's mine that I did as an example:
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #12599
Galacticat

Thanks, Furie! I figured it'd be something like that, but I wasn't sure if there was an alternate way to do it.
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #12600
MikaCosplay
Mika Cosplay

@Yuna: What time is your Volunteer meeting? If its around the same time as last year then meet me at The University on the day of your volunteer meeting I will show you my route I take with Belle and that's a 5 or 6 hoop crinoline I wear underneath it I forget since I have had it for years and always walk there never take the bus.

Just in case we miss each other: Going from University go down the sidewalks keep near the grass as best as possible without the dress touching it towards The Bay cross the street there if you have to run to cross the street pick up the dress and train to it keep going until you hit Broadway its slower there and less traffic and then go to the convention center from there.

That's the route I take it might be longer of a walk for you but it's worth it to keep it clean and not to get dirty, Also if you don't want anyone to see until you come in from the top floor then come in the side doors not the front entrance doors that's how I made my big debut with Belle just go up a street if you go to the side entrance as cosplayers might be outside on the day you want to do this.

As to the off the shoulders situation: My best idea is get an strapless bra cause your measurements didn't really change with it on unless you want to keep your stomach flat then deal with it as best as possible Belle is an off shoulder dress as big as yours will be so you should be fine or get a different corset before Ai-Kon

Sorry for the long post wanted to help her just in case we missed each other and Updated my other post above

Future Cosplay's:
Disney: Cinderella - Cinderella: Blue Gown - Planning for 2013

Last edited by MikaCosplay : 05-16-2013 at 07:17 PM.
MikaCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote