Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 985 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #12616
Aurora's Heart

Finally back from Costume Con and had a blast. I didn't win anything in the contest, but it's not about winning. Oddly enough my Rapunzel got some interesting reviews. Apparently people thought it was so good I had to have bought the peices in a store and sewed them together. Thankfully I had someone to set them straight but it was a weird experience from a convention full of costumers. I only ended up with two pics of my contest peice and in case you didn't get it from my teaser I made Astrid from How To Train Your Dragon. I know it's not Disney but I figured if anyone would appreciate it you guys would. I only ended up with two pics of Astrid from the weekend but I'll share them anyway.

I only have one sleeve cuff left to embroider and I can call my labor of love, Rapunzel, complete. I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #12617
aimee
it's a sparkly!

YunaAngels, it's probably too far away for them to go, sorry! Goodluck! I'm sure there must be other options, you'll just have to search for them.
aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #12618
SerendipityChan
We Fly Of Course!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here nonstop for the past couple days, and am so inspired and amazed with all of your work!

I want to do my first Disney cosplay, but the character is a little difficult and I would love your insights. Basically, it's hard, because, they aren't human.
I *really* want to cosplay a Pizza Planet Alien from Toy Story (reference). For a lot of reasons, including that I just love them, but also that they are my mom's favorite character of anything ever, and that because of the things she's done recently for me, that "we are eternally grateful". Sappy, I know. #^-^#

I was thinking about going in more of a Spring Sprite direction (green skin, green ears, green wig)? Perhaps gloves that sculpt my hands in to three fingers? Basically, any tips you have would be great, I've only done humans before, and I've never constructed my own jumpsuit either. Thank you so much!

Also, after reading through way too many old posts on this thread in proper lurking fashion, I think I might try to convince my friends that we should go to MNSSHP! Would any of you who have gone be interested in chatting with me about what it's like to cosplay at Disneyland (visiting the world of your character sounds amazing!)? Should I just post questions here, or do you want to PM me? (<- Newbie doesn't know the rules)

Again, thank you! Nice to meet all of you!
SerendipityChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #12619
LKD
Is a princess!!

I've heard rumors that Joann's has discontinued all their casa satin sheers. Is that true? Anyone know?

I kinda am bummed about it of its true. I dislike the organza they sell downtown so I always bought it at Joann's (even if I pay a lot more for less fabric yardage) and I haven't found any like their beaded glitter one :/
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #12620
kiggi

Auroras heart that looks great!!!

I'm going to my Joann's today they would know better than any ( hq store) ill ask
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #12621
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- I love your Madame Gaston! It turned out SO well! THAT is how you make a genderswapped costume!

withersoever- I think your bow is perfect! You are such a cute Ariel!

Aurora's Heart- Such a great Astrid! I think you're the first I've ever seen- haha! All the details look awesome!

My costume progress has been slow but relatively steady. Mostly, I have been working on costumes for the RenFaire that I plan to attend a couple times. The first day is this Saturday- hopefully I can finish everything on time! After that, I would like to finish up my Maid Snow White costume that I was working on a while back. I spent some time restyling the wig (I pincurled it yesterday; now I'm working on "sculpting" and pinning the curls so they sit right). I still need to finish installing the zipper on the dress and have to redo the cuffs because they are WAY small. The gathered edges of the sleeves are suuuper thick which made the cuffs about 3 inches too small. >_< Oh, the joys of costuming!
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #12622
kiggi

The girl who I talk to frequently said she had heard nothing about that. She said that doesn't mean other stores aren't carrying it, as some are downgrading but they haven't been told they aren't. So I guess it may not be a company wide thing.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #12623
Aurora's Heart

Thanks guys! I'm so glad you like my Astrid. It was hard work but a lot of fun at the same time.

As promised I have pics of my finished Rapunzel. My friend and I did a photoshoot of it on friday morning and I got some really good pics. I hope you guys enjoy them.

I have more images form the photo shoot on my deviant art page if you want to check them out.
http://sakuras-light.deviantart.com/gallery/37179255
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #12624
LKD
Is a princess!!

aurora- I am sooo jealous of your embroidery skills and patience..I never got passed the first row on my old skirt XD Right now I'm working on digitizing the embroidery for my machine to do it for a commission but oi..I barely have the patience to do this XD

Man its been awhile since I've been here >< First I was all busy with commissions and then I had no internet and then more commissions XD

I finished my Merida commission a week ago I think,
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3393348/

and I just finished my Cinderella commission,
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3393349/

That one was a weekend project @-@ I remade most of the progress I had done months ago.

I swear I just want a break from sewing q-q After AX I have a week bare to just relax XD Can't wait.

I'm working on Rapunzel now along with Princess Buttercup (Princess Bride) and then I'm done with all the commissions for AX/Comiccon/DragonCon.

I'm hoping to finish by next week so I have time left to remake my Peri top ><

I splurged and bought fancy fairies glow in the dark large wings for my bday (my wallet...I'm crying) so I'm definitely taking both fairies to AX XD I swear that Merida dress paid for those wings. I still owe half >>;
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #12625
Aurora's Heart

LKD- Thanks. I acctually did most of the embroidery while watching t.v. I supose I can thank my recent fascination with doing cross stitch kits which got my patience level to where it needed to be for this. Either that or the fact that Glene Keane went to all the trouble to animate the stitch holes into her outfit so I figured I owed it to him to get this right. LOL The funny thing is, I'm now going through embroidery withdrawl. Maybe it's a drug.

By the way, your commisions look amazing. The Merida dress hemline is just mind blowing. That's where you gain my respect as well as your tailoring skills.
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #12626
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- love those commissions!

Sooo.... I'm still easing myself back into cosplay a year down the line, and today I started to alter my Megara dress. Okay, it was just sewing the underbust band on the top part, but it's a start. I'm too scared to cut up my dress to sew the bottom part of the band in whilst lengthening the dress, so I'm gonna make mom do it haha! Gonna wear it in a month's time at a con as I miss being Meg sooooo bad!
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #12627
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Question: How would I hang a dress that's an off a shoulder type dress ?? This would be my first dress like this so I'm kind of new on how to hang it up.

Would I need a regular hanger, a clip hanger (those ones with the clips) or drape it on the where pants would sit on the hanger? If there's a way to get no folding lines if I drape it I would be interested in learning how.

It's a pretty big dress with a long train added to it that was made for me so I'm not sure if it will have the little straps inside of it to hang it up.

I thought this would be the best place to ask since some of the Disney Dress's are off the shoulder dress and are big as well so thought a lot of you would know the best way to hang it up.

Also what would the best way to get rid of any wrinkles without a steamer or iron with a silk like look fabric but not 100% sure what it is ?

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Sleeping Beauty: Aurora
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa

Last edited by YunaAngels : 06-12-2013 at 09:07 AM.
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #12628
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Yuna- I use clip hangers when I have to hang my off the shoulder costumes up
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #12629
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
Yuna- I use clip hangers when I have to hang my off the shoulder costumes up
I figured it out I put the dress on a hanger that has those grooves on top for like thin strap dress's put the off shoulders part there and it's been hanging no problem like that for me as long you put the material there it stays for me.

I'm using the only clip hanger I have for the Petticoats that aren't attached to the inside of the dress and are separate themself's

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Sleeping Beauty: Aurora
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #12630
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Well, I suppose everybody's on holiday by now (no much activity here)... I've been working during the past two weeks in a Ms. Potts costume commission and a Beast's wig. Here's Ms. Potts dress. I'm making the hat and the apron just now.
http://awesome-aeviking-stuff.tumblr...ge/53111592416
I'm so happy with it because it's my first design that comes to life, and successfully!