Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 639 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #12646
nessabutterfly

Oh, I recognized the dress right away-- it just looked like she had added cap sleeves for some reason. Since that's not part of the dress, I'd say, yes go ahead and add the ribbon as soon as you can since you don't want to warp the shape of the pink band. It's a super heavy dress and while the band shouldn't rip, I would be worried that the weight would warp it's shape over time.

I have a dress with the exact same off the shoulder style ( http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1651100/ ), and I do hang it by the band, but it weighs less than a pound. And even as light as it is, it still gets a little bit of warping, though it's mild enough that it settles down after I've been wearing it a while.

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 06-20-2013 at 01:53 PM.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #12647
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
Oh, I recognized the dress right away-- it just looked like she had added cap sleeves for some reason. Since that's not part of the dress, I'd say, yes go ahead and add the ribbon as soon as you can since you don't want to warp the shape of the pink band. It's a super heavy dress and while the band shouldn't rip, I would be worried that the weight would warp it's shape over time.
Yeah I added Ribbon just underneath the pink strap of the dress for it to hang like that instead like it was from my Pajama Pants that had Ribbon inside of them that didn't fit me anymore and it's been working perfectly took a while to do it but so far its worth it

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #12648
Aurora's Heart

Furie- Glad your able to remake your Meg. I need to tweek the wig on mine but I have no motivation. LOL I also need to fix my Aurora so maybe you'll be my motivation.

I did get some costuming done today. I went up in the mountains with my friend this morning and got some good pics of my Astrid since the only ones I have are the dark con ones I showed you guys. I was so tired when I got back I ditched cleaning and started sewing my Vanellope hoodie. All I have left to do on it is the sleeves and then hem it. I love sewing kicks.
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #12649
girlinthestars
Lunarex

I've been thinking about doing Periwinkle from the Disney Fairies, but I want to make sure I'm comfortable in it. I really want to do it, though I''m not sure if I should wait until 2014 to make it or for a con in August.

And I don't even know where to start for the wings.

Next Costumes

Recent Completed Costumes
Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
girlinthestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #12650
nessabutterfly

I am CRAVING cosplay (haven't made a new costume for myself in a year and a half!) I think I'm going to attempt Vanessa from the Little Mermaid. It's simple and I already have the wig. Or maybe Giselle's pink dress. I have the wig and fabric for that one...

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 06-21-2013 at 05:36 AM.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #12651
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Aurora's Heart: Your Astrid is great! It has encouraged me with mine (working on the skirt by now).
Thanks! It was a lot of hard work, but it looked beatiful at the end. I'll try to post some photos I made during the play, and a new álbum for my sister's Lumier (designed by me too).
I'm working on my Astrid's cosplay and some Disney OOAKS I've been comissioned for, but I'll try to do something of my Citrusella during this summer.
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #12652
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Heart View Post
Furie- Glad your able to remake your Meg. I need to tweek the wig on mine but I have no motivation. LOL I also need to fix my Aurora so maybe you'll be my motivation.
Which reminds me... I need to take photos of the finished head band! I shall do that once I've got a wig head and I've put the volume back into the bangs of the wig, then you can see it all together ^_^!
I also need to restyle my Ariel bangs, as they needed a much needed wash tonight after I did an Ariel job this afternoon. XD! Gotta be Ariel yet again next weekend for a charity event, the Megara the weekend after that! I'm gonna be so shattered!

Talking of Megara, I got my violet contact lenses this morning in the mail for her! I love them! Excuse the tired half of make up off look, I took this when I got home from "work"
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #12653
Aurora's Heart

Aeviking- Thanks.

Furie- Love the contacts.

I finished my Vanellope hoodie today. It still needes the shoe string licorice embellishments, but the main part of it is done. It's not bad considering this is the first hoodie I've ever made. I have pics so you guys can see it and I think I'm totaly crazy for making a hoodie in 90 degree weather. LOL.

Unread 06-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #12654
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Aurora- thank you! Also, loving your hoodie! You did a greta job!

Megara wig revamp from me, the clips were holding down the ends of the base wig's ponytail, as it was flicking out into the back of the wig and causing stray hairs to become static lol! It's all fixed up now:

I'm actually adoring the headband now that I stiffened it and went over it and added detailing.
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #12655
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Just thought I'd show you all these if you haven't seen them yet!

McCall's now has a Merida pattern and an OUAT Snow White and Regina outfit! The Merida one still has princess seams that would need to be omitted for accuracy, but the other parts aren't too shabby! The SW outfit looks pretty good at first glance, as well.
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #12656
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Don't think I've ever posted in this thread before but someone reminded me that Vanellope is a Disney character. Here's my progress with her: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/454926/ I'm finishing the skirt right now and need to finish the tights and glue the candies to my wig. I finished the hoodie last week.

Also working on a Maiko style Princess Tiana. Have many ideas for her kimono and obi

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #12657
Aurora's Heart

Furie- Love your Meg wig.

Suzie- It's about time they made those patterns. Almost makes me want to make Merida now.

Rangiku 12- Looking good so far.
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #12658
timeisgalleons
an actual princess

Kay guys, I need a bit of help with somethin'.

how would I go about making Lottie's wig?
ref

How to Train Your Dragon 2 group
(Hiccup, Astrid, Ruffnut, Tuffnut)

timeisgalleons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #12659
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
Just thought I'd show you all these if you haven't seen them yet!

McCall's now has a Merida pattern and an OUAT Snow White and Regina outfit! The Merida one still has princess seams that would need to be omitted for accuracy, but the other parts aren't too shabby! The SW outfit looks pretty good at first glance, as well.
Ooh those are nice patterns!!!

Aurora- thank you! Can't wait to rewear her even more now. I'll be meeting Norman Reedus as Megara... this will be filmed as the mental image is too funny to me!
Unread 06-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #12660
aimee
it's a sparkly!

I'm almost done with my Kiss the Girl Ariel! I mostly just need to style the wig (and finish my husband's Eric costume)

You can see more work in progress photos here: http://aimeemajor.com/wp/2013/06/24/...l-costume-wip/

LKD- Love the embellishments on your Merida! What kind of fairy wings did you buy (where did you buy them? I'd like to see!)

Furie- good luck with Meg! Wow those violet contacts look cool! I wish I could wear them. ^_^

Suzie Blue, thanks for posting those pattern links! I hadn't seen those! Totally cool.

timeisgalleons - for that wig, I could put a foam or wire structure inside the hair and build the hair on top of it.
aimee is offline   Reply With Quote