Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1158 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #12676
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

timeisgalleons- I could see it working, I just wonder that cotton might not be thick enough or heavy enough to do the drape that she has. If you live in the states, Casa satin is on sale for $2.99/yd. It's of a great quality and might work better.

aimee- Your Ariel cosplay and twins are precious!

Yuna- I say go with the surprise! Hold off posting the photos until after the con

Rangiku- Progress looks good! If you need to make a leg double for painting the tights, I have a tutorial you could use.

alice- that's great! And I know your pain- my sewing machine has been misbehaving a lot too lately.

As for me, I've made pretty good progress on my Ariel redesign/original look:

Now I'm just waiting for my pearl trim to arrive. If I don't have it by Wednesday, I'm buying some at JoAnns. I have to hand-sew 10 yds of it onto the overlay of that dress in time for my friend's wedding next month @_@

I've also decided to cosplay Merida's princess dress. This is the pattern (view C) I've picked up, but I'm not sure what to use. Cornflower blue Casa satin has been discontinued, so I'm not sure which shade of blue to use. I looked at some charmeuse fabric, but it reminded me of a cheap satin, so I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas? There's this pretty teal that is close, but it reminds me too much of Jasmine.
Casa colors for reference

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 07-05-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #12677
nessabutterfly

Aimee-- your girls are adorable. I love family cosplay. We've only done a few with everyone, but it's more fun when you all match.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #12678
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Aimee- your cosplay is adorable - reminds me of the Little Mermaid episode in which Ariel has to baby-sit troublesome twin merbabies.. lol.. ^_^
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #12679
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Meg went down so well yesterday at London Film Comic Con! Buuuuuuut the odd pic I have seen already of myself, I hate. 1) the orange lighting is just TERRIBLE and 2) my weight gain is really obvious in the dress... URGH!

Amiee- I just saw a photo of you as Ariel in my friend's folder from the con! He was the scottish guy with his mates (probably), dunno if you remember seeing him or not, but yeah. XD! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 07-07-2013 at 02:32 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #12680
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Iíve started doing the beading/trim along the edge of Arielís overlay. The trim is this pretty iridescent stuff and Iím sewing the pearls in. There's about 10 yards to sew in total and I've already done 1 1/2, so I think I'm off to a pretty good start.

My deviantArt

Unread 07-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #12681
Aurora's Heart

Amiee- I love your Ariel and your twins are adorable.

Furie- I understand your frustration. My school girl Kairi (Kingdom Hearts II) does that. I look really good in it but for some reason the pictures of it all give me thunder thighs. It's annoying.

Benni- Love the trim, it's gonna make the dress look really good.

I got inspired on Deviant Art and so here is my newest project (cause I don't already have a millon LOL). I'm going to do the Mulan Warrior Dressphere by Skirtzzz.
http://sakuras-light.deviantart.com/...?_sid=7575eaca

I have the material for it I'm just waiting to get inspired to start.
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #12682
aimee
it's a sparkly!

Callesto, aw I'd love to... but it's hard to go with the babies and it's pretty pricey for us right now. Maybe in 2 years when they do it again?

Thanks so much for the nice comments you guys! <3 <3 <3

Alice - I'd forgotten about that episode!

Furie - cool! I totally remember! THanks!
aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #12683
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Well I'm so happy with how the photo shoots came out on Saturday I'm thinking of releasing them tomorrow or Friday hours before the con that way I won't have as many to do afterwards.

Only 1 Day 6 Hours and 12 min until Ai-Kon 2013 where I would be debuting them at once they are up in here I will post a link to them

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Sleeping Beauty: Aurora
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #12684
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Here are my Surprise Cosplay's

Anastasia Romanova: Dream Dress - Fav Photo: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3407718/ and more photos at http://www.cosplay.com/costume/459423/

Anastasia Romanova: Grand Dutchess Dress - Fav Photo: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3407739/ and more photos at http://www.cosplay.com/costume/459433/

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Sleeping Beauty: Aurora
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa

Last edited by YunaAngels : 07-11-2013 at 01:06 PM.
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #12685
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Aimee- you're welcome!!

Sooooo for me, I've seen more photos of my partially revamped Meg and well... I hate myself in every one of them, so not gonna share- unless you're on my facebook then you've probably already seen them as I'm tagged in them. But yeah... I'm sooooo disappointed. People told me I looked great last week, and looking back I'm like "Y'ALL LIED TO ME I LOOK F***ING AWFUL!! URGH I LOOK DISGUSTING!" So glad I decided to just drink water really every day and stuff, coz urgh I wanna cry every time I look at any image of me right now. I also gotta get my seafoam sparkly Ariel dress made for MNSSHP in October.
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #12686
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Furie- You're coming down for MNSSH!?!?! We have to hang out!
Speaking of which, did you get my samples? I know I took forever sending them, but they should have reached you back in February or sometime around then.

My deviantArt

Unread 07-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #12687
kojirojames2004
Ho, ho, ho brother...

And while Monsters University is still on the brain, has anyone thought about being a MU "fearleader"? Just buy a cheerleader uniform online at a place like epicsports.com, add a pair of light blue tights (or a light blue unitard), purple fuzzy leg warmers and a wig with horns plus the pompoms (in blue and white) and voila!
Unread 07-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #12688
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Beni- Yup I am!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost got the actual vacation paid off (will be sending the final payment around the 8th August!!!), then we'll be looking at the MNSSHP tickets!!!! I'm SO excited!! Yes we totally have to meet up!!! OH my gosh yes I did!! I can't believe I forgot to let you know!! Whoopsie!!! Haha!!
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #12689
MalteseLizzie

I'm going to be making Merida's green dress. Bought the fabric last Monday: a nice medium weight green cotton material. I have some white cotton that will be used to all the ruffles. Still trying to figure out what to do about the hair: seen some lovely wigs, but shipping from America is very expensive.

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #12690
SleazyNerd

I'm working on a Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I have the hoop skirt bought, along with some accessories, but now I'm to afraid to buy the fabric, because I don't want to make a mistake. I've been told to get Casa Satin for her golden gown, is this the best suggestion, and does anyone have any other suggestions? And sorry but 501 pages was to many to search through to see if someone already answered this exact question XD

Please and thank you with your help
SleazyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote