Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 902 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #12721
Faraday
oh modern man.

My Snow White hoodie is still for sale in case anyone's interested: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=327552

And since
I found Aurora's park redesign fabric for a friend
, I'll be making Snow's redeisgn as well.
That being said: I'm thinking of selling my actual Snow White costume too some time soon in case anyone here wants dibs on that.

Unread 07-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #12722
LKD
Is a princess!!

Faraday- are you guys going to d23 too? Or just the Halloween party? How much are you selling the snow costume? A friend of mine is looking for one :3

I just can't keep secrets even though I'm supposed to so Ill post it just here xD
For d23 and I'm hoping for a Halloween night, not sure which one yet since I don't know who's going or when q^q , I'm making Sofia~ I'm so excited!
I'm making her concept/preview dress;

The differences are the pearls on the sleeves, the sleeve is a different fabric, and that the skirt doesn't have pearls scattered everywhere (I am going to put a few though xD) and the embroidery @-@ I'm making the bigger pieces as appliqué but the lil designs around will be machine embroidered. I'm not sure if it has the stripe on the creme skirt so I'm debating on it..it would be easier but I'd have to get more yardage to cut it out in one piece.

I got this pretty Rapunzel purple dupioni for the purple parts (going to dye it for the darker part on her bodice) and I'm getting Joann's glitter satin for the creme part when the 1st comes cause their casa satin stuff will be 70% off then 8D for the stripe I got taffeta but again still debating it. I think I spent $40 on all the pearls and pearl trims ($1.50 a yd really adds up xD )

Oh I transformed my Lottie tiara to hers, added/changed crystals. I had to create the circles in the heart, so I used the washers from some small eyelets I had and glued the crystals to that xD the pendant is the Disney store one but I changed the crystals and added pearls to it :3 darn crystals were like welded in. I killed my awl trying to poke them out >< I also elongated the chain since it was too short.

Sorry for rambling! So excited to finally make myself a ballgown and a big disney costume after making soo many commissions xD

Gotta finish a Tink this weekend so I can start it >3<
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #12723
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Roxie- AHHHHHHH! You're going to make such a wonderful Sofia. She's a dream cosplay of mine and I can't wait to see how your's turns out.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #12724
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Maybe you could also wear that Sofia cosplay to Mickey's Halloween Party, LKD.
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #12725
Faraday
oh modern man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Faraday- are you guys going to d23 too? Or just the Halloween party? How much are you selling the snow costume? A friend of mine is looking for one :3
No D23 for me this year unfortunately. Still just not in the cards but I really just want to go for whatever Captain America stuff they reveal. :x
But yes @ Halloween party!

I'm thinking 95$ for the Snow costume just so I can get back the cost of materials (and there's a lot of materials, lol).
It would include: The velveteen bodice with detachable white collar, the red velveteen cape, organza and glitter cotton skirt, and red headband bow.
It was made before I got my serger so the inside isn't pretty, but it's still holding up!
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #12726
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- oh my gosh you're gonna make such a fantastic Sofia!!!
Unread 08-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #12727
nessabutterfly

It's quiet around here lately.

Also, I need to sew. Desperately. I've been making hair accessories to my shop, but I really need to sew. I'm very limited with my straight stitch machine and broken serger, but there are still lots of things I can make. (Need to earn enough money for a new serger).

I think my next project will be Disney princess headbands for winter. Like my Snow White one that I made to go along with my very first princess hoodie. Technically, I could make those too-- fleece doesn't require seam finishing... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=555616311140379&set=a.5556160211404 08.1073741837.138363899532291&type=3&theater
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:57 AM   #12728
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

My Tink wings were shipped a couple of days ago! I'm so excited to get them!
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #12729
Aurora's Heart

LKD- I can't wait to see your Sofia.

Nessa- That sounds like a good idea.

I'm making good progress on my Mulan Dressphere. The top is almost done. I just have to figure out where I want to hem it. The shorts are done, minus the buttons. I bought a pair of brown leggings and I just have to cut the cloak down and tatter the hemline. I also managed to get my hands on a dressform, finally. It was the one Joann's had on sale during their deal days sale. I know it may end up being cheep but I figure for my first dressform it will do and can always upgrade at some point if I want to.
Unread 08-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #12730
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

My Tink wings are in the UK!!! In customs, but still in the UK! YAY!!!!!!! Now to pray I don't clobbered with too much customs or any at all! XD! Talking of Tink, here's my dress of original "Peter Pan" Tink, I wanna add some straps as the bust line is folding down a teeny bit making the dress look like it's sitting lower than it actually is. But other than that, Tink is done!

I'm also updating (well.. just sewn in elastic and gonna sew in the top rope) my Ariel sail rags for MNSSHP in October as I'm too scared to make her seafoam dress, yup.. my confidence is still non existant in making something from scratch. =/ So making my sail rags more fitted on the bust line so it 100% doesn't fall down in the park! Will be wearing a body suit underneath to 1) cover my tattoos and 2) be more suitable in the park.
Unread 08-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #12731
nessabutterfly

Tink looks great. I can't remember, did your mom help you with this one? It turned out really well. Love the sparkles.
Unread 08-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #12732
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
Tink looks great. I can't remember, did your mom help you with this one? It turned out really well. Love the sparkles.
Yeah mom made this one for me. There aren't actually any sparkles on it! Its made out of this gorgeous velvet that just seems nicely shimmer in natural light, but without giving that "cheap" look!
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #12733
nessabutterfly

Well, it sure does shimmer! Can't wait to see pics of it outdoors with the wings! Do you have an event planned for when to wear it?

I need to find events to cosplay at. I want to make costumes, but I have no motivation.
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:09 AM   #12734
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I don't actually, but I'm adding Tink to my business lineup of characters so there'll be events she'll be at I'm sure. Tink is really popular in my area, so hoping she'll bring in the bookings haha! I do however want to go to my local park for a photoshoot whilst the weather is still nice, because the park is just like Pixie Hollow in so many little nooks and areas!!!
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #12735
ObitoTheHero

Your Tink looks awesome!! I actually did a Tink cosplay and then cut the bottom of the dress too short and it ruined the whole thing and I have to make it over again. :P

But I love yours, it's perfect! Can't wait for the wings to come in!

Future Cosplays:
Gilbert Nightray [Pandora Hearts]
Roxas [Kingdom Hearts II]
Lovino/Romano (South Italy) [Axis Powers Hetalia]
Kyouya Ootori [Ouran Highschool Host Club]

Finished Cosplays:
Pikachu [Pokemon]- Anime Boston 2010
Belle [Disney's Beauty and the Beast]
Merida [Disney's Brave]
Rapunzel [Disney's Tangled]
Hungary [Axis Powers Hetalia]

My Deviantart:http://obitothehero.deviantart.com/