Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 671 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #12811
AngelicLuka

hey all! i need help, i'm usually really good at finding fabric for my cosplays, but I currently can't find the fabric for the new LE 17" Mermaid Ariel Doll. I want to cosplay it. the tail fabric is a dual-toned teal purple taffeta
AngelicLuka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #12812
Aurora's Heart

Hey guys, I entered my Rapunzel in an online costume contest and would like it if you guys could vote for me. The contest says you can ask for votes so I thought I would go to my biggest supporters. You can vote untill midnight on Halloween. You have to submit three different contestants when you vote but first place gets 3 points, second 2 points and thrid place 1 point. Just read the rules on the site and you should be o.k.
http://www.catzia.com/contest2013.htm
P.S.
The secret code is located on the lower left hand side of the page in the link, just so you know.

I understand if you don't vote just figured I'd ask.
Unread 10-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #12813
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Just got my wigs for Merida, and I'm looking for a wool to order to her cape that won't break the bank. xD
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #12814
Feysera
I'd rather be Lois Lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YunaAngels View Post
@Feysera - I would love to have the Rapunzel I have asked about getting it made for me so you might see it from me sometime
Awesome! Can't wait!
Feysera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #12815
nessabutterfly

I leave for Florida in 60 hours and I still haven't even started cutting the pieces on my Cinderella costume. All I have is a few embroidered and crocheted trims to attach to a costume I haven't made. Feeling so discouraged right now.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #12816
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Nessa, just take it easy. And have fun.
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #12817
nessabutterfly

Well, I kicked myself in the butt and got sewing. Here's the corset: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=578748168827193&set=a.1749782125375 26.30022.138363899532291&type=1&theater

And then I spent FIVE HOURS getting the shape right on the poofy overskirt. ARG! It's finally good though.

Today will be spent making layers and layers of fluffy skirts.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #12818
ThePrincessMom

I didn't know where to ask so I figured I'd come here since this is just home base for me!
What type of make up would you recommend I use for my arms & legs? I need to mae myself pale/green (basically, dead) but I don't know what would be good to use for covering my body that won't rub completely off on my clothes.

Any advice? I can do a face ok with what I have lying around my house but my arms especially would completely run off against my sides.
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #12819
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

@ThePrincessMom - when I did Fiona a few years ago, I used Kryolan Aquacolor to paint myself green. The only part that rubbed off was at the base of my neck where I had a bobby pin causing friction. That stuff didn't smudge or rub off at ALL. It was a bit messy while applying but once dry it was pretty solid.
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #12820
chocobotails
just like a cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicketySplit07 View Post
Wow, I had no idea about this Bear Flynn Rider... I'm glad they didn't keep him like that. But yea, your bf definitely looks like a Kristoff. And besides, Kristoff's costume just looks alot more fun (and easier) to make - Hans is too clean cute for my liking. Haha, hurray for husbands and boyfriends who let us do this to them! We should totally share pictures when all is said and done -- if they ever get done (I didn't realize how much embroidery was on everything!) Good luck with yours though too!!
Oh yeah, Disney's original Flynn design was DEFINITELY not fitting to the movie, I prefer "bear" Kristoff instead, worked out perfect. Well thank you, I'm really excited to see how he looks (especially clean shaven YAY!) Yeah, Hans is way too "prissy". I know right? I keep getting a bunch of people asking if we are a couple and we say yes and they freak out. They think we are brother and sister cause boyfriends like my football player manly man "don't cosplay" xD. My bf loves it so much he wants to do Carl and Ellie from Up when we're old and married and whatnot ;P YES! I WOULD LOVE THAT Oh yeah the embroidery is killer, I'm still not done with my Rapunzel skirt so moving onto Anna's...I know its not going to be done haha. Thank you!
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #12821
Aurora's Heart

Vidia is comming along nicely which is good because I debut her a week from Saturday. I have half her wings done and have to get the other half done but the frost effect looks nice. I got my wig today so I just have to style it. Her pants are 90% done and I worked really hard today and got her top almost done. I need to get boots for her and the fur trim but I'm so happy she's comming together as I've been swamped with work.
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #12822
ThePrincessMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardhri View Post
@ThePrincessMom - when I did Fiona a few years ago, I used Kryolan Aquacolor to paint myself green. The only part that rubbed off was at the base of my neck where I had a bobby pin causing friction. That stuff didn't smudge or rub off at ALL. It was a bit messy while applying but once dry it was pretty solid.
Thanks so much....hmmm I wonder if I can get hold of that in time. I need it for next weekend.
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #12823
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

EEEEE!!! I'm so excited right now guys! FIVE MORE NORMAL DAYS TO GO, THEN I'M FLYING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!! My halloween party tickets will be here on Monday, hopefully Tuesday I'll have my costume from my mate and ITS ALL HAPPENING! We even have been chosen to test the magic bands!!!!! My wig finally turned up too! Not what I ordered at all, but I can make it work. It's like... a brighter slightly redder copper version of the parks wig. Pretty but not the dark rich red one I ordered. The back shot is the more accurate color of it in person. The bangs are super short too, glad I'm not worrying about styling it until I'm there.

I've also styled an old Ariel wig of mine for mom's fem!sebastian gajinka costume to go with my Ariel! I adore the wig so much now I've styled it. It's got a bo-ho ffx rikku vibe to it. With braids in places, wispy bits and a back updo. I'm actually in love with the style lol! I've since put little pale pink cording to tie up the ends of the braids into it, but I didn't know what to use when I took these photos, so the bobby pins just did the job until I figured it out XD!

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 10-11-2013 at 04:38 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #12824
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Hey guysssssss long time no see! I've missed this forum but life has been SO busy with the wedding and working Shadocon and just life in general. I hope you all have been having a great last few months!

So I'm actually going to pick up fabric for Anna from Frozen today. My friend and I are making Anna and Elsa for Holiday Matsuri. I'm kind of frustrated though. I can't find any full body shots of Anna. Would anyone happen to either have reference pics or know of somewhere I can find some? :3

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #12825
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- only full length image I've come across is the disney parks costume which are just film accurate:

I'll look for others on tumblr for you ^_^