Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 07-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #13291
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by casraecal View Post
No idea how i'm gonna do her armor/space suit bit though
EVA foam or Worbla, most likely. You'll probably have some luck looking into tutorials for Mass Effect armor, or other things with larger chest plates.

------------

Anyhow, hey all! Not sure if I've popped into the Disney Cosplay subforum before (and if I have, it's been a loooong while). I'm Stars, and I've been cosplaying Ariel for a little over a year now.

This outfit is based off of the wedding dress at the end, but has the "historically accurate" twist from Shoomlah's designs.

I'm hoping to have finished a swimmable version of Ariel's tail for Colossalcon 2015! (Most of that's planned out already, and I've got nearly all the supplies, huzzah). I'm a ballgown fiend, so I'm sure the pink dress will happen eventually too!

Nice to meet you all.
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #13292
Satine

http://www.arrayedindreams.com/2014/...update-whoops/

Whoops! So I've put all the sequins out to compare. On a scale the Athena Beads "cornflower" blue are in fact slightly cool tinted so will blend in well with slightly greener blues. If you are looking at a more baby blue then the Josey Rose blue will be better.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #13293
casraecal
Cass

So I have a Fem Hans!
Something I thought I would never do. But as part of a Facebook competition I'm in currently I have done my very first Genderbend
I'm pretty proud of what I made in a week and think I might even take it to a con if I tweeak it a little
Fem Hans PhotoShoot
Sabine Wren - 10% still gathering supplies

My Cosplay Page
casraecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 03:19 AM   #13294
Satine

Moors robe fabric already in my stash! Then velvet I managed to get on sale. Leather I also got on sale (need to strip the brown coating off.) MJ Trends stretch matte PVC. It has a skin texture! hooray!
Unread 07-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #13295
Satine

So today I finally got some filler on the head cast to be almost ready to start making my appliances And I started draping the pattern for the velvet Next step is to find an equally reasonable source for lining the tabbard and cloak.
Unread 08-02-2014, 03:50 AM   #13296
kojirojames2004
Ho, ho, ho brother...

Note for the folks down Florida way:

The second annual "Villains Unleashed" hard-ticket party will be held August 23rd at Disney Hollywood Studios. If you're thinking about going in costume, it will be encouraged.
Unread 08-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #13297
BuonoTomato!
Mituna, King of Pigeons

I'd like to do Clopin from the Hunchback of Notre Dame or Panic from Hercules sometime.
Character CD England: Hetalia
~Cosplays in Progress: Some are on hiatus for time being due to money & the back-to-school hassle~
Russia: Hetalia (80%)
Romano: Hetalia (20%)
Envy: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (10%)
Erisolsprite: Homestuck (50%)
QT: Space Dandy (20%)
BuonoTomato! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #13298
Satine

New horn progression:

http://www.arrayedindreams.com/tag/maleficent/

The face is due to how the fibreglass managed to bond through three thick coats of PVA. No, I have no idea how. But it did. So now I need to clean my head cast and then repair the damage done to it. Tomorrow though as I have been spending the day trying to get my costume closet sorted so as to have room for the gown and accessories once done.
I have a feeling this costume will have a very slow lead up then a flurry of activity as I wind up having all materials in hand later in the month.
Unread 08-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #13299
Satine

I have lining! I think. I use it for the Christening gown if I do't grab some dye for my silk this week.
Also horns are now tidied and roughened to get the new texture and raised area s needed. I still need to cut back a few more curves. And some anchor points.

http://www.arrayedindreams.com/2014/...orns-cut-back/
Unread 08-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #13300
Satine

http://neimhaille.tumblr.com/post/94...hape-i-knew-my

Still need to sand back the new layer and cut out the inside of the extra filler at the base of the horns, but I love the shape.
And yes it is winter here so minky leopard spot brunch coat is currently home wear.
Unread 08-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #13301
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

going with my twin sister to 'Mickey's not so scary Halloween party' in October. we decided to go as Cinderella's step sisters. I'm going as Anastasia, she as Drizella. finished my dress (besides the hem) the other day and wanted to share~ haven't sewn anything in forever! I broke 5 needles making the skirt section b/c of how many layers the pattern has. sheesh.

Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 12:07 AM   #13302
Aurora's Heart

Satine- Love your progress and your horns are amazing.

Biscuit- Love the Anasatsia dress. It's nice to find characters that you can do with your sister.

Well I finally finished my costume for September so I got back to working on my Anna. I have the base corset done except for adding boning so I can use that as a guide to cut out my velvet for embroidering. I have the material for my best friends Elsa dress. The black top and dress. It was a little bit of work to get the material as she had chosen a specific type of material. She has Fibro Miyalga so the way fabrics feel on her skin can determine weather or not she wears it. Since she really wants this costume and hardly ever wants to cosplay with me, I'm making sure she gets what she wants. It's more blue than the aqua color on the movie but I think it will still look good. I also picked up some floss for embroidering both her costume and mine so we're off to a good start. I still need to get cloak material for her but I have styled her wig, just need to cut bangs. I'll post pics when I get a chance.
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #13303
Satine

@Biscuit yay, sisters! Have you seen the step sisters a la Into the Woods? With the new movie I'm looking forward to "standard" variations on them (the original musical has them in perfect 1830s gowns!

@Aurora's Heart Thank you Sorry aout your friend's Firo. I understand in a similar but not way- I have joint deformities in my wrists fromRheumatoid Arthritis, which when particularly active triggers some of those classic FM points. And so I do adapt costumes where needed too. More so in terms of reducing pressure on ribs and making them easy to get in and out of. That last on takes a while to be willing to do.

So I just wanted to give you a kudos for working with her needs

Started cutting the horns down to shape and to be able to be worn. I still need to cut a tiny slivver from the front and slightly more at the back and then vents in the top.
The left horn base is too heavy, but this is pronounced more in the photos due the the angle of the camera and mirror. And me benig shortsighted and unable to see what I was doing.
The horns hold on just with hair, though my hair is now far too short to pin over the top. I need a lace front wig for this “natural” look.

But I also narrowed the tips and made those curves much more pronounced, Hampered by my dust mask and goggles not cooperating so I couldn't see. I have a respirator with multi cartridges, just have to find it after a clean and disinfectant.
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #13304
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

I don't know if this helps but as someone that hasn't spent hours and hours staring at them, they look pretty natural to me. I mean there are probably some uneven points but horns are never perfectly symmetrical.

Finished:
Azula (Season 3, Avatar the Last Airbender)
Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon Stars)

Remaking:
Asami (Season 3, Legend of Korra)

Working on:
Mulan (Mulan)
Princess Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)
Wonder Woman (Justice League Unlimited)
Power Ranger Villain OC
Huntress (Justice League Unlimited)
White Phoenix of the Crown (X Men)

Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #13305
kojirojames2004
Ho, ho, ho brother...

Biscuit, I would love to see the real stepsisters' reaction to your costumes.