Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Silent Hill

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Irate Cosplay
proudly gheTTo

Silent Hill - Colin

So, I want to try and do a Colin cosplay. Fun, no? For those of you who don't remember, or don't know, who Colin is or what he looks like, here's a picture.

Beware of. . .grossness
Much bigger picture. xD Also grossness.

Remember? Well, I've got a couple of issues. Most prominent being that I'm not a flexible person. And Colin, apparently, is. So, I'd have to think of either a similar position that isn't as painful, but still looks good, or find someway to do justice to his character while just walking. Then there's the makeup and ideas for making my skin look all rotten like I've been in a bathroom stall for 30 years. oo; Lots of issues that need you guys' help. xD

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Blood!Seras - Hellsing Sun!Kumo - Original Character
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon VideoDuel!Pegasus - Yuugiou

Last edited by Irate Cosplay : 04-25-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Irate Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irate Cosplay View Post
So, I want to try and do a Colin cosplay. Fun, no? For those of you who don't remember, or don't know, who Colin is or what he looks like, here's a picture.

Beware of. . .grossness
Much bigger picture. xD Also grossness.

Remember? Well, I've got a couple of issues. Most prominent being that I'm not a flexible person. And Colin, apparently, is. So, I'd have to think of either a similar position that isn't as painful, but still looks good, or find someway to do justice to his character while just walking. Then there's the makeup and ideas for making my skin look all rotten like I've been in a bathroom stall for 30 years. oo; Lots of issues that need you guys' help. xD
Actually, Colin isn't that flexible The person wearing the suit is actually the same guy who did Pyramid Head in the movie. The legs are fake - he wore either a pair of green pants or black pants with the suit that were then edited out in the final post-production. I don't recall which exactly but they do have a segment on it on the 'Making Of' special on the movie DVD.
Doing THAT with your own legs would be rather annoying, at least constantly for a costume. Perhaps if you were flexible enough, it would be nice for pictures If it were me, I'd go with a little creative interpretation here. Perhaps the rotting flesh and covering yourself in faked barb wire. Ooo, maybe in a nice tatters, stained and generally filthy looking version of his jaintor's outfit too.

Last edited by PepeluTivursky : 04-25-2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell today.
PepeluTivursky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
Irate Cosplay
proudly gheTTo

I knew he was the same guy, but I also knew he was a solo ballerina, so I figured he might actually be able to do that. xD I have a friend who could probably pull that pose off for a minute or so, but that's it. Me? No way. I think having the rotting flesh and barbed wire should cover it, even if I don't have my feet back. I was planning on getting a Janitor's outfit with 'Colin' on the nametag and tearing it to shreds, almost. ^^ The costume will be simple. It's all the effect. D=

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irate Cosplay View Post
I knew he was the same guy, but I also knew he was a solo ballerina, so I figured he might actually be able to do that. xD I have a friend who could probably pull that pose off for a minute or so, but that's it. Me? No way. I think having the rotting flesh and barbed wire should cover it, even if I don't have my feet back. I was planning on getting a Janitor's outfit with 'Colin' on the nametag and tearing it to shreds, almost. ^^ The costume will be simple. It's all the effect. D=
It definitely is! You may want to ask more questions in the makeup forum about things like the flesh and such. I know I've seen some good examples of SH nurses in there before! Just do a search and you ought to pop up some tips
I'd love to see it once you've got it finished. One day I'll get around to a dark Alessa too. XD
Unread 04-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
Irate Cosplay
proudly gheTTo

If you do Alessa, I'll have to be there to cling to your leg. x3 I got some really good advice in the makeup board that I'm going to try. I'm hoping to have it done in time for December and my favorite small con. It'll be really, really cold though. oo;

PLANNED COSPLAYS