Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Unread 04-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #1
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.

Cosplay Court Case at Connecticon

Cosplay Court Case is scheduled for Friday from 8 to 10pm!!! (This can always change but that's the schedule currently.) There will be time for two different court cases. Each case is about an hour so if you can't come for the whole time there will be hour blocks. : )

Cosplay Court Case debuted at Connecticon last year and was held succesfully at Anime Boston this year. The conception is as follows. Cosplayers act out the roles of the characters they are cosplaying as a character(s) are put on trial for various crimes. Other cosplayers take on the roles of the prosecution, defense, judge, baliff, and witnesses. For the most part the event is all improv and tries to involve as many people as possible.

There are generally no sign ups, since 1.) it's not a main event 2.) it has no definitive timeslot so people wouldn't know what they're committing to, and 3.) many convention attendees do not visit the forums. However, expressing interest, suggestions, et cetera, does help the event get going and if I have an idea of who may be going and what they might want to do, it might move things along. However, I am recruiting judges beforehand if at all possible. To be a judge one needs to meet the following requirements 1.) Be in cosplay. 2. ) Be at the Court Case 3.) Be willing to learn how the event is run so they can keep the court in order once the case itself begins. If anyone is interested in being a judge please let me know. I'll be seeing who is interested up until around early July.

Regarding Phoenix Wright I know that there are many people who would like to see characters from the game in the Court Case. I am not opposed to the idea, however 1.), there needs to be cosplayers from the game actually at the event, and
2.) Both previous court cases have worked without Phoenix Wright, and the event is meant to be open to everyone, so if things fall into place sure we can have a case like that, but there are plenty of cosplayers with other characters that have done an exemplary job in their roles and I would not exclude them. The case can be hilarious either way.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by tmchiba : 06-30-2007 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Additional information.
tmchiba is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Mucai
Magical Girl

I haven't seen you for ages... you never go to the SM forums anymore...

What's this Phoenix Wright? I've never heard of it.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
Jekka
such a friggin uke

This sounds like a wicked good time, and I've always wanted to try to get in on one of these at a con but I've always been too busy on staff or such. I should have the time at CTCon, though -- count me in. Not sure who I'll be cosplaying that day, either Ed Elric, Allen Walker, or maybe Cardcaptor Sakura...
Unread 05-15-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
LadyHawke78
Open Your Eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekka View Post
This sounds like a wicked good time, and I've always wanted to try to get in on one of these at a con but I've always been too busy on staff or such. I should have the time at CTCon, though -- count me in. Not sure who I'll be cosplaying that day, either Ed Elric, Allen Walker, or maybe Cardcaptor Sakura...
D00d... you don't cosplay CCS, silly! She's a GIRL!! XD

Anyhoo, if you want to do the court case as Ed, maybe I can convince some of the peeps who are in the Masquerade skit with me to help you out. We have a Roy and a Hughes... putting Roy on the stand for Harassment of Shorties (or is that "Shortie Discrimination?") would be hilarious.

Then again, there IS always the possibility of Tsukasa sueing CC Corp for making a faulty game that caused him to go into a coma...

FWIW, Phoenix Wright would be tons of WIN.

Anime Boston 2011 Guest Relations Division
Green Room Staff

"You know what gets me really hot? Ten thousand tons of molten steel and jet fuel. And soccer."
LadyHawke78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
Jekka
such a friggin uke

XD Oh crap, good point. Tsukasa's pretty upset about that in his own passive way, but it'd be hard to put a "CC Corp" on stand.. I think this sort of thing is better when it's "the people versus..."
Unread 05-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #6
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.

Just an update, while I am leaving most of the roles open ended up right up until the con, I am trying to line up some judges prior to the event. More details in the first post, but if anyone is interested let me know.
Unread 05-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #7
SillyLilNeko
Free hugs! C:

I would definitly like to join. I will be cosplaying as Dizzy from guilty gear and Allen walker (kid) from D.gray-Man. I love Phoenix Wright. ;D

Tira - Soul Calibure 4
SillyLilNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #8
Zepka's_Hollow
The other side of light

can you imagine if i brought my tobi....my god the list of things he could have filed agaisnt the akatsuki....

abuse
Harassment
intent to commit a crime
GTB - grand theft Biiju
intnet to commit homicide
1st,2nd, and possibly third degree murder

and the list goes on and on and on and on and on..etc. etc..
Anime Boston 10
Connecticon 10
Otakon 10

Roronoa Zoro-One Piece-Multiple versions
Yoshimitsu-Soulcalibur (3 or 4)
Mifune-Soul Eater
Megatron-Transformers G1
----------------------------------------------------
Nakama means family. Family means no one gets left behind.
Zepka's_Hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 01:50 AM   #9
Bree The V.
Cosplayer Extraordinaire

Ooh, I know that game! I didn't play it, but I know it has to do with court and screaming OBJECTION!

I'm in if you need anything, I could be a judge whatever. =3 I'm being Edward from Cowboy Bebop, so contact me if you'd like me to do something. XD

*desperate*
Bree The V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.

We can use anyone who is interested. The Cosplay Court Case is currently scheduled for Friday at 8-10pm. That will give time for there to be two cases at least. Any questions please let me know. People don't have to attend for the full two hours, but it gives them flexibility. Come at 8 stay till 9 or come at 9 stay till 10, or whatever! ^_^
Unread 07-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #11
Dagger
Oooh, soft.

I'm still disappointed I missed it last year, so I'll try to make it this time, at least to watch. ^_^ On Friday I'll either be Momo Hinamori from Bleach or Sakura Haruno from Naruto Shippuuden... dunno if either of those characters would work for anything.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #12
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
I'm still disappointed I missed it last year, so I'll try to make it this time, at least to watch. ^_^ On Friday I'll either be Momo Hinamori from Bleach or Sakura Haruno from Naruto Shippuuden... dunno if either of those characters would work for anything.
Cons are crazy, it happens, but hopefully ya can make it. ^_^ We find a way to try to include anyone who's interested. ^_^

(Of course at AB they tried and executed Sakura so who knows hehehe) but yeah ^_^

The more the merrier.
Unread 07-03-2007, 02:40 AM   #13
Scoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepka's_Hollow View Post
can you imagine if i brought my tobi....my god the list of things he could have filed agaisnt the akatsuki....

abuse
Harassment
intent to commit a crime
GTB - grand theft Biiju
intnet to commit homicide
1st,2nd, and possibly third degree murder

and the list goes on and on and on and on and on..etc. etc..
Tobi's alibi is that he's a good boy.
Scoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 12:50 AM   #14
EvilBob
Harbinger Of 12-Packs

I had no idea this was an all improv event....I'll totally be there in my Itachi gear. This sounds like an awesome time!
EvilBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #15
cealjlapointe
wolfblood11

my friend cat did this at Port COn this yr she told me about it she was edward elric...i might come to this if i have nothing else to do i will be dressed as noah from the fma movie aka funeral white dress

EQUESTRIAN COSPLAYER 4 LIFE

cealjlapointe is offline   Reply With Quote