Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-28-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
babyoriginell3

Shopping for Loltitas costumes

Hi, I'm from Toronto, Canada and is planning to go to Tokyo in the summer. I was wonderin if you guys know any specific stores where I can get Lolitas costumes in Tokyo. Please let me know. Thanks! Sorry, I spelt lolitas wrong for the title of this thread >.<

Last edited by babyoriginell3 : 04-28-2007 at 12:26 PM.
babyoriginell3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
Dokudel
Doky Doky

Lolita style is not a type of costumes its a type of clothing. But besides that do some goggle searching. Stores that sell such clothing... h. naoto, metamorphose, baby the stars shine bright, etc... If you goggle those stores they will give you a map and location on where its located in Japan. I believe its near Tokyo those stores but not sure. ^_^;;

Interested in a costume? Message me for commissions!
~*Conventions for 2013*~
MAGFest, Setsucon, Katsucon, SpringFEST NY, Castle Point Anime, D.C. Sakura Matsuri, N.Y.C. Sakura Matsuri, Steam Punk Worlds Fair, Animazement, Otakon, AAC, AnimeUSA, and TAKII.
Dokudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
KimaLucifer
Fantasista

I`m getting huffy because LOLITA IS NOT A COSTUME DDD: It`s a FASHION not a COSTUME D:

getting that out of my system, Shinjuku has OIONE and Harajuku has Laforet for your Brand needs. If you want to stick to cheap non-brands, Harajuku`s Takeshita Do-ri has a couple of mini-stores.
KimaLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 12:56 AM   #4
nightko
↓ ↘ → + P

Hey, I am in Toronto Canada too. Planning to go to Japan this summer as well.

Anyway, I've been to Shinjuku 0101, like already said above, nice to look at them but price is too expensive. (Good to pick up some catalog if they have them) I'll say go to the mini stores if you want to buy.
Unread 05-12-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
piinku

I'm from Canada but am from the Maritimes - been to CN Anime and Anime North a few times, maybe I've seen you?

I live in Japan at the moment but am further north, so only get to Tokyo every now and then. If you're just visiting and don't have much time and aren't used to the area, I'd say the simplest way to find a good store that sells Lolita clothing is to hit up Harajuku. I had a Lonely Planet book that a friend lent me, but it was crap (outdated, yes, but their description of the Comiket section was so terrible it was funny). I used Wikipedia to look up places to go and how to get there. There's a famous street in Harajuku called Takeshita-dori (dori=street), and the entrance is right outside one of the exits of Harajuku eki (station). (Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeshita_Street) There's a really cool Lolita-type clothing store that sells accessories and full 'outfits', just walk down the main street and it's on the second floor, with a stair case leading up. Does anyone who frequents Harajuku know what I'm talking about? I found they weren't very tourist/non-Japanese friendly, which is definitly understandable, considering when I went in there there were two different groups of of tourists taking pictures with no intentions to buy anything and probably interfering with the actual customers. But I was only there once so can't really judge, just thought I'd mention it so you can keep that in mind since you will actually want to buy something.

Like I said, I'm further north and have only been to Tokyo a few times, if anyone more familiar with Tokyo wants to disagree with me, go ahead ^.^

Send me a PM if you want any more ideas/advice, I'm a terrible procrastinator and never plan my trips properly so am all about easy/simple things to do. Maybe you can give me some advice on where to go for my trip to Toronto this year, I can't go to AN but an including Fan Expo in my visit home in August.

Good luck!!!
Unread 05-15-2007, 06:29 AM   #6
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

You already got a good chunk of info from the people above, so I'll keep my response short (^^) A) As others said, Lolita is a fashion, not a costume. and B) If you want to try and get some semi-discounted Lolita wear, look up Closet Child. It's a store in Shinjuku I believe... there or Harajuku. (I mix up what stores are in which districts ^^;; ). Good luck, and have fun. (I plan on leaving for Japan in early August. If I don't get into the college, then I'll be staying for a month in July).

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 02:44 AM   #7
aoisakura
=^._.^=

Closet Child is in Harajuku on Takeshita dori, I went there myself it's quite nice there, there's another loli shop above it and they were quite nice too. There's also 2nd hand loli shops around that area on that road so thats worth a look too for cheaper brand loli stuffs
Unread 05-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #8
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

^Thank you for confirming. Oh, really? I didn't know there were any other 2nd hand loli stores.. I'll have to look them up. (Or at least ask my friend about them, haha). Thank you for the information.

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
Unread 05-20-2007, 10:49 PM   #9
Mudkip

Actually, I believe there are three branches of Closet Child in Tokyo: in Harajuku, Shinjuku and Ikebukuro.
Mudkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2007, 04:28 AM   #10
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

^Really? ...again (haha). I thought there was only one Closet Child... once again I'll have to look that up. Thank you for the information~

Tumblr

Unread 05-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #11
babyoriginell3

thx for the info and sorry that i confused it with costume
babyoriginell3 is offline   Reply With Quote