Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
trainer_kelly

Events You're Looking Forward To This Year?

What events are you looking forward to this year? Events you're going to be in?

I'm looking forward to the masquarade...but that's because my friends and I are in it. XD;;

I might join the AMV contest...if I have an awesome AMV that I made. ._.;
trainer_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Gale
All the world's a stage

Cosplay Musical, Masq., and Cosplay Chess. Can't wait for it all. The musical is going to be AWESOME this year. You all should come see it.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
trainer_kelly

What is the cosplay musical? XD; And does it go on every year? O_o
Unread 04-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Gale
All the world's a stage

The first one was last year in '06. We put it together in A MONTH and it was craptacular. As in it was awesome, but obviously scrapped together in a short time with minimal resources (our sound system was a CD player that skipped every time someone stepped too heavily, so I had to hold it up in the air the whole show >_>)

This year we've got a full, scripted musical play in progress. There will be a few dozen characters and about 20 songs. Also, acutally, we're currently looking for a tech crew, so if you're interested in helping out, I can put you in touch with the directors so they can tell you what they need.

Unread 04-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
narutarded4ever

oh thank god its scripted! im sorry but last year i walked out on it with about dozens of other ppl. It wasnt that great.
narutarded4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
trainer_kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
The first one was last year in '06. We put it together in A MONTH and it was craptacular. As in it was awesome, but obviously scrapped together in a short time with minimal resources (our sound system was a CD player that skipped every time someone stepped too heavily, so I had to hold it up in the air the whole show >_>)

This year we've got a full, scripted musical play in progress. There will be a few dozen characters and about 20 songs. Also, acutally, we're currently looking for a tech crew, so if you're interested in helping out, I can put you in touch with the directors so they can tell you what they need.
XDD That sounds interesting. I'll probably drag my friends to go see it.

I know some people who might want to be part of the tech crew. =3 I can ask them tomorrow.
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #7
PatrickD
As seen in Dramacon vol 2

I'm looking forward to hosting Anime Unscripted.
Use AnimeCons.com and the AnimeCons.com Forums to find anime cons near you!
PatrickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #8
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickD View Post
I'm looking forward to hosting Anime Unscripted.
Heh if this amount of event crossover between AB and CTCon continues, they'll only need to print on program guide. Save some trees. hahah But that's a cool addition to the lineup (Was it done last year? I forgot...AB2007 and CTCON 06 are blurring in my head.)

AB and CTCon are my two faves. Love it. ^_^

Last edited by tmchiba : 05-01-2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: The Kraken!!!! (Clarifying point.)
tmchiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #9
Gale
All the world's a stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutarded4ever View Post
oh thank god its scripted! im sorry but last year i walked out on it with about dozens of other ppl. It wasnt that great.
except for the hots' banter it was "scripted" last year...it just was a variety show more than a story...besides, we put it together in like a month.

Unread 04-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #10
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

My underground sources tell me that the game room has a 64% chance of being epic.

I will be judging.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #11
PatrickD
As seen in Dramacon vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmchiba View Post
Heh if this amount of event crossover between AB and CTCon continues, they'll only need to print on program guide. Save some trees. hahah But that's a cool addition to the lineup (Was it done last year? I forgot...AB2007 and CTCON 06 are blurring in my head.)

AB and CTCon are my two faves. Love it. ^_^
Last year...? Sit back my son, let me tell you a story...

So at PortConMaine, I was talking with Brian Wilson who, as I understand it, was handling events for ConnectiCon. He asked if I wanted to run four game shows because someone else had cancelled...or something. (I may be mis-remembering...) Anyway, I told him that since the con was in a week (or was it 2?) that there was no way I'd be able to have that many game shows ready in time, but I could run "Whose Line is it Anime?".

Anyway, I don't recall hearing back one way or the other. Just in case, I brought my Whose Line supplies to ConnectiCon...props, buzzers, and all. I was ready to host the event if I needed to.

I checked the schedule and saw "Whose Line is it Anime?" scheduled for Friday evening. However, after also seeing "Whose Line is it Anime?" (as well as "Who's Line", "Whose Anime is it Anyway?", and other variations) on schedules at Anime USA, Metrocon, Anime Expo, and elsewhere, I've learned that it's not always me running that event under that name. Now, not knowing for sure if I was running that event or not, I asked a staff member I recognized to check for me. She said she would and I could check back later.

I checked back later, was told it wasn't me, someone else was running it, and I took the opportunity to go have some dinner with friends.

Later that night, I learned that the event didn't happen because nobody was there to run it! DOH!

As a direct result of this...as well as seeing "Whose Line" (and variations on that title) running at other conventions, I decided to rename the event for 2007. That's why it was known as "Anime Unscripted" at Anime Boston 2007. ...and since I'm the first person to use that name for the event, I can tell other conventions to stop using that name if they steal it. (I couldn't do that for Whose Line since it turned out someone else was using the name before I thought it up for Mikkakan 2001.)

Anyway, the whole story is online at http://animeunscripted.com/ I've run the game (under the Whose Line name) at a whole mess of other cons. ...and I just got an invite to run it at a Texan con in 2008! (Woot!)
Use AnimeCons.com and the AnimeCons.com Forums to find anime cons near you!
PatrickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #12
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.

Quote:
Last year...? Sit back my son, let me tell you a story...

So at PortConMaine, I was talking with Brian Wilson who, as I understand it, was handling events for ConnectiCon. He asked if I wanted to run four game shows because someone else had cancelled...or something. (I may be mis-remembering...) Anyway, I told him that since the con was in a week (or was it 2?) that there was no way I'd be able to have that many game shows ready in time, but I could run "Whose Line is it Anime?".

Anyway, I don't recall hearing back one way or the other. Just in case, I brought my Whose Line supplies to ConnectiCon...props, buzzers, and all. I was ready to host the event if I needed to.

I checked the schedule and saw "Whose Line is it Anime?" scheduled for Friday evening. However, after also seeing "Whose Line is it Anime?" (as well as "Who's Line", "Whose Anime is it Anyway?", and other variations) on schedules at Anime USA, Metrocon, Anime Expo, and elsewhere, I've learned that it's not always me running that event under that name. Now, not knowing for sure if I was running that event or not, I asked a staff member I recognized to check for me. She said she would and I could check back later.

I checked back later, was told it wasn't me, someone else was running it, and I took the opportunity to go have some dinner with friends.

Later that night, I learned that the event didn't happen because nobody was there to run it! DOH!

As a direct result of this...as well as seeing "Whose Line" (and variations on that title) running at other conventions, I decided to rename the event for 2007. That's why it was known as "Anime Unscripted" at Anime Boston 2007. ...and since I'm the first person to use that name for the event, I can tell other conventions to stop using that name if they steal it. (I couldn't do that for Whose Line since it turned out someone else was using the name before I thought it up for Mikkakan 2001.)

Anyway, the whole story is online at http://animeunscripted.com/ I've run the game (under the Whose Line name) at a whole mess of other cons. ...and I just got an invite to run it at a Texan con in 2008! (Woot!)
Oh wait..duh..yes I remember that story. *smack's head* Of course. That's what I get for posting late at night. Haha. Keep up the good work!
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #13
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

Haha I wanna do cosplay chess as Vincent, I can't wait!
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
LadyHawke78
Open Your Eyes...

Quote:
Haha! I remember that--! I remember you looking on the schedule when we got to the con and being all "WTF??!?" And I felt bad for you having to lug all of the crap to CT-con in your little car. Especially since you also had your BIG costumes with you for cosplay Chess.

FWIW, I'm looking forward to seeing the Anime Musical this year (since I missed it last year) AND participating in Cosplay Chess. I got my confirmation last week, but I'm still not sure what I'll be doing. It will be good times regardless of whether I'm onthe board OR a special attack. I had a blast doing Chess at AB '05.

Oh, yeah. And the little event called the "Masquerade." Yeah. Pretty much a given here. Not going to be in it. Not going to be emceeing it. AND NOT GOING TO BE RUNNING IT!! It will be nice to just WATCH a Masquerade for a change.

Anime Boston 2011 Guest Relations Division
Green Room Staff

"You know what gets me really hot? Ten thousand tons of molten steel and jet fuel. And soccer."

Last edited by LadyHawke78 : 05-02-2007 at 10:56 AM.
LadyHawke78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #15
Gale
All the world's a stage

Aggah, I wanna finish my costumes so I can enter them all in coschess! I could enter the two Yunas, but I want to wait until I can submit all 5 (maybe 6? I could submit Elena I suppose...). Actually, wait, let me rephrase...I want to START my costumes x_x

Darn you college schoolwork!!!