Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
trainer_kelly
Registered User
 
trainer_kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 293
Events You're Looking Forward To This Year?

What events are you looking forward to this year? Events you're going to be in?

I'm looking forward to the masquarade...but that's because my friends and I are in it. XD;;

I might join the AMV contest...if I have an awesome AMV that I made. ._.;
trainer_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Gale
All the world's a stage
 
Gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,561
Cosplay Musical, Masq., and Cosplay Chess. Can't wait for it all. The musical is going to be AWESOME this year. You all should come see it.
__________________
Website ~ Facebook ~ Blog

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
trainer_kelly
Registered User
 
trainer_kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 293
What is the cosplay musical? XD; And does it go on every year? O_o
trainer_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Gale
All the world's a stage
 
Gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,561
The first one was last year in '06. We put it together in A MONTH and it was craptacular. As in it was awesome, but obviously scrapped together in a short time with minimal resources (our sound system was a CD player that skipped every time someone stepped too heavily, so I had to hold it up in the air the whole show >_>)

This year we've got a full, scripted musical play in progress. There will be a few dozen characters and about 20 songs. Also, acutally, we're currently looking for a tech crew, so if you're interested in helping out, I can put you in touch with the directors so they can tell you what they need.
__________________
Website ~ Facebook ~ Blog

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
narutarded4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 148
oh thank god its scripted! im sorry but last year i walked out on it with about dozens of other ppl. It wasnt that great.
narutarded4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
trainer_kelly
Registered User
 
trainer_kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
The first one was last year in '06. We put it together in A MONTH and it was craptacular. As in it was awesome, but obviously scrapped together in a short time with minimal resources (our sound system was a CD player that skipped every time someone stepped too heavily, so I had to hold it up in the air the whole show >_>)

This year we've got a full, scripted musical play in progress. There will be a few dozen characters and about 20 songs. Also, acutally, we're currently looking for a tech crew, so if you're interested in helping out, I can put you in touch with the directors so they can tell you what they need.
XDD That sounds interesting. I'll probably drag my friends to go see it.

I know some people who might want to be part of the tech crew. =3 I can ask them tomorrow.
trainer_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #7
PatrickD
As seen in Dramacon vol 2
 
PatrickD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 796
I'm looking forward to hosting Anime Unscripted.
__________________
-PatrickD
Webmaster - AnimeCons.com, The Chibi Project, Anime Unscripted, CHiPs Online, & Trashformers
Podcasts - AnimeCons.com Podcast & The Chibi Project Podcast
Use AnimeCons.com and the AnimeCons.com Forums to find anime cons near you!
PatrickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #8
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickD View Post
I'm looking forward to hosting Anime Unscripted.
Heh if this amount of event crossover between AB and CTCon continues, they'll only need to print on program guide. Save some trees. hahah But that's a cool addition to the lineup (Was it done last year? I forgot...AB2007 and CTCON 06 are blurring in my head.)

AB and CTCon are my two faves. Love it. ^_^
__________________
*Signature Under Construction*

Last edited by tmchiba : 05-01-2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: The Kraken!!!! (Clarifying point.)
tmchiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #9
Gale
All the world's a stage
 
Gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutarded4ever View Post
oh thank god its scripted! im sorry but last year i walked out on it with about dozens of other ppl. It wasnt that great.
except for the hots' banter it was "scripted" last year...it just was a variety show more than a story...besides, we put it together in like a month.
__________________
Website ~ Facebook ~ Blog

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #10
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool
 
Mesoian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,137
My underground sources tell me that the game room has a 64% chance of being epic.

I will be judging.
__________________
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #11
PatrickD
As seen in Dramacon vol 2
 
PatrickD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmchiba View Post
Heh if this amount of event crossover between AB and CTCon continues, they'll only need to print on program guide. Save some trees. hahah But that's a cool addition to the lineup (Was it done last year? I forgot...AB2007 and CTCON 06 are blurring in my head.)

AB and CTCon are my two faves. Love it. ^_^
Last year...? Sit back my son, let me tell you a story...

So at PortConMaine, I was talking with Brian Wilson who, as I understand it, was handling events for ConnectiCon. He asked if I wanted to run four game shows because someone else had cancelled...or something. (I may be mis-remembering...) Anyway, I told him that since the con was in a week (or was it 2?) that there was no way I'd be able to have that many game shows ready in time, but I could run "Whose Line is it Anime?".

Anyway, I don't recall hearing back one way or the other. Just in case, I brought my Whose Line supplies to ConnectiCon...props, buzzers, and all. I was ready to host the event if I needed to.

I checked the schedule and saw "Whose Line is it Anime?" scheduled for Friday evening. However, after also seeing "Whose Line is it Anime?" (as well as "Who's Line", "Whose Anime is it Anyway?", and other variations) on schedules at Anime USA, Metrocon, Anime Expo, and elsewhere, I've learned that it's not always me running that event under that name. Now, not knowing for sure if I was running that event or not, I asked a staff member I recognized to check for me. She said she would and I could check back later.

I checked back later, was told it wasn't me, someone else was running it, and I took the opportunity to go have some dinner with friends.

Later that night, I learned that the event didn't happen because nobody was there to run it! DOH!

As a direct result of this...as well as seeing "Whose Line" (and variations on that title) running at other conventions, I decided to rename the event for 2007. That's why it was known as "Anime Unscripted" at Anime Boston 2007. ...and since I'm the first person to use that name for the event, I can tell other conventions to stop using that name if they steal it. (I couldn't do that for Whose Line since it turned out someone else was using the name before I thought it up for Mikkakan 2001.)

Anyway, the whole story is online at http://animeunscripted.com/ I've run the game (under the Whose Line name) at a whole mess of other cons. ...and I just got an invite to run it at a Texan con in 2008! (Woot!)
__________________
-PatrickD
Webmaster - AnimeCons.com, The Chibi Project, Anime Unscripted, CHiPs Online, & Trashformers
Podcasts - AnimeCons.com Podcast & The Chibi Project Podcast
Use AnimeCons.com and the AnimeCons.com Forums to find anime cons near you!
PatrickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #12
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickD View Post
Last year...? Sit back my son, let me tell you a story...

So at PortConMaine, I was talking with Brian Wilson who, as I understand it, was handling events for ConnectiCon. He asked if I wanted to run four game shows because someone else had cancelled...or something. (I may be mis-remembering...) Anyway, I told him that since the con was in a week (or was it 2?) that there was no way I'd be able to have that many game shows ready in time, but I could run "Whose Line is it Anime?".

Anyway, I don't recall hearing back one way or the other. Just in case, I brought my Whose Line supplies to ConnectiCon...props, buzzers, and all. I was ready to host the event if I needed to.

I checked the schedule and saw "Whose Line is it Anime?" scheduled for Friday evening. However, after also seeing "Whose Line is it Anime?" (as well as "Who's Line", "Whose Anime is it Anyway?", and other variations) on schedules at Anime USA, Metrocon, Anime Expo, and elsewhere, I've learned that it's not always me running that event under that name. Now, not knowing for sure if I was running that event or not, I asked a staff member I recognized to check for me. She said she would and I could check back later.

I checked back later, was told it wasn't me, someone else was running it, and I took the opportunity to go have some dinner with friends.

Later that night, I learned that the event didn't happen because nobody was there to run it! DOH!

As a direct result of this...as well as seeing "Whose Line" (and variations on that title) running at other conventions, I decided to rename the event for 2007. That's why it was known as "Anime Unscripted" at Anime Boston 2007. ...and since I'm the first person to use that name for the event, I can tell other conventions to stop using that name if they steal it. (I couldn't do that for Whose Line since it turned out someone else was using the name before I thought it up for Mikkakan 2001.)

Anyway, the whole story is online at http://animeunscripted.com/ I've run the game (under the Whose Line name) at a whole mess of other cons. ...and I just got an invite to run it at a Texan con in 2008! (Woot!)
Oh wait..duh..yes I remember that story. *smack's head* Of course. That's what I get for posting late at night. Haha. Keep up the good work!
__________________
*Signature Under Construction*
tmchiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #13
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine
 
Yuki Eiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 874
Haha I wanna do cosplay chess as Vincent, I can't wait!
__________________
JOIN AVALANCHE!
Yuki Eiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
LadyHawke78
Open Your Eyes...
 
LadyHawke78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickD View Post
Anyway, I don't recall hearing back one way or the other. Just in case, I brought my Whose Line supplies to ConnectiCon...props, buzzers, and all. I was ready to host the event if I needed to.
Haha! I remember that--! I remember you looking on the schedule when we got to the con and being all "WTF??!?" And I felt bad for you having to lug all of the crap to CT-con in your little car. Especially since you also had your BIG costumes with you for cosplay Chess.

FWIW, I'm looking forward to seeing the Anime Musical this year (since I missed it last year) AND participating in Cosplay Chess. I got my confirmation last week, but I'm still not sure what I'll be doing. It will be good times regardless of whether I'm onthe board OR a special attack. I had a blast doing Chess at AB '05.

Oh, yeah. And the little event called the "Masquerade." Yeah. Pretty much a given here. Not going to be in it. Not going to be emceeing it. AND NOT GOING TO BE RUNNING IT!! It will be nice to just WATCH a Masquerade for a change.
__________________
I REPRESENT THE CoP:
"We are the people our parents warned us about." -- Jimmy Buffett

Anime Boston 2011 Guest Relations Division
Green Room Staff


"You know what gets me really hot? Ten thousand tons of molten steel and jet fuel. And soccer."

Last edited by LadyHawke78 : 05-02-2007 at 10:56 AM.
LadyHawke78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #15
Gale
All the world's a stage
 
Gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,561
Aggah, I wanna finish my costumes so I can enter them all in coschess! I could enter the two Yunas, but I want to wait until I can submit all 5 (maybe 6? I could submit Elena I suppose...). Actually, wait, let me rephrase...I want to START my costumes x_x

Darn you college schoolwork!!!
__________________
Website ~ Facebook ~ Blog

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.