Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 05-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
Mass

Dark brown to white

Didnt wana bother to look through old threads so i decided to just ask. i have very dark brown hair and the white wig i have (Toushiro) doesnt cover my whole head so you can see my sideburns and a bit at the back. i wanted to know if you can dye dark brown hair white. i know if u bleach ur hair its suppose to turn white but wouldnt that mean i couldnt wash it out right?
Im a guy and have no idea when it comes to dyeing hair... i bought a cheap white party hair spray but its completely useless. Any suggestions?

Unread 05-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

You could use some spray on color or a liquid hair color like the ones on this page to fill in the areas not covered by the wig. I personally think the liquid one would be easier, especially for that extreme of a color change.
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

I agree with WoggyWooWoo. I've seen a couple people use silver stuff that's similar to that with their Loz cosplays, and it blends pretty well when used properly.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

buy temple white. that's a liquid that can be applied to your own hair (with a paintbrush or toothbrush) to make it look greyish or whitish and will wash out easily. it's not as messy as hair spray. kryolan makes this stuff, so you'll get it at a store (online or offline) that sells theatrical makeup and special effects makeup.

the best result starts with a good wig though. for the future, try to find a wig that's your size (actually, it really helps to just pull down the wig with force and wear a wig cap so you can keep your own hair covered and thoroughly pin the wig to the cap with hairpins or bobby pins.) plus, if you know you're having a problem with your own hair showing, try to style the wig in a way so it covers your hairline - don't cut it quite as short, and leave some loose strands in the back of your neck and on your temples that hang down over you own hairline.
Kukkii-san is offline   Reply With Quote