Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #1
Aquastorm
Covert Yaoi fanboi

Looking for cheap affordable contact lenses.

I'm sorry if this has been extensively covered, but I have tried my best to find information on his before I posted this thread. Apologies if this is also the wrong area for this thread.

I am looking for a affordable and reliable source for SFX contact lenses. To be exact, I am looking for one the Sharingan lens, from Naruto. I understand that 9mmsfx is one of the sites I am going to be recommended, but to be honest, I do not have the money to buy from there. If anybody has good suggestions on where I can buy affordable and reliable Sharingan SFX contact lenses, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aqua
Aquastorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
sacredtrainer

well i'm not sure if this will help much but before i need a product i always give it a good search on google.anyways i'm also going to have a sharingan cosplay but i'm going to borrow it from my friend (but i'm pretty sure he was lying to me when he say'd he had them).anyway good luck.^_^
sacredtrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
D-holla-J
Melodious Nocturne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredtrainer View Post
well i'm not sure if this will help much but before i need a product i always give it a good search on google.anyways i'm also going to have a sharingan cosplay but i'm going to borrow it from my friend (but i'm pretty sure he was lying to me when he say'd he had them).anyway good luck.^_^
If you're talking about borrowing contact lenses from a friend (can't really tell if you mean the costume or the contacts only) then I would HIGHLY recommend against it. Wearing someone else's contact lenses are a good way to get an eye infection and possibly end up blind.

Of course, if you were talking about just the costume, or if the contacts are brand new and he won't wear them after you do, feel free to disregard what I said.

In Progress:
Draenei Mage - World of Warcraft - 95% Completed
Fai D. Flowrite - Tsubasa - 70% Completed

D-holla-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Frozendice

I was about to say something like, well you can't be cheap with something that you put in your eyes, if it's manufactured by somewhere in china without regard to your safety then that would just be dangerous, but $200 for a pair of theatrical contacts? I was thinking $100! I mean regular contacts are like $50 for a daily pair. But 200?! WOAH! There must be somewhere that can do it for cheaper, and safely.
Frozendice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

http://www.bewild.com/toinwrcocole.html I’m sorry to say this is the cheapest you can get them at. Since they are a specialty item they are made in small quantities which increases the price. Standard red contacts are a lot more popular so they can be made at reasonable price.

Costume-Con 32
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 03:26 AM   #6
MysCy
Arrancar holes = love

http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com/

(for the Sharingan ones they are under 'crazy contacts' listed as Itachi's eyes. they are about $50 american)

I'm not sure about the quality of these because I haven't bought any off of them yet so...yeah...the site was linked to by someone from the Naruto thread on the anime and manga costume discussion sub-board so you should go over there and ask more questions if your curious.

Last edited by MysCy : 05-07-2007 at 03:28 AM.
MysCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #7
Aquastorm
Covert Yaoi fanboi

Thanks, I'll go look them up.

Btw, anyone heard from here?
http://www.sfxeyes.com/onlinestore/d...ACHI&storeid=1

They look okay, but if anyone has first hand experience from this site, it would help.

Regards,
Aqua
Unread 05-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

*smacks self in the head* I completely forgot about those ones, they are safe but they where discontinued on some web sites because they where so cheap that Teens would buy them and swap them with there friend (which is a BIG nono!) you just saved me lol

Costume-Con 32
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan
Unread 05-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
Annie-Mei

http://www.9mmsfx.com - the best sharingan contacts ever made.
Annie-Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #10
zeldasphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysCy View Post
http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com/

(for the Sharingan ones they are under 'crazy contacts' listed as Itachi's eyes. they are about $50 american)

I'm not sure about the quality of these because I haven't bought any off of them yet so...yeah...the site was linked to by someone from the Naruto thread on the anime and manga costume discussion sub-board so you should go over there and ask more questions if your curious.
Wow, these are super cheap contacts! Hmm, I sort of have a question for all of you... These contacts don't mess with your vision right? ... I'm actually thinking about buying a pair of vampire eyes from that fashion-contactlenses.com store sometime in the next couple of weeks. But anyways... This is my first time getting contacts o.O so... er... are they comfortable at all? Comfortable as in... Blinking my eyes like crazee?
Unread 05-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #11
Kiri Akurei
:B

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasphere View Post
Wow, these are super cheap contacts! Hmm, I sort of have a question for all of you... These contacts don't mess with your vision right? ... I'm actually thinking about buying a pair of vampire eyes from that fashion-contactlenses.com store sometime in the next couple of weeks. But anyways... This is my first time getting contacts o.O so... er... are they comfortable at all? Comfortable as in... Blinking my eyes like crazee?
Well, I too want those and I think I read on the site that those lenses don't affect your vision at all.

And as for putting them in... I have lenses like them (but yellow) and I am having the hardest time getting them in. But some people are helping me on the board made about it, so feel free to go there and ask about it, since the people there have worn them. Who knows, maybe it can help you prepare for wearing them too. :3 And if I am able to get them in next time I try (tomorrow) I'll be sure to let you know how it feels.

COSPLAYS FOR ANIMAZEMENT 2012
stuff
Kiri Akurei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #12
zeldasphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiri Akurei View Post
Well, I too want those and I think I read on the site that those lenses don't affect your vision at all.

And as for putting them in... I have lenses like them (but yellow) and I am having the hardest time getting them in. But some people are helping me on the board made about it, so feel free to go there and ask about it, since the people there have worn them. Who knows, maybe it can help you prepare for wearing them too. :3 And if I am able to get them in next time I try (tomorrow) I'll be sure to let you know how it feels.
Alrighty, ^^; thanks a bunch! Heh... I really want their lenses now considering how cheap they are. I'll be sure to ask around. Thanks again!
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #13
Aquastorm
Covert Yaoi fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Mei View Post
http://www.9mmsfx.com - the best sharingan contacts ever made.
If you would like to finance me, I would gladly contact you for help.
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #14
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

I THINK I LOVE YOU GUYS. I'll most likely be ordering a piar of these over the summer!!!
(As soon as they answer my email about some sizing specifics >.>)

~Ari-chan
Unread 05-08-2007, 01:05 AM   #15
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

Um can you share there email address with me I can’t seem to get that page to show properly Phantom.

Costume-Con 32
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale