Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 05-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
Fenix_tamer1
Ruthless X

this is an extremelllyyyyy late reply but....

when ever there is a major convention in the city u shuld hold a cosplay ball a couple days after it finishes so then everyone that lives outta brisbane can cum in time for it and for the convention

if ur happy with this idea u shuld consider it.
Fenix_tamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2008, 05:57 AM   #17
Danacyrus

QLD has deserted this idea for now haven't they.

Well anyway, if it ever goes ahead, i would be happy to help organise it any way i can. (Except in the monetary way cause im poor )
Danacyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #18
black shinigami

Yus! If this ever happens I'll fly up to Brissy just for the ball! They were originally going to hold a masquerade ball in sydney too, but I think that got cancelled too.
black shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #19
AnnaCleo
It was ME! ohoho

wow,

how do you do a ball??!!?? (sorry, im new to all of this! ^^)
AnnaCleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 02:11 AM   #20
Fenix_tamer1
Ruthless X

i think you just come dressed up in ur cosplay gear and learn to dance. lol, easy enuff aye? or was it going to be more formal? lol
Fenix_tamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #21
Yuki_kurosu
Baka~

a cosplay ball would be so cool to go to!. but do you have to do "actual" dancing. like the waltz and everything? [eek!]
Yuki_kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #22
Danacyrus

I'm currently finding it hilarious that people don't organise one. I am young and I have no fancy pants qualifications but I have enough information that minus the registration (or lack of) and funding I could have an Anime Ball up and running in less then a month.
I myself have looked into running one, to the point of having quotes, figures, license information, venue, and lots more organisation out the wazoo!

But I want to know a few things...
1. What do people want to see at a Anime Ball? What do you imagine should be there?
2. How much would you be willing to pay for entry (includes, entry, food, drinks, prizes etc...)
3. What do you think the turn out would be like in Brisbane?

And anything else that you want to say?

Thanks All.
Unread 04-13-2009, 05:02 AM   #23
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Oh man... I'm old, and I do have fancy pants qualifications... but because I'm so old, I'm too damned lazy to do anything other than answer your questions! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danacyrus View Post
1. What do people want to see at a Anime Ball? What do you imagine should be there?
As a Ball, there really doesn't have to be anything other than food and music. I suppose you could have a costume competition, if you needed to centre it around an event?
It'd be a pain acquiring permissions to play any anime for screenings... so yeah, I'd just run it like a big party.
Have you thought about having a theme for it?

Quote:
2. How much would you be willing to pay for entry (includes, entry, food, drinks, prizes etc...)
For something that offers a meal, I think $30~$40 would be totally acceptable. But then again, a lot of Brisbane cosplayers are still in school, so cheap as possible is good!

Quote:
3. What do you think the turn out would be like in Brisbane?
ADVERTISE!!! Get a website, and spam every Australian con/cosplay forum around; print flyers and posters, and get them into every comic/geek shop around the place. Get the word out, and get people excited - otherwise you're just going to have all the regulars show up... like me.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #24
Danacyrus

What's wrong with Regulars? I'm getting towards regular status slowly XD
Unread 06-01-2009, 02:03 AM   #25
Emiko-Sakura
Raven

I know that this idea was considered quite a few times by various cosplayers in Brisbane. At the moment its all still speculation, As much as we would love to hold one it requires a lot of planning a lot of money and a lot of time.

I might be able to pull a few strings in a year or so but at the moment i have neither money nor time XD

Be assured though this is a very in demand item that will hopefully get done within the next couple of years ^^
Emiko-Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #26
e3Studios
Is this the right button?

Not that I'm really intentionally wanting to Necro. But this happened in the UK in 09.

http://grandcosplayball.com/

I'm in Brisbane. And I'm getting one of those rare surges of OMFGWTFIMGONNAORGANISETHIS.

I'm going to discuss this on fb, dA and here.

Let's discuss.

@Melanie, I like the way you think and if this message isn't totally out of place, forgotten or ignored completely, I'd like to seriously discuss this with you guys.
e3Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #27
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Hey wow... I'd forgotten about this thread! XD

Okay, yes, let's discuss! And let's hope that something actually comes of the discussion this time!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #28
Emiko-Sakura
Raven

LOL I think we had all forgotten about this xD
Emiko-Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:04 AM   #29
Sanctuary
Sensai Kitten

why not 'Ballroom Le Grand' its right in the heart of brissy and it can fit quite a lot of people you have a choice of 3 ballrooms plus i think they can all be opened into one big one (my guess), but yeah this sounds like a great idea and if you can get advertisment for it im sure you will get alot of people interested ^_^ hope that helps
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:07 AM   #30
Sanctuary
Sensai Kitten

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
why not 'Ballroom Le Grand' its right in the heart of brissy and it can fit quite a lot of people you have a choice of 3 ballrooms plus i think they can all be opened into one big one (my guess), but yeah this sounds like a great idea and if you can get advertisment for it im sure you will get alot of people interested ^_^ hope that helps
i looked into it a bit more and found out they can cater up to 1200 guests lol you could make it more popular and an even bigger event than the manifest ball