Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-20-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

Unhappy Girl going as Vash the Stampede- Need help

I am a girl going to a convention at the end of May and I am goiing as Vash the Stampede from Trigun. I am intending to crossplay and I need some help. What do I do with my hair? It's long and brown. I also need help in the other areas too so any advice would be appriciated.

Sundance Kid

P.S.
A picture of Vash is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trigun%20004.jpg (39.5 KB, 27 views)
Through the travail of ages, amidst the pomp and toils of war, I have fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars. As if through a glass and darkly, the age-old strife I see...I have fought in many guises, in many names, but always me...-General George S. Patton

VASH, SPIKE, AND HATSUHARU ARE MINE!!!!! *among other various hotties*
Sundance Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #2
Hotaru
1, 2, Django

well, since i doubt you want to cut and dye your hair, i'd suggest looking for a wig. even if you can't find a short blond wig, you can get a long one, and cut and style it. as for what to do with your hair, get a wig cap thing. what my sister does is braid her hair into two pig tails and then wrap them around her head, and use a clip or something to attach them to the top of her head. but she had a big ryo-ohki headress. i'm sure there are better suggestions at the cosplay newbie section.
Hotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

hmm, i've found the best way to put my hair up prior to putting on my wigs is to get two smooth barrettes(they need to have some sort of plastic covering so they don't pierce your wig cap. the ones that have a squeeze release(they hold more than the traditional thin barrettes, usually used for girls hair clips) and the metal toothed hairbands(can be found in joann's for a buck) and a sh*tload of bobby pins. i first put the hairband on cuz it keeps my hair outta my face and has a tight hold, i then put my hair into two low pigtails, now i take the barrettes and use each one to secure each pigtail. now here's the trick you need to put the barettes upside down. that is to have the plastic covering against your neck and the metal bottom facing away from you head. next take a pigtail and pull it up against your head and basically swirl your flat piece of hair around the side of your head. a good way to describe it... your trying to make a swirling circle design on the side of your head with a flat piece of hair. so basically you make flat swirls with the right pigtail on the right side of your head. all the while bobbypinning them in place. and do the same with the otherside. remember to keep the hair flat because it'll allow you to distribute all your hairs length in a small section with out giving you too much bulk around your head. after that pull over a wig cap or cut stocking and finito. your head is ready for your best wig. oi that was long to type. =p
megumibish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

If you're going to use a wig, get one of the "Tina Turner" type ones that's already spiked up.. if you get a long one and then cut it short and THEN try to spike it up, odds are you'll be left with not enough hair to cover the mesh that the wig is built on.
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #5
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

you can always buy blonde hair on a track at any black beauty supply and sew/glue it to the nape of the wig for added coverage. that and track hair is usually very good quality.
megumibish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

Thanks for the help guys but there is another question. Vash is a guy and I'm a girl. I guess you could say I'm fairly "talented" if you get what I'm saying. What am I supposed to do with them?

Sundance Kid
Through the travail of ages, amidst the pomp and toils of war, I have fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars. As if through a glass and darkly, the age-old strife I see...I have fought in many guises, in many names, but always me...-General George S. Patton

VASH, SPIKE, AND HATSUHARU ARE MINE!!!!! *among other various hotties*
Sundance Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 10:02 PM   #7
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Quote:
Originally posted by Sundance Kid
Thanks for the help guys but there is another question. Vash is a guy and I'm a girl. I guess you could say I'm fairly "talented" if you get what I'm saying. What am I supposed to do with them?

Sundance Kid
There are several threads on this subject already.. just browse the crossplay forum and you'll find them.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote