Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 04-20-2003, 09:07 PM   #1
manderina
Silent Protagonist

Shion's Jacket

I'm in need of some suggestions...^^

I am considerign cosplaying as Shion from Xenosaga, and I think I have everything situated enough to start working on it, but I am not quite sure how to approach the jacket...

http://www.namco.co.jp/home/cs/ps2/x...rs/char01.html

I was thinking of buying a black jacket and altering it with material, but I didn't know if there was a better approach to it or not.

I was also wondering if anyone had pictures of her backside ^^ I want to be accurate. Thanks in advance!

Cosplays In Progress
None So Far

See You In 2011!
manderina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
Recca-kun

Character sketches

Screencaptures from when Shion is talking to Jin on the Woglinde (one of the two to three times she takes off her jacket)

Will this be for sometime in the near future? If you are going to AX or Otakon there are Xeno groups forming at both cons.

AX Thread (Saturday at 2 PM): http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...&threadid=9414

Otakon Thread (Friday at 6 PM): http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...pagenum ber=1
Recca-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2003, 05:15 PM   #3
evaneko
under construction

if i remeber correctly the jacket didn't really have much black on it- but was primarily purple and yellow- i would suggest altering a pattern for a jacket and making it yourself- it might be hard but altering a jacket that much would be hard to- and it would probably end up more accurate or whatever if you made it ^^ just check the fabric store- i always see jacket patterns there
evaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2003, 09:13 AM   #4
Eibii
Nibbled to death by cats

Well, let's see here... I'm making my own Shion outfit right now, and learning a lot. >_o

I don't know if it's entirely possible to find the pattern I used for the mini-jacket, since it's probably pretty old -- McCall's cut-to-fit 5136, View A. Might want to scope out thrift shops to see if their pattern section has anything vaguely resembling it.

I made a muslin, and then altered the basic shape (scalloped the sleeves, cut in the 'lapels', brought up the hem about two inches and cut the curve in the back). From there, I used my dress form (which you may or may not have, eep) to wear it, and started sketching out where I figured all the pieces were, with the help of a measuring gauge and *lots* of printouts of Shion. >_o Your methods may vary.

Once I had the stuff sketched, I took blank sheets of patterning paper (I was ghetto and just taped scraps together, eheh ^^, draped 'em over the form, and traced the designs with pens or washable markers - then I added margins of allowance to the pieces (usually 5/8ths will do) and cut 'em out.

I nabbed an 'upper' collar pattern from a different set (I don't remember the number, but nearly any jacket should do, I hope.)

I hope this helps in some small way. Or that it at least made sense. ^^;
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...
Eibii is offline   Reply With Quote