Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

View Poll Results: Cosplay at manifest.....
Entering the competion 14 63.64%
Cosplay but not competing 8 36.36%
I'll just watch 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-13-2007, 06:22 AM   #61
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
Hehehee! I think it was a reference to the fancy old chairs at the uni... they make very nice backgrounds for cosplay photos.
they do :3 I have to get some cosplay photos done on those chairs :3
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #62
Angelique-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_rabbit View Post
they do :3 I have to get some cosplay photos done on those chairs :3
=o! I've seen those in many photos before but never actually knew where they were in real life...any way to describe where they are located? xD They are super gorgeous and I'd love to take some photos there!

Costumes in Progress:
Chii (Fan Artbook Cover ver.) - Chobits
Angelique-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #63
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

I don't know the name of the building, but they are in the foyer of the traders Hall - walk into the far right door and they are there - near a starcase on you right.
Unread 08-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #64
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique-Chan View Post
=o! I've seen those in many photos before but never actually knew where they were in real life...any way to describe where they are located? xD They are super gorgeous and I'd love to take some photos there!
In the foyer of Wilson Hall to the right of the front entrance near the stairs heading down to the toilets and up to the seating area.
Manifest has had Wilson Hall for the past 2 years. The foyer is where reg has, Wilson Hall is where the dealers room has been. The upstairs seating area is where bag/weapons check was last year.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 01:54 AM   #65
jen~chi

I heard that on the friday, you come a pick up your badge. Then nothings going on until 4 in the afternoon.

Is this true?

Animania:
- Sakura (3rd OP)
Manifest:
- Miku Hatsune - Kairi
jen~chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #66
Coffee
uh

Quote:
I found you Tenshi.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 06:00 AM   #67
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen~chi View Post
I heard that on the friday, you come a pick up your badge. Then nothings going on until 4 in the afternoon.

Is this true?
They have a tentative basic schedule posted. It is likely to be at least some changes.
http://www.manifest.org.au/schedule2007.htm

It appears that Manifest doesn’t have Wilson Hall this year. It seems that they’ve moved the traders (and I assume Registration) into the “Grand Buffet Hall” somewhere in Union House.

http://www.pb.unimelb.edu.au/CampusMaps/Parkville.pdf
So it looks like they have (parts of) buildings 146 (Eco/Comm), 149 (Old Arts) and 130 (Union House)
Unread 08-29-2007, 05:18 AM   #68
heartofglitter
comic artist woman yo

Gah 15 days away! *flail*
heartofglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:41 AM   #69
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Argh!!! Tell me about it! I'm having major costume malfunctions!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 04:48 AM   #70
Angelique-Chan

I bought a bunch of material that turned out to be the wrong type *swoons and dies*

ONLY 11 DAYS LEFT >_< ARGH~

Costumes in Progress:
Chii (Fan Artbook Cover ver.) - Chobits
Angelique-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #71
Melanie

Quote:
I bought a bunch of material that turned out to be the wrong type *swoons and dies*
Oh no! O_O Are you going to have time to fix it?

Hey, who here pre-registered their tickets, and if so, did you guys receive a confirmation email for your payment? I just want to know if it does actually exist, or if I'm being ignored.

Last edited by Melanie : 09-03-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 09-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #72
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
Hey, who here pre-registered their tickets, and if so, did you guys receive a confirmation email for your payment? I just want to know if it does actually exist, or if I'm being ignored.
Yes. I’ve got mine (I got the same email twice), but then I pre-reged and paid months ago.
They’ve been having problems with the email server and a few bugs in the new reg process. There has also been more people pre reging then they expected (1,800, they have around 1,000 weekend, 300 Saturday and 600 Sunday passes left).
The reg Coordinator also didn’t get any emails that were sent to him between the 17th and 25th.

Quote:
Manifest will be printing badges for every registration received.

Due to various factors, such as conformation e-mails vanishing into the dark corners of the internet, incorrect e-mail addresses and payments that have no ID attached to them we have decided that we will be printing for everyone who has registered. This means that even if you have not received one of our confirmation emails but have proof that money has been sent through to us, then you will still have your badge waiting for you.

However, to collect your badge on the day, you will need to present the following:

• Your Conformation E-mail, which contains your receipt.

- OR -

• Some Photo ID (Drivers Licience, School/Uni ID Card)
• Proof of Payment (Bank Statement, Cheque Stub, Australia Post Reciept, Money Order Stub)

If you present any of those, you can collect your badge from the pre-registration queue. However, if you do not present proof of payment and we don't have you marked as paid, then you WILL have to pay the on the day fee to collect your badge. If you have any questions, please post in the Registration section of the forums, or e-mail registration@manifest.org.au.
Unread 09-04-2007, 02:32 AM   #73
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloris View Post
Yes. I’ve got mine (I got the same email twice), but then I pre-reged and paid months ago.
They’ve been having problems with the email server and a few bugs in the new reg process. There has also been more people pre reging then they expected (1,800, they have around 1,000 weekend, 300 Saturday and 600 Sunday passes left).
The reg Coordinator also didn’t get any emails that were sent to him between the 17th and 25th.
Thank you for that! My paranoia is completely at ease now. XD

Last edited by Melanie : 09-05-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Unread 09-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #74
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

I am freaking out now - have to make 8 kunai (for my larxene cosplay), somehow find a Yellow Permanent texta x.x too.

Headsage told me I can pay my rego (i pre-reged) on the Friday, but then I get a email saying I can pay it before the end of the week x.x But I can't find the address to send the monies x.x Can some possibly PM me with the address *puppy eyes*

I have to get my hair bleached on Monday too XD Find a bra to go underneath my Amaranth ball dress - so I don't have any accidents - its strapless XD and yeah -_- busy week ahead I think
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #75
Melanie

I can help you with the first bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_rabbit View Post
I am freaking out now - have to make 8 kunai (for my larxene cosplay), somehow find a Yellow Permanent texta x.x too.
Bunnings. In the craft aisle, they should have a selection of "Painty" pens in all sorts of colours. They're about $7 each, but they are freaking awesome!