Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

View Poll Results: Cosplay at manifest.....
Entering the competion 14 63.64%
Cosplay but not competing 8 36.36%
I'll just watch 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 09-10-2007, 05:07 AM   #76
Angelique-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
Oh no! O_O Are you going to have time to fix it?

Hey, who here pre-registered their tickets, and if so, did you guys receive a confirmation email for your payment? I just want to know if it does actually exist, or if I'm being ignored.
I got a confirmation mail

And yes I'll have time to fix it..it's only a tiny part of the whole costume =3 woop woop

Only 4 days!!

Costumes in Progress:
Chii (Fan Artbook Cover ver.) - Chobits
Angelique-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-10-2007, 05:48 AM   #77
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Mann~ I am so anxious that I'm going to forget something or my mask will get crushed somehow. X_X blargh I hate airports, they make me so nervous because I worry about the most random crap. Like tickets not working or losing my bag, or having my bag stolen, or my bag not getting on the plane...yeah, If you looked up anxiety/anxious you would find a picture of me. X_X;;;

Well besides from the travelling and packing I look forward to seeing everyone~ ^o^ It'll be good fun~ Besides the cold weather.....If you see a dead body thats frozen over, its just me. Just put me near some hot coals/fire and I'll thaw out. *nod* XD
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #78
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

LOL I know how you are feeling XD
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #79
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

The Dead body will be me! If you see me...just leave me where you found me...
*le sigh* I don't feel like going anymore! My Sha costume has blood all over it cause my sewing machine decided to eat my fingers... ><

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #80
Wakaleo

Oh... that sounds nasty.
I hope you will still come, I was looking forward to meet you, since you missed SMASH!.
I guess there is still Animania.
Wakaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:36 PM   #81
Asha-Morgan

sooo Manifest is over....what did everyone think of it?

@Wakaleo, you've got me thinking about a certain FFXII character now >> I started to have another look at it last night :S It was good to finally meet you ^^

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Unread 09-19-2007, 01:55 AM   #82
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

It was nice to meet up with everyone, and it was waaaaaaaaaaay better than the last one I went to in '04, but I don't think I'll be going again... it's too big now.

Whilst it's great to see something that started so small become so amazingly popular, there were so many attendees, in the photo galleries, I'm seeing pics of people I never even saw there, and that's really upsetting. I think I prefer the intimacy of smaller cons, and so, I'll be spending my money travelling to them in the future.

Of course, I'm not saying that I didn't have fun! It's always great to see what amazing costumes Melbourne brings out, and it was awesome meeting everyone who I've only ever spoken to online before.

Last edited by Melanie : 09-19-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 06:25 AM   #83
jen~chi

Manifest was a hell lot of fun.

Although waiting in line for my tixs on sat was a little nerve racking, i still had fun cosplaying and what-not

cant wait for next year...

Animania:
- Sakura (3rd OP)
Manifest:
- Miku Hatsune - Kairi
jen~chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #84
Wakaleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha-Morgan View Post
sooo Manifest is over....what did everyone think of it?

@Wakaleo, you've got me thinking about a certain FFXII character now >> I started to have another look at it last night :S It was good to finally meet you ^^
I thought Manifest was same as always, crappy venue for a huge number of people. They have been giving promises of moving to a better venue, but nothing has been done in the last 5 years. Manifest has the largest amount of high quality cosplayers but because of the small venue and crappy theatre, the actual competition is not enjoyable.

@Asha-Morgan, I was very happy to meet you. Your costumes are as good as they were described to me by Tsubaki and Catty. If you are interested in doing a Final Fantasy XII group next year, I would be glad to join. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing judge Gabranth next year.

@Melanie. It was nice to see you again, and see your amazing costumes again. If you are sick of large conventions, maybe you should come to SMASH! next year, since it is a small convention, not tained like all others.
Unread 09-21-2007, 06:01 AM   #85
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaleo View Post
I thought Manifest was same as always, crappy venue for a huge number of people. They have been giving promises of moving to a better venue, but nothing has been done in the last 5 years. Manifest has the largest amount of high quality cosplayers but because of the small venue and crappy theatre, the actual competition is not enjoyable.
There is no where else in Melbourne that Manifest could move to without having to increase prices. There isn't anywhere in Melbourne that has the infrastructure for an anime convention in a size large enough, thus if Manifest were to move elsewhere, they would have to pay more expensive venue hire and build/hire their own stages and screens/theatres.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #86
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

Manifest was awesome <3

So many wonderful cosplays!
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #87
Wakaleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloris View Post
There is no where else in Melbourne that Manifest could move to without having to increase prices. There isn't anywhere in Melbourne that has the infrastructure for an anime convention in a size large enough, thus if Manifest were to move elsewhere, they would have to pay more expensive venue hire and build/hire their own stages and screens/theatres.
How do you know that? Are you a Manifest committee member?
With the amount of people Manifest is getting, they have to move to a larger venue, because it is a safety risk to have too many people in a small area.
There are several venues in Melbourne, yes they are all expensive, and Manifest will need to charge a bit more, but it shouldn't stop people from coming.
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #88
Asha-Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaleo
@Asha-Morgan, I was very happy to meet you. Your costumes are as good as they were described to me by Tsubaki and Catty. If you are interested in doing a Final Fantasy XII group next year, I would be glad to join. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing judge Gabranth next year.
And I you ^_^ Thanks! Your Balthier is awesome!
Yes I am very interested. Either Vaan or Balthier would be cool with Gabranth. I don't know if I would have time to throw Fran together. But once done we can go get some photos, cause surprisingly I'm tempted to attempt that costume, though I'm not tall and skinny and I'm white T_T [O= The horror! Me dress as a female omg!]

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Unread 09-23-2007, 04:59 AM   #89
Mucai
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaleo View Post
How do you know that? Are you a Manifest committee member?
With the amount of people Manifest is getting, they have to move to a larger venue, because it is a safety risk to have too many people in a small area.
There are several venues in Melbourne, yes they are all expensive, and Manifest will need to charge a bit more, but it shouldn't stop people from coming.
Are you daft? How many conventions have you been to? How many have you worked at?
You don't need to be Manifest committee to know simple things like that. (I have been to 18 conventions since 2004 and have done some sort of work at 9 of them. While I am not yet on MoC, I plan to be as soon as MoC, myself and one or two others are able to work out a few issues)

There are two things limiting the size of Manifest at the moment. Staffing and Melbourne Uni. They can only grow as large as Melbourne Uni says they can. The uni gives Manifest a max number of people they can have, based on the buildings it books. If Manifest hires a 4th building at Melbourne Uni, the amount of people they can have will go up.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #90
Wakaleo

Thanks for calling me daft. That's easy to judge people without knowing anything about them. I am fairly sure I know a lot more bout conventions that you do, since I been involved with Animania from the start (being treasurer and cosplay coordinator), and being SMASH! current treasurer. I have been to Manifest every year since its second year, to Supanova, Animeau... The only 2 conventions I have not been to are AVCON and WAICON.
Two years ago, Manifest announced how much money they had enough money to move to a different venue, but the following year it was still at Melbourne university. The problem isn't in how many rooms you hire in Melbourne Uni, but the space given for registration (processing 5000 people through 2 doors in such a small area contributes greatly to the slow moving queue) and for events such as cosplay, in a tiny theatre, in which half the space is occupied by cosplayers. Manifest tries to solve the cosplay competition problem by having the event transmitted to other rooms, but everyone I talked to who went their said it was shit because the cameraman didn't point the camera at the cosplayers half of the time. You can't cover an event like this with one camera if you place it at the front. You either place it at the back or you use several ones at the front to cover all angles.