Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Oni-Con

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 05-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively
 
FE Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,418
Naruto Photoshoot?

Attention all Naruto cosplayers,dying to debut your costume in a grand way? Why not join all the Naruto cosplayers in front of the third floor skybridge at the George R.Brown Convention Center? Dates and times are to be announced at a later time,probably when the map goes up.Anyone is able to make suggestions as to time and place.Feel free to post what Naruto costumes you're going to bring as well.
  • FE Freak-ANBU Lee
  • Arakhne-ANBU Group and probably a Jiraiya
  • Arei-Shippuuden Hinata
  • Kelsey Uchiha-Shippuuden Sakura
  • RazorGT188-Akatsuki Sasuke, Blue / White Sasuke and maybe Jounin/Chuunin Sasuke AND Time Jump Sasuke
  • Kikala-Time Jump Kyuubi Naruto
  • Chibibotan-Black Outfit Sasuke-woot!
  • Fallen)X(Angel-Kimimarou? Please get it finished,can't wait
  • Ayane_Eiketsu-Kurenai
  • benihime-Time Jump Hinata
  • Naoko-plush-Konan?
  • Sada-Akiko>Time Jump Sakura?
  • Beansalad-Time Jump Kiba
  • Kikala-Konan
  • Sylphkeeper- Time Jump Gaara
  • Randimaru-chan- Tobi-MAYBE??

Last edited by FE Freak : 09-08-2007 at 03:32 PM.
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
Arakhne
Registered User
 
Arakhne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 215
My group is going to have a few random ANBU (possible an ANBU!Kakashi) and, I'm fairly certain, a Jiraiya. That's all we know for certain right now. My hair is going to be cut and colored to fit Mello from Death Note and Hirako Shinji from Bleach, so I'm still trying to think of a main plot-line Naruto character I can do... Maybe Manga!Genma with the blonde >.> Anywho, I'll be there with about 4 or so people in tow.

For the life of me, I can not remember the layout of the Hilton and the convention center. I keep getting it mixed up with the A-kon facilities. I'm thinking, as long as it's some place seriously roomy (seeing as we'll have a horde of Naruto cosplayers) with good lighting it should be good.
__________________
Currently Working On:
Xanxus - Katekyou Hitman Reborn
Raiden - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Superbi Squalo - Katekyou Hitman Reborn (commission)
Arakhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively
 
FE Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,418
*all caps with glee* ANBU cosplays,yes!! I'm doing ANBU Lee,mind if I get some pics with your group? And well it's technically the main entrance.I could fetch an AM map,if you dont mind looking at that? I taken the liberty of putting it up.

It's at the bottom near the Pocky Stage.
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
Arei
Eater of Souls
 
Arei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 892
ill have shipuuden hinata
Arei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #5
Arakhne
Registered User
 
Arakhne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 215
Sure! That'd be awesome ^_^

Oh, rightright, I see. Well, I'm kind of worried that we might block up the entrance, and thus we'd have con staff getting mad at us, which wouldn't be to great. Is there maybe a bigger space, out of the way of the traffic flow? Maybe outside?

Quote:
ill have shipuuden hinata
Hawt XD
__________________
Currently Working On:
Xanxus - Katekyou Hitman Reborn
Raiden - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Superbi Squalo - Katekyou Hitman Reborn (commission)
Arakhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
Arei
Eater of Souls
 
Arei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakhne View Post
Hawt XD
heck yeh..in more than one way sadly...damn jacket + texas heat = bad >__<;;;;
Arei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively
 
FE Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakhne View Post
Sure! That'd be awesome ^_^

Oh, rightright, I see. Well, I'm kind of worried that we might block up the entrance, and thus we'd have con staff getting mad at us, which wouldn't be to great. Is there maybe a bigger space, out of the way of the traffic flow? Maybe outside?
Some Bleachers had a photoshoot and games over there,but a back up plan is nice.Well we could wait and see how the layout of Oni-con will be and move from there? Outside sounds like a good idea too,know of a park or something nearby?
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
Arakhne
Registered User
 
Arakhne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 215
Quote:
heck yeh..in more than one way sadly...damn jacket + texas heat = bad >__<;;;;
Omigod, I know >.< But it'll be October, so hopefully it'll have cooled down some by then... hopefullly... But Texas weather likes to be difficult so I guess we'll see o.O

Quote:
Some Bleachers had a photoshoot and games over there,but a back up plan is nice.Well we could wait and see how the layout of Oni-con will be and move from there? Outside sounds like a good idea too,know of a park or something nearby?
Oh wow, well, if you can fit Bleach there and all the Ichigos, we ought to be able to fit in Naruto and all the Kakashis. As long as we're not blocking up traffic going through the skybridge.

Now that I think about it, outside might not be such a good idea because Texas heat + flack jounin jackets = death like Arei was talking about. But if we can find a little park pretty close by we can probably meet inside, scamper out to the park really quick and then scamper back in before people start dying. o.O Or that might be too much work entirely. We can see what everyone wants to do >.>

Alrighty, I found some more maps of the convention space here and on this picture I put a red circle around the place I think we're talking about. That is it, right? And I think I remember the dealer's room being on the same level... or was it one floor down? So, in that one area by the skybridge, just for the sake of my memory refreshing itself, they had some tables and a little food stand set up there last time, right? And one floor down, I think there was a Starbuck's. And this area, I believe, is where they herded everyone into after it got too late in the night/morning to run events anymore and there were some people playing Duck Duck Goose and a Dante running around.

Now that I think of it, yeah, this is a pretty good space. So what time do we all want to meet up?
__________________
Currently Working On:
Xanxus - Katekyou Hitman Reborn
Raiden - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Superbi Squalo - Katekyou Hitman Reborn (commission)
Arakhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #9
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively
 
FE Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,418
Quote:

Oh wow, well, if you can fit Bleach there and all the Ichigos, we ought to be able to fit in Naruto and all the Kakashis. As long as we're not blocking up traffic going through the skybridge.
Let the ANBU take care of that problem,lol.

Quote:
Alrighty, I found some more maps of the convention space here and on this picture I put a red circle around the place I think we're talking about. That is it, right?
Yup,that's exactly where I'm talking bout.

Quote:
And I think I remember the dealer's room being on the same level... or was it one floor down? So, in that one area by the skybridge, just for the sake of my memory refreshing itself, they had some tables and a little food stand set up there last time, right? And one floor down, I think there was a Starbuck's. And this area, I believe, is where they herded everyone into after it got too late in the night/morning to run events anymore and there were some people playing Duck Duck Goose and a Dante running around.

Now that I think of it, yeah, this is a pretty good space. So what time do we all want to meet up?
And the dealer's room was on the same floor.I think there was a food stand,I definitely remember a condiment/utensil stand.And I'm glad you mentioned the 2nd floor,it's open,and we'd be able get everyone down there easy,and it wont be crowded.Just another suggestion.And I dont mind having one Friday and Saturday.Either/both is fine with me.
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #10
Arakhne
Registered User
 
Arakhne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 215
Quote:
Let the ANBU take care of that problem,lol.
Hellz yeah XD

Quote:
And I'm glad you mentioned the 2nd floor,it's open,and we'd be able get everyone down there easy,and it wont be crowded.Just another suggestion.And I dont mind having one Friday and Saturday.Either/both is fine with me.
Cool beans. We can use that space as a back up, or, we can meet one place one day and another the other day o.O I'm totally up for having two. I suppose we can set more exact times when we get closer to the time of the con or we get more people. XD Exciting!
__________________
Currently Working On:
Xanxus - Katekyou Hitman Reborn
Raiden - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Superbi Squalo - Katekyou Hitman Reborn (commission)
Arakhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #11
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively
 
FE Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakhne View Post
Hellz yeah XD
In the wake of the Chuunin Exam Eps.anything will do to better our image lol.

Quote:
Cool beans. We can use that space as a back up, or, we can meet one place one day and another the other day o.O I'm totally up for having two. I suppose we can set more exact times when we get closer to the time of the con or we get more people. XD Exciting!
Oh right, I never thought of back up,good thing you thought of that 5 months and 4 days before the con.My you're just brimming with excellent suggestions.But not every cosplayer belongs to this site or cosplay sites,so we may have to do word of mouth like at Anime Matsuri.

Last edited by FE Freak : 05-23-2007 at 08:18 AM.
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #12
Arakhne
Registered User
 
Arakhne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 215
Quote:
In the wake of the Chuunin Exam Eps.anything will do to better our image lol.
Oh my, yes, this is true. Can't let the other villages think we're slackin' off, now can we?

Quote:
Oh right, I never thought of back up,good thing you thought of that 5 months and 4 days before the con.My you're just brimming with excellent suggestions.But not every cosplayer belongs to this site or cosplay sites,so we may have to do word of mouth like at Anime Matsuri.
Oh, well, you mentioned earlier that a back up plan would be nice, so that's why I said that =O.

Sadly, I didn't attend Anime Matsuri, so I'm not sure how all that went down. We could post on the Oni-con site forums and hopefully that would get enough people aware.
__________________
Currently Working On:
Xanxus - Katekyou Hitman Reborn
Raiden - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Superbi Squalo - Katekyou Hitman Reborn (commission)
Arakhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 09:00 PM   #13
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively
 
FE Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakhne View Post

Sadly, I didn't attend Anime Matsuri, so I'm not sure how all that went down. We could post on the Oni-con site forums and hopefully that would get enough people aware.
I made a post in the Oni-con forums..2 of them.So I'm just waiting for people to respond now.I didnt get to attend the Naruto Photoshoot,but I'd imagine tons of people showed up though.
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #14
Arei
Eater of Souls
 
Arei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 892
there is a park...thats where we went last year for the bleach vs naruto photoshoot.....even in october though it was so muggy....and...its filled with bums >_<;

but where we had the bleach photoshoot wasnt that close to the skybridge..and actaully there werent that many people there...not as compared to other cons, i got pics in my gallery to prove it lol
Arei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #15
Arakhne
Registered User
 
Arakhne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 215
Quote:
I made a post in the Oni-con forums..2 of them.So I'm just waiting for people to respond now.I didnt get to attend the Naruto Photoshoot,but I'd imagine tons of people showed up though.
Awesome. I'll check on there for your post. I wasn't cosplaying Naruto last time, so I wasn't at the shoot. u.u

Quote:
there is a park...thats where we went last year for the bleach vs naruto photoshoot.....even in october though it was so muggy....and...its filled with bums >_<;

but where we had the bleach photoshoot wasnt that close to the skybridge..and actaully there werent that many people there...not as compared to other cons, i got pics in my gallery to prove it lol
Cool beans. I've never been part of a Bleach vs Naruto photoshoot, though o.o That sounds fun. We'll have to see if anyone plans to do a Bleach photoshoot and see if we can colaborate.
__________________
Currently Working On:
Xanxus - Katekyou Hitman Reborn
Raiden - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Superbi Squalo - Katekyou Hitman Reborn (commission)
Arakhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.