Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
kisu-koneko

Princess Garnet- FFIX

anyone got some ideas for princess garnets orange jumper? i was thinking of cutting up a bodysuit (the ones ballerinas use) but i dunno how well that would turn out... if anyone has any sites for things that might not take much altering thatd be great ^___^;; <3
Spirit of Jazz (Howlin' Jimmy Jefferson)- The Mighty Boosh
North Italy- Hetalia
kisu-koneko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-15-2007, 12:13 AM   #2
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Reference picture? I've only got a vague idea what she looks like.

But I'm pretty sure you could get a bodysuit pattern and just alter it. It's not very hard to alter patterns. : )
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
Summoner-Yuna9

Here's some reference pics:

http://www.robertsetiadi.or.id/img/f...f09art_022.jpg
http://www.creativeuncut.com/media/ff9-garnet.jpg

I would recommend getting a bodysuit pattern and alter it, also. You can look at the other threads for Garnet's orange bodysuit and see what other people suggested.
Summoner-Yuna9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

I'm doing the same costume right now, and it's turning out pretty well at the moment. I got a very large piece of orange stretch fabric, and grabbed hold of a t-shirt and leggings that fit me perfectly. I then drew around them, cut out the fabric and sewed the two sides together. Worked perfectly for me, although I needed to take in the waist a little.

When looking for fabric, go for a cotton/lycra blend, rather than pure lycra, which tends to be terribly shiny and not suited for Garnet at all. Unfortunately, you'll probably have difficulty finding a ready-made bodysuit that isn't pure lycra, if you decided you didnt want to make it.

I'm still working on my costume, so PM/MSN me if you need help with anything.

Last edited by CezzaXV : 05-17-2007 at 10:50 AM.
CezzaXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2007, 01:42 AM   #5
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

I also remade this costume. I used a Simplicity pattern (The number escapes me) It was for some kind of 80s unitard thing for children....I had to make the armholes come up higher (Snug to the arm pits), convert it in to a two panel pattern, and then make the legs longer but it was pretty easy really.

To convert a 4 panel pattern into a 2 panel one with jumpsuits, make a mock-up of half of the suit out of some cheap fabric and then use that whole thing as a pattern.

I used a jersey knit that was on sale at Wal-Mart (which is turning out quite well I might add)

I would suggest against finding the pre-made unitard as they are rarely the right color, Rarely made the way you need for this costume, and are mostly made of 100% lycra or Spandex.

My original Dagger costume was made of a pre-made unitard. Check out my gallery. It looks terrrible.

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Aleera
Master Thief

The Kwiksew Catsuit pattern, there's a link to it if you search the threads but I believe denverfabrics.com carries it for cheapest and I bought her tricot knit fabric there too (regular and Amano). A lot of Garnet cosplayers used Kwiksew Catsuit, That's what I have and I should be making it for a convention in July. You will have to alter it a tiny bit, so it's under the bust. But it's worth researching the patterns to see what you feel comfortable with.

Last edited by Aleera : 05-22-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Aleera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
kisu-koneko

wow thanks for all the responses and great ideas guys!
Spirit of Jazz (Howlin' Jimmy Jefferson)- The Mighty Boosh
North Italy- Hetalia
kisu-koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #8
airyokama
*ahaha.wav*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CezzaXV View Post
I'm doing the same costume right now, and it's turning out pretty well at the moment. I got a very large piece of orange stretch fabric, and grabbed hold of a t-shirt and leggings that fit me perfectly. I then drew around them, cut out the fabric and sewed the two sides together. Worked perfectly for me, although I needed to take in the waist a little.

When looking for fabric, go for a cotton/lycra blend, rather than pure lycra, which tends to be terribly shiny and not suited for Garnet at all. Unfortunately, you'll probably have difficulty finding a ready-made bodysuit that isn't pure lycra, if you decided you didnt want to make it.

I'm still working on my costume, so PM/MSN me if you need help with anything.
I'm trying to work on the same costume as well but haven't been able to find the fabric. How much of the cotton/lycra fabric did you use for her jumper (estimation is fine)?
airyokama is offline   Reply With Quote