Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #421
goldenrodfairy
You're my sex bomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOut View Post
Skits about overdone skits are overdone now.
They got to be original at one point but now that people have grasped that overdones skits exist, they over-do skits about certain skits being overdone....kinda like parodies about overdone skits and making fun of them is what I mean.
I wouldn't say overdone, but certainly well done and should be over and done with at this point. I did one a year and a half ago before the trend of doing skits to make fun of skits even started... and after that I was done with making fun of bad skits. Since then, the ones I've seen were really good, but yes, we should be done now.

Unread 04-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #422
greatpein
you can't fix stupid

caramalldansen
3. always follow the rules
greatpein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #423
RadRage
Registered Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenrodfairy View Post
I wouldn't say overdone, but certainly well done and should be over and done with at this point. I did one a year and a half ago before the trend of doing skits to make fun of skits even started... and after that I was done with making fun of bad skits. Since then, the ones I've seen were really good, but yes, we should be done now.
Yea I know what you mean. If they're done properly then they can be good, but I really don't find it entertaining at all when some people get up on stage and just start rhyming off things overdone in skits and dance around. That's more of the overdone part of it.
PLOT! It needs a plot is what I'm trying to say! Dx
RadRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #424
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenrodfairy View Post
Are they really that overdone? We did one at Otakon 07 but besides that one, I've never seen any others at any cons or on YouTube. Maybe I've just completely missed them all xD
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #425
Sivan
Resident Pocky Miser

Personally, I get so tired of seeing random "let's break out into a dance competition!" skits. They're only good when done right, and quite frankly they usually aren't done right at all. Another music based annoyance are people who just go up and dance to a song while lip-synching. Seriously, that's not even a skit.

As others have mentioned, The Hare Hare Yukai and such are too overused. I like creative ones, that keep the characters at least somewhat IN CHARACTER. People like just dressing up and then acting totally out of character, which is annoying because it takes the comedy out of it. Unless there is a balance with in-character cosplayers and out-of-character ones...eh. Unless its 100% parody, but that is rarely done well.

I-Con 26
I-Con 27

Will Be Attending:

AnimeNEXT 2009
Bakuretsu Con 2009
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #426
RadRage
Registered Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua's Rhapsody View Post
Are they really that overdone? We did one at Otakon 07 but besides that one, I've never seen any others at any cons or on YouTube. Maybe I've just completely missed them all xD
Yea...they are...i've seen about 6 in the past year on youtube. The thing is that they weren't even well thought out, it was basically just saying a bunch of things overdone in skits..."The End"

I bet you will see a lot more coming up this year since people are aware of "things that are overdone in skits"
RadRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #427
BeautifulDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter's Dream View Post
Yuna's dance on water (FF-X) is so over done it's unbelievable!
I've honestly never seen this done.
BeautifulDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #428
aerendyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter's Dream View Post
Yuna's dance on water (FF-X) is so over done it's unbelievable!
That one overdone? I have never seen an act of this one... With or without special effects?

(I'd love to see this one with special effects like moving cloth that represents water or something.)

~/Cosplay WIP's and history/~

{ From Newest to Oldest }

+/2010/+
Demyx - Kingdom Hearts II
Yoshino Chidori - Persona 3/FES

+/2009/+
Hanamura Yosuke (summer school uniform) - Persona 4
Elizabeth - Persona 3/FES
Yuna - Kingdom Hearts II
aerendyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #429
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

All I can say, and I'm -not- trying to be mean! (>__<)
But I have seen WAAAAY too many -horrible- dancers on stage dressed up in costumes that are falling apart (Which does happen, but if you're going to be dancing PLEASE make sure your costume can handle it)

And I don't mean...that it's falling off, it's just..I've seen gnatty wigs and costumes looking all thrashed while the people are dancing.
It's mainly the horrible dancing/out of sync dancing I've seen.

So many people make fun of them too. It's sad. It is. So if you're going to dance. PRACTICE a lot... I know people want to just have fun, but there's a whole crowd that's going to see really good skits, not...horrible dancing.

=(
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #430
Sorahana
...That was a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post
Personally, I get so tired of seeing random "let's break out into a dance competition!" skits. They're only good when done right, and quite frankly they usually aren't done right at all. Another music based annoyance are people who just go up and dance to a song while lip-synching. Seriously, that's not even a skit.
I agree. I'm tired of dance-off skits and lipsyncing ones too. I'm also tired of the amount of yaoi skits. Last Otakon, I lost count of how many yaoi skits there were.
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #431
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Quote:
Personally, I get so tired of seeing random "let's break out into a dance competition!" skits. They're only good when done right, and quite frankly they usually aren't done right at all.
Reminds me of last Otakon, there was a Get Backers skit. And I was so happy that there was a Get Backers skit - it's my favoritest anime! ...But then there was a random dance-off, and I was sad. Wasted potential there, darnit.
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #432
Nodion

I find the dance skits are good if kept at a good duration and not excessively long segment.. dancing to the entire song is dumb especially to a complete re-enactment of the entire dance # of a certain anime. I can't stand those collage-o-dances anymore either.

And any skit that involves "You lost the game" should be removed. I never found it funny then and still dont find it funny now.
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #433
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Reminds me of last Otakon, there was a Get Backers skit. And I was so happy that there was a Get Backers skit - it's my favoritest anime! ...But then there was a random dance-off, and I was sad. Wasted potential there, darnit.
Yeah. Those were my friends. And they told me "OMG WE HAVE AN AWESOME SKIT YEAY!" and then I saw it, and I was like "-.-" i agree. I don't like the random dance offs. [not to mention, their skit had nothing to do with getbackers...and it also involved another overdone skit that i will be listing]

also, anything involving caramelldansen,
you lost the game,
making fun of really overly popular animes [sailor moon, naruto, pokemon, etc etc],
ninja vs. pirates skits [thats what my friends did...-.-],
"at the masquerade" skits,
People that pretend they can dance but really can't skits...

someone said they really are tired of dancing skits...i don't mind dance skits...so long as the people do something DIFFERENT and the song is appropriate for the anime [like, my friend and I are preparing a dance to Disturbia by Rihanna as Gaara and Naruto for Otakon] a lot of dance skits are the same thing over and over again. It's cool if you use the same moves during the chorus, but like...people during dance skits usually do the exact same thing over and over again. it's old. =[
In the works: Sailor Jupiter |Li Syaran, Cardcaptor Sakura | InuYasha, InuYasha

Facebook
| Deviantart
DespairedPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #434
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

Quote:
Another music based annoyance are people who just go up and dance to a song while lip-synching. Seriously, that's not even a skit.
I understand that for a group skit, but what about a walk-on? I have one planned out, and since I'm doing it on my own, I didn't want to just walk around for a bit and leave...

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Legend Of Zelda: Femme Link
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #435
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Maybe a poorly done lipsync skit is overdone...