Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Unread 05-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Any American Cartoons Cosplayers?

I think i'm the only person left in the world who does American Cartoon cosplays. I don't mean Spiderman (thats American Comic stuffs.. classics). I mean something like Xiaolin Showdown, or Ben 10. Basically anything Cartoon Network.

Oh, and i despise Ben 10. Target replaced all Xiaolin Showdown merchandise with Ben 10. Now i have to make my own Monkey Staff. TT_TT

I'm dressing as Jack Spicer. So what are ya'll dressing up as?

And anyone going to the AX In long Beach?

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

There are lots of people doing Avatar: the Last Airbender cosplays right now; personally I've done Fairly Odd Parents, and will be doing the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy in the future.

--PD
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

I know someday I want to make Tak and Gaz from Invader Zim and then Devi (JTHM, I feel sick) and Lenore, but those 2 are comic book characters. I know there were loads of others that I was thinking of, but I forget now.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
ningyobaka
digidork

ben 10 is good but so is xalion showdown. and i'm working on a few avatar cosplays sorta. started on my dolls not mine yet. invader zim rocks too.a nd catoon network isn't the only one with american cartoons. disney, and fox have cartoons.
ningyobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Made a Quinn Morgendorffer (Daria mid 90s cartoon on MTV)costume last year, but don't have photos yet.

Also working on a Lady Jaye costume (G.I. Joe), have the wig just need time to get to a military surplus store. Trying to figure out how to do the black cat from the Pepe Le Pew cartoons.
Unread 05-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #6
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Oh that's right! I want to make Jane Lane from Daria! Thanks for the reminder.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

And there have been plenty of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends cosplaying as well.
Unread 05-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Ooh, and Adult Swim cosplayers, too-- Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, ATHF, etc. I don't see that many from things like Family Guy, the Simpsons, Futurama, etc. but maybe that's because they're older-- although my fiance is DETERMINED to do a Bender cosplay someday.

You know what you don't see a lot of? Book cosplays. I guess we've been seeing Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings since before the movies came out, but from books there aren't movies of? Scarce, I suppose mostly because unless there's definite artwork to reference from, many people would feel daunted by the possibility of not being recognized.

That said, I give MAJOR MAJOR PROPS to the folks who are cosplaying Dragonlance, Discworld, and all those other literary greats that haven't been raped by Hollywood yet.

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 05-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I was gonna make a Hitchiker's Guide cosplay one time, but that went down cuz the movie came out (which i believ SUCKED... FORD ISNT BLACK! HE IS DESCRIBED AS PALE WITH CHESNUT HAIR. TT_TT ) and i didnt want to look different from the movie and have people kill me. That happens, ya know?

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #10
Mundo Del Rio
radical river

I will be doing Tula from Pirates of Dark Water for Otakon 2007. This is an older show from the very early 90s, so younger people here might not know about it, lol. Looking for a group from the same series, so let me know if anyone is interested.

Aigis - Persona 3

Lammy - Um Jammer Lammy

Last edited by Mundo Del Rio : 05-16-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Mundo Del Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:41 PM   #11
ChibiToon
What have you done?

I did an original rave/femme version of Zim (Invader ZIM) for Otakon '05. ...I'm actually going to wear it again this Otakon, too, accompanied by an EGL version of GIR. ^_^

CT

Future Cosplays: More APH, Angel Sanctuary, CCSakura, K-ON, TsubasaRC, and Kuroshitsuji.
ChibiToon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #12
IX.DemyxIsMyBoi
Toad Fangirl

I've done Daria (herself), I'm working on Jack, and I've done Dib from Invader Zim in the past as well as Nny from JTHM.
Anime Weekend Atlanta/AWA XIII 2007
Cosplays:
Pre-Time Jump/Time Jump/ANBU Shino: 0%-85%-0%
Toad (X-men Movie Verion): 0%
Ginji: 0%
Draco Malfoy (Quiditch): 0%
Jack Spicer: 5%
IX.DemyxIsMyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #13
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundo Del Rio View Post
I will be doing Tula from Pirates of Dark Water for Otakon 2007. This is an older show from the very early 90s, so younger people here might not know about it, lol. Looking for a group from the same series, so let me know if anyone is interested.
Oh my goodness, Pirates of Dark Water! AWESOME obscure cosplay.

--Penny
Unread 05-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #14
vampirate

I cosplayed as Gaz several years ago. I also want to make a Daria costume for Halloween. I've got a Last Unicorn costume now(Though some people consider it anime for some odd reason). One day I'd like to have myself a Catra(She-Ra) costume too.

There's a fair amount vintage American cartoon cosplay out there at cons if you go to the right ones: Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and heck even Transformers.

Oh, and Penny there are a few Discworld movies, but yeah they're not Hollywood. I've got Wyrd Sisters and apparently a live action region 2 Hogfather dvd just came out! I'm going to see if my boyfriend can find a downloadable version since a region 2 dvd wouldn't do me any good... And my real point is: My dad has been wanting to put together a Death costume for a while now(complete with Death of Rats), and if he gets that going I think I'll make Susan to go with him.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirate View Post
I cosplayed as Gaz several years ago. I also want to make a Daria costume for Halloween. I've got a Last Unicorn costume now(Though some people consider it anime for some odd reason). One day I'd like to have myself a Catra(She-Ra) costume too.

There's a fair amount vintage American cartoon cosplay out there at cons if you go to the right ones: Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and heck even Transformers.

Oh, and Penny there are a few Discworld movies, but yeah they're not Hollywood. I've got Wyrd Sisters and apparently a live action region 2 Hogfather dvd just came out! I'm going to see if my boyfriend can find a downloadable version since a region 2 dvd wouldn't do me any good... And my real point is: My dad has been wanting to put together a Death costume for a while now(complete with Death of Rats), and if he gets that going I think I'll make Susan to go with him.
You'd make a great Susan. Joe wants to do Sam Vimes (and is now kicking himself for not buying a PERFECT helmet when he saw it), and I'd do an Angua if I thought anyone would recognize me without a Carrot.

The BBC mini-series of Gaiman's Neverwhere was pretty good, so I'm just hoping that Stardust isn't ruined for me when it comes out in theaters. I already learned that Walden Media has DESTROYED all the charm and wonder of Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising and now I'm merely praying that it isn't a completely awful movie, to boot. Of course from that you could only probably manage a Dark Rider costume if you wanted anybody to recognize you, and even then you'd be pressing your luck.

Aaaaand now I'm just totally off the topic of American cartoons. Sorry.

--Penny

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 05-18-2007 at 01:53 PM.