Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 09-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
xMidnightMotion

Organization XIII cosplay help?

I've been thinking of doing a Larxene cosplay for a while.

I had bought an Organization cloak, but it was made of cotton instead of pleather or leather, since the cotton was cheaper.

Do you guys think using this would be okay? Or would it look bad?

Thanks!

.:UPCOMING CONS:.
SpringFest, NY - I-CON 31 - Castle Point Anime Convention - AnimeNEXT

.:CURRENT COSPLAYS:.
Rose Lalonde - Homestuck [100%]
Imp-form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [30%]
Ciel Phantomhive (Wonderland version) - Kuroshitsuji [0% - PLANNED]
xMidnightMotion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

alright i know everyone else is gonna say otherwise cuz they all say leather look..but its not..cotton look is what it should be. in fact when i get mine im buying a cotton one. it doesnt matter what others think of it anyway..i mean half the sora and riku ppl use pleather when it obviously shouldnt be so that should tell u somethin lol but no urs is correct
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
Ray-chan
cosplay = endurance sport

The fabric choice should take a few things into consideration actually:

1. How comfortable do you need it? Are you planning on wearing this in an area where it's regularly 90+ degrees and a breathable fabric would be better or are you wearing somewhere much colder where there's not much need for something to stay cool?

2. Do you want it photographed? Not everyone wears cosplays to have pictures taken, but depending on the material and the flash used it can look shiny if you use a vinyl vs a cotton fabric.

3. How much do you want to spend on it? Although vinyl/pleather is not always more expensive it often is if you want a reasonable quality. Don't break the bank on a cosplay unless you really want to go that extra distance. It's just a costume. Doesn't need to set you back one month's rent.

4. Do you plan on cosplaying with others? I'm not talking about meeting people and just hanging out together at a convention, but if you make plans for having a group cosplay you should check with the other members what type of fabric they will be using.

At the end of the day, the best Org coat is one you already have. Don't drop more cash on a new coat unless you're looking for an upgrade. I'd try the cotton one to a convention and see if it'll work for you.

For the record, I disagree with JasonTerror. I believe the Org coats should be leather though the effect cannot always be achieved with vinyl/pleather.

Anime USA 2011:
England (Hetalia)
America (Hetalia)
Russia (Hetalia)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)
Link (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)

I write Hetalia fanfiction for adults: http://arcadiaeclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/26734260

Last edited by Ray-chan : 09-15-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Ray-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
Aurora's Heart

To be quite honest, no one is going to boo you out of a con for having a cotton orgy coat. If they do, they are stupid. Cotton vs. leather is a personal preference and what one person sees as correct another will see as inacurate. Everyone is entitled to their own opinon, but as Ray-chan said, it is not worth scaping something you already have. Besides, anyone dising you over the material of your coat should know better than to insight Larxen's wrath.
Unread 09-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #5
Xindra

I have a twill one because it was easier to work with at the time. The only reason I'm bothering with the pleather for my new one is because that's what the rest of my organization uses and the current jacket is too big. The others will be jealous at summer cons when you don't sweat to death though.
Xindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
SirDapperPants
Registered... Uh...

In a lot of pictures the coats look like they're made of cotton or, well, I'm not a fabric buff, but they at least don't look like leather to me! Besides, it's better than looking like you're wearing a garbage bag, right?
SirDapperPants is offline   Reply With Quote