Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #16
stitch201

Will you also be doing a tutorial on the jacket/pants? =0

I love your costume, and the shoes are perfect xD I might just have to make a pair...:P

Unread 07-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #17
Saeru
What is life w/o meaning?

Those were pretty much hand-patterned, so it'd be difficult for me to do a tutorial on them. If there is a particular question that you have, though, I'd be more than happy to answer. ^.^
And Thankyou!
Saeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #18
stitch201

Well I do have one question...(But it doesn't have to do with the jacket) when sewing on the zippers to the shoes you said that you had sewed them on by hand, what did you make the holes out of?.. =/
Thank you ^^
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #19
Saeru

At first I drilled them with a 1/16 inch bit, but since that was taking a long time, I went to Jo-Anns and bought a 1/16 inch hole-punch. ^.^
Unread 07-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #20
Saigo
The Unknown

Overall I suppose you have a nice idea, and since I'm not the one who sewed everything together I won't say too much...
I'm pretty sure I was one of (if not the first) first ones to premiere as Anti-Sora at a major convention in US... or atleast of those recorded online...
That was a fun Akon, though I couldnt ever get to the bathroom....
So heres my advice...
Redo the symbols on the arms a bit lighter...
when i designed mine I had to get the logo on my own through very very little images and alot of screen shots...

but i was able to get it, and your is quite close to mine, so i dont knows whos is right..

The pants remember have designs on them too... i half assed it and basically took the arm logo, put it on it's side, and used half to create that design..

I had LED goggles for the eyes, and though it looks good... at the same time it can look horrible, and ruins alot of photos. So overall I would say your method is very nice, even if it doesnt work well (too well) in darker lightings without a light source..

Reading the smoke work.. OMG I love that, that is pure brilliance, excellent.

Overall this is amazing, and very well put together.

I didnt see what the face is made of however but I would recomend you try using a Zentai suit that is full body.
Or making one yourself for just the head.

But if you have ever had the experience in a zentai suit, its one you better not be a pansy about...

Its difficult to see through( and i mean difficult), as well as the material will probably push against your eyes, and possibly squish your nose...
also getting a drink is annoying yet easy, just sip through the material, breathing is really easy...

but considering its a humanoid character that doesnt have all the qualities of a human, it may take some risks and pain to do it right.
Saigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #21
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Saigo was first, I was second... I still insist the emblems are silver as Saeru and I did and not yellow as Saigo and Jantra did...

Alas I was a lazyass about adding lighting to the eyes and all (and restyling the wig every con, ahah).

Saeru is my Anti-Sora Hero. <3
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
Saeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigo View Post
Overall I suppose you have a nice idea, and since I'm not the one who sewed everything together I won't say too much...
I'm pretty sure I was one of (if not the first) first ones to premiere as Anti-Sora at a major convention in US... or atleast of those recorded online...
That was a fun Akon, though I couldnt ever get to the bathroom....
So heres my advice...
Redo the symbols on the arms a bit lighter...
when i designed mine I had to get the logo on my own through very very little images and alot of screen shots...

but i was able to get it, and your is quite close to mine, so i dont knows whos is right..

The pants remember have designs on them too... i half assed it and basically took the arm logo, put it on it's side, and used half to create that design..

I had LED goggles for the eyes, and though it looks good... at the same time it can look horrible, and ruins alot of photos. So overall I would say your method is very nice, even if it doesnt work well (too well) in darker lightings without a light source..

Reading the smoke work.. OMG I love that, that is pure brilliance, excellent.

Overall this is amazing, and very well put together.

I didnt see what the face is made of however but I would recomend you try using a Zentai suit that is full body.
Or making one yourself for just the head.

But if you have ever had the experience in a zentai suit, its one you better not be a pansy about...

Its difficult to see through( and i mean difficult), as well as the material will probably push against your eyes, and possibly squish your nose...
also getting a drink is annoying yet easy, just sip through the material, breathing is really easy...

but considering its a humanoid character that doesnt have all the qualities of a human, it may take some risks and pain to do it right.
I can't tell whether you're chastising me or complimenting me...so...ah...thank you, I think?

The symbols on the arms are already very light...any lighter and they'd disappear. Or did you mean to say there there isn't enough contrast? ^.^ The grey I used was extremely close to black, as I didn't -want- them to stand out, since Anti has such a shifty color scheme.

My pants designs were based off of his 'official' render-pic, which I realized later was only about half of the design. e.e Its very hard to peg exactly what is going on with it, I agree.

The eyes worked as well in the dark as they did in the light...
The problems that I encountered in dark locations weren't any different than the problems any costumer would experience...which was namely the lack of light. ^.^

As for the Zentai suit...we had considered it, definitely. *nods* But you're right...they squish the facial features, and that is absolutely undesirable (since Anti definitely has his features...they're just dark. ^.^).
But for the rest of the body, its a pretty good idea.

Aww...Oshi...you're going to make me blush.
Unread 09-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #23
Akibie
アリシ&amp;amp;

did you remove the back-pattern after you made the back

and just to clarify.. the back is the 3mm fomies with purple streatchy velvet liquid stitched on it, right?

(and i'm sorry i ask so many questions)

Last edited by Akibie : 09-29-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Akibie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #24
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Awesome tutorial. I read through the entire thing and I'm not even planning an Anti-Sora cosplay! :3 It's just cool to see how amazing cosplays are made.

Sometime next year my sister -may- be making a take on Peter Pan's shadow, and I think a lot of the tools in this would help, especially with the wig, shoes, and eyes!

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #25
Saeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibie View Post
did you remove the back-pattern after you made the back

and just to clarify.. the back is the 3mm fomies with purple streatchy velvet liquid stitched on it, right?

(and i'm sorry i ask so many questions)
The back pattern was just used so that I could cut it out of the foamies and the velvet. And your clarification is correct. ^.^
Don't worry about asking questions, either! ^.^ Its the best way to learn. Sorry I take so long to respond sometimes. x-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeHee View Post
Awesome tutorial. I read through the entire thing and I'm not even planning an Anti-Sora cosplay! :3 It's just cool to see how amazing cosplays are made.

Sometime next year my sister -may- be making a take on Peter Pan's shadow, and I think a lot of the tools in this would help, especially with the wig, shoes, and eyes!

I'm really glad to hear that! Best of luck to you, and if it all goes well, I'd love to see pictures. ^.^
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #26
Rhi
Green Tea clan

I'm planning on making Anti-Form Sora and your costume and the tutorials and such are so inspiring. :3 Anti Sora has facial features? Wow I didn't realize that, having only seen low-quality clips on Youtube of game footage and such. Was the mask easy to talk in?
Formal Sora- Kingdom Hearts- 100%
Aqua- Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep- 30%
Xion- Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days- 70%
Rhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #27
Saeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhi View Post
I'm planning on making Anti-Form Sora and your costume and the tutorials and such are so inspiring. :3 Anti Sora has facial features? Wow I didn't realize that, having only seen low-quality clips on Youtube of game footage and such. Was the mask easy to talk in?
He has definite facial features, from what I could tell on our screen. ^.^ My mask was actually a little streamlined, so it didn't look exactly like a face, but it served the purpose well enough.

I could talk fairly easily, although no one could hear me. *laughs* I preferred not to, also, since it broke with the character...its much easier to stay in character with a mask! Especially when people cannot see your eyes...
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:31 AM   #28
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Hello my dark friend! Great meeting you at OhayoCon! ^_^I'm still working on that Dark Link mask and I have a Dark Zelda doing the same thing! We'll be at ACEN too so we'll have to meet up! Thanks so much for your tutorial. I appreciate the inspiration and helpful info!

I'm sure we'll be back soon for more help! ^_^ Thanks again!

-InkyLink
A&G Ohio - ACEN - ColossalCon - YoumaCon
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #29
Saeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyLink View Post
Hello my dark friend! Great meeting you at OhayoCon! ^_^I'm still working on that Dark Link mask and I have a Dark Zelda doing the same thing! We'll be at ACEN too so we'll have to meet up! Thanks so much for your tutorial. I appreciate the inspiration and helpful info!

I'm sure we'll be back soon for more help! ^_^ Thanks again!

-InkyLink
I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing you again! *glee* Your Dark Link is even more impressive up close, and I'm very glad to have finally met you in person. BEST of luck with your masks, for sure!
Unread 02-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #30
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeru View Post
I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing you again! *glee* Your Dark Link is even more impressive up close, and I'm very glad to have finally met you in person. BEST of luck with your masks, for sure!
Thanks! If you bring Anti-Sora to ACEN we must get pics this time! ^_^

Thanks so much, It was such an honor! ^_^ I'll keep you posted on our progress!

-InkyLink
A&G Ohio - ACEN - ColossalCon - YoumaCon
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote