Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 04-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #1
Beverly
Emotion, yet peace...

Rydia pictures?

Does anyone happen to have or know where to find a few fairly good sized 'official' artwork pictures of Rydia, from FF 2/4 (depending on who you are. ^^)... I remember doing a Rydia costume when I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL (god, I feel old... ha ha, I was a geek when I was younger, too. ^^;; I wish I had pictures...), and it'd be fun to do one again... Only preferably with a little more information than a small, lack-detail sprite. ^^ Of course, that leaves plenty to the imagination, but, hey.

I've come across a few pictures of Amano's artwork in Google, but only a rare few of the images were still in existance =p, and they were often too small to work out any details.

I've also run into some fanart, but I don't want to go stepping on any artists toes... *O.o* Does anyone have any suggestions?
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2003, 01:19 PM   #2
Lynzie
i'm back!

http://www.ffonline.com/media/index....:ff4:rydia.jpg
http://www.ffonline.com/media/index....ges:ff4:15.jpg
http://www.ffonline.com/media/index....ages:ff4:7.jpg

I think that's all there is, other then the sprites. So sad. :\ I love Rydia.
Unread 04-24-2003, 01:43 PM   #3
DarkMgcnGirl
Dark Magic Angel ...

I plan on doing a Rydia costume eventually ... if you E-mail the artist and ask permission they might not mind if you base the costume off their art. I got permission from a Japanese artist to use some of their art to base a couple costumes off of and they were really nice about it. All I have to do is give them credit.

I haven't really seen any official art of her other then the small Amano picture that I see everywhere (and that I don't like very much).

Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

~Patti
DarkMgcnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2003, 02:13 PM   #4
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

My suggestion? Go wild! That's half the fun of doing FFVI and under cosplay ^_^. As long as you're all decked out in green I'd recognize you ^.-.

I think it's spiffy you're doing Rydia. FFIV is so undercosplayed ;_;. I want to do Edward. . .because, you know, I don't have enough FF costumes >.> <.<.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2003, 03:22 PM   #5
MordSith
victory!

FF Insider has a lot of pics from the playstation remake of FF2...
MordSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2003, 04:26 PM   #6
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

she looks like a frog-woman in the ps remake... blech.
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2003, 04:56 PM   #7
Beverly
Emotion, yet peace...

Thanks for all the help! ^^ I think I might do kind of a combo of some of the really sweet fanart that's out there, and maybe some of my own ideas.. ^^ I remember the one I did when I was younger that I had a long dress with a kickpleat and added in the long sleeves... Hairsprayed my hair green.. XD OMG. My grandma made it for me.. Man, I wish I had pictures. XD
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2003, 06:30 PM   #8
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

I'm taking aspects of a million Rydia fannarts I have on my HD that I like and compressing them into a final version, however, still encorportaing things that Amano has in his with out making her looks so manish O_O
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2003, 10:43 PM   #9
katrinastrife

By FF2, do you mean the US released FF2 (which was really FF4), or the real FF2, which we didn't get until just recently?

Actually, I was thinking of convincing my boyfriend to dress up as Setzer. ^_^ Setzer rocks! I agree--FF6 and under cosplay are quite fun! You get to go by Amano, which is pretty scary sometimes; sprites, which are itty bitty; or fanart, which is iffy. o_O Good luck, though!
Unread 04-26-2003, 03:40 AM   #10
Jinx
Making a Comeback?

Well, if you end up looking after fanart, the CG shrines has a bunch of them... plus a few screenshots

http://ironmouse.za.org/dragon/_rydia.html
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote