Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.53 average.
Unread 05-31-2007, 05:23 AM   #16
Ekatorie
Mass-murdering Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Freak View Post
Yo Ekatorie,you think this coat pattern will work for an Akatsuki coat?

Pattern #6519

And here's an offsite tutorial for making Naruto shoes.
Naruto Fleece Sandal Tutorial
Umm it could work. But how many pieces is it made of, from the picture it looks to have 2 sections to each .... errr...panel. Because it's so fitted I would probably use it for Tenten's top or something rather than an Akatsuki coat. I used the New Look pattern 6320, it's rather easy to change to your liking and you just need to ditch the hood and pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enosseleman View Post
Regarding the legwarmers, I recommend white spandex as a fabric. To prevent wear under your shoe, I used athletic tape in two layers at the bottom of the stirrup and found that you can just pull it off at the end of the day and still keep the bottom of the stirrups in great shape.
ohhh, thats a good idea. I'll stick it up. (With your name on it of course)

Akatsuki Itachi - 100%
Gaara's Gourd - 45%
Humanoid Kyuubi - 25%
ANBU - 50%
Ekatorie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-31-2007, 09:59 AM   #17
MadMichiChan

Oh yeah, that is a good idea. I wasn't looking forward to hasving to make stirrups on legwarmers again...
And when you step on the stirrups, they feel weird and lumpy under your foot if they aren't perfectly flat. :S
Unread 05-31-2007, 10:37 AM   #18
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

I actually am going to use a priest cloak pattern for Flower. Yeah, that pattern looks more like TenTen than Akatsuki. Priest or Sorcerer cloak patterns are good because they are flowy and they are flexible enough (meaning they are easy to work with and 'go with the flow') to modify you can also use that one Sasuke neck band tutorial for the collar.
Unread 05-31-2007, 04:55 PM   #19
Annie-Mei

I just used an oversize t-shirt as a base pattern. Why buy a pattern when you can just work from clothes you already have? (save money!). I just took my measurements for length and the length for the sleeves. used the current positions of the shirt to determine neck and sleeves.
Annie-Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:40 AM   #20
Ekatorie
Mass-murdering Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Mei View Post
I just used an oversize t-shirt as a base pattern. Why buy a pattern when you can just work from clothes you already have? (save money!). I just took my measurements for length and the length for the sleeves. used the current positions of the shirt to determine neck and sleeves.
Yeah, I think I said t-shirt/t-shirt patterns would work fine.

Akatsuki Itachi - 100%
Gaara's Gourd - 45%
Humanoid Kyuubi - 25%
ANBU - 50%
Ekatorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #21
nightfalcon4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Freak View Post
Yo Ekatorie,you think this coat pattern will work for an Akatsuki coat?

Pattern #6519

And here's an offsite tutorial for making Naruto shoes.
Naruto Fleece Sandal Tutorial
You may need to extend the length of the jacket...Akatsuki's jackets are really....long and are flowy...y'know?..the jackets come down to their knees (or lower) and are also very loos fitting but have a stiff collar...
nightfalcon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #22
Sanda
SH obsessed.

The clouds are not all the same. Some have the swirls in different directions~
I believe there are 7...I could be wrong?

I would also add that Tobi has that armor-y type stuff underneath. Casting the big screws and covering foam will work for his arm things :3

Lovely tutorial, you're doing it exactly like we are...nice to see some Akatsuki cosplay done right!!!
Prosthetics for our Deidara's mouths and Kakuzu's stiches, as well as Kisame's gills.

Last edited by Sanda : 07-25-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Sanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #23
Fenix42
grappling hook!

According to this picture, there's 5: one in the front, lower left and right, upper left under the arm, and one on the mid-back.

Does anyone have a good idea where to find the mouths for Deidara's hands? I'd really prefer not to draw them on...

I'm using pretty much what Tabby Catty is using as well. I'm using McCall's M4627 for the cloak. Works quite well too

Last edited by Fenix42 : 08-22-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Messed up the number for the pattern...sorry ^_^''
Fenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:10 PM   #24
Itsuki13
Cat obbsessed dark figure

wow thanks this is a really good thread. and I have some very interesting imformation, no I am not making this up because I read the manga chapters as they come out in japan. I know what village the leader is from

his name is paine and he is from the village in the rain.
if anyone who does not know this information and wants to cosplay as them this is a good picture of both Paine and the still unamed Akatsuki member who I do know has blue hair and wheres a white flower in her hair

http://www.islandne.com/online/?g2_itemId=12648

for anyone who doesn't know and wants to cosplay them ^.^ people get mad at me often for reasone I am still not aware of so please don't get mad at me for putting this info here I mean it does have to do with it. if you do get angry please don't say anything. if no one gets mad just diregard what I said about it and never speak of it again. ^.^ ok bibi

I AM NOT A FREAKY FISH GUY!!!!!
Itsuki13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #25
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

This thread is awesome- about time, lol.
Anyway, I know a lot of the headbands are now available on E-bay, but last I checked(which was yesterday, just out of curiosity, while looking for some Naruto toy for my brother), they still didn't offer all of Akatsuki's headbands. So, in another month or 2 I'm sure this will be obsolete, but I'm gonna give you the link to my headband making tutorial. Worked wonders for my Deidara headband, people kept saying how great it looked- and it is important to have the proper headband, right?... Dei or Hidan, etc. wouldn't wear a Konoha headband after all.. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=103830

I also have detailed explanations of how to make the hat look exactly like theirs(most cosplayers I've seen just wear a plain damned rice patty hat, and it ruins the outfit..), and on how to make the rings too... But I don't have any tutorials, and am too tired to type all that out right now. So, if you want me to post that stuff too, just let me know, and I'll post it tomorrow.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #26
Sanda
SH obsessed.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix84 View Post
According to this picture, there's 5: one in the front, lower left and right, upper left under the arm, and one on the mid-back.
OH MY JASHIN! That is amazing :3 Thank you so much!
Wow, do you happen to have the Kisame version of that? I'm guessing thats from the character book, in which case the others wouldn't be there. Or is this something different? Moar links please?

I was getting seven by counting the ones on the sides twice...but really everyone makes them too small D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
This thread is awesome- about time, lol.
Anyway, I know a lot of the headbands are now available on E-bay, but last I checked(which was yesterday, just out of curiosity, while looking for some Naruto toy for my brother), they still didn't offer all of Akatsuki's headbands. So, in another month or 2 I'm sure this will be obsolete, but I'm gonna give you the link to my headband making tutorial. Worked wonders for my Deidara headband, people kept saying how great it looked- and it is important to have the proper headband, right?... Dei or Hidan, etc. wouldn't wear a Konoha headband after all.. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=103830

I also have detailed explanations of how to make the hat look exactly like theirs(most cosplayers I've seen just wear a plain damned rice patty hat, and it ruins the outfit..), and on how to make the rings too... But I don't have any tutorials, and am too tired to type all that out right now. So, if you want me to post that stuff too, just let me know, and I'll post it tomorrow.
Yes please
& yes...rock ninjas would tend to wear the proper headbands, not hidden leaf ones. Common guys -_-'' Akatsuki cosplayers are always overlooked at this point for that VERY REASON.
I saw a place on ebay that's offering rock village ones...Our group is all for making everything, right down to the sole of the shoes >D so we won't be doing that. Just thought I'd put it out there~

I'm so happy :3 Finally, i've found a place with people who are in it for ACCURACY

Still don't know if its Pein romanticized as Pain or what yet ;__;
Sai will undoubtedly contort it even further just for the sake of saying his favorite word...

Last edited by Sanda : 07-29-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Sanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #27
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Huzzah! For those of you who don't know, Flower and Leader have been revealed

The thing that I'm wondering is that, not that I'm going to cosplay him, but has anyone figured out how to do his piercings, I know it involves spirit gum! Also, as an update, his headband is a rain village one with a slash.

Flower's shoes and stirrups seem different as well. Its like she has sort of high heeled platform shoes. I can also help people with her hair, its long, maybe not as long as we expected, but at least mid to high back.

Her bun thingy looks no more than a loose ponytail pinned upwards with a flower clip in the front. Hard to explain, in words, but yeah.
Unread 07-29-2007, 11:47 PM   #28
The Mer

I second any Kisame artbook pictures. I'm gonna end up making Akatsuki rings for my Itachi and I because our fingers aren't exactly 2cm. I am also the designated Naruto sandal maker for our group and I'm thinking that for the Akatsuki's, I will carve an indentation into the sandal bottom so that the stirrup will not cause discomfort while walking.
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #29
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Okay, here's the best explanation I could come up with for the hat...

First off, I don't recommend anyone try to make the hat itself.. Just buy one in Chinatown or online, because I really analyzed mine and well, it would take mad skillz and tons of time to do...

I bought a plain straw 'rice patty' hat in Chinatown, but they sell them all over online too. Some are super small, or have raised up pieces(used for design) though, so make sure you don't buy those.

I bought white material, because after all, rice paper wouldn't hold up to the wear and tear of cosplaying. Make sure unlike me, you buy high quality material though!! I recommend that when you cut each strip of material though, to sew along the edges, to prevent fraying. I didn't, and my mother made me buy cheap material too, so I'm continuously having to trim the frayed edges. Don't let that happen to you.
Anyways, I put the hat on my head, and then marked off with tape exactly where I wanted the material to start on each side. I didn't want to glue on too many strips, and then have them cover too much of the hat and cover my face... Try the hat on, measure, and mark off the two ends of where the strips will go up to.
Then I turned over the hat, put it on newspapers, and used super glue to glue on the material. I had to measure it carefully, so they didn't overlap when the hat was turned back over, but so there wasn't a big gap either. I did it in sections, since the hat is round, to make sure every piece dried properly. It took about 1 1/2 days dong it that way.

Then, I bought thick dark red thread. Beads too- I bought a pack of wooden ones, and also 2 silver ones. I threaded a wood bead, then a bell onto the thread, and tied it off, then a little higher up put a large and small wood bead(with a knot right below, so they stayed separate from the bell), and near the top I put a silver one, with a knot above it and below it. All the beads were in place, so I took a Christmas tree hook, and necklace hook/clasp. I knotted the thread all around the necklace thing, and once that was secure, I wrapped the hook around it(because it was long enough to hold that, and be poked into the hat), and I took the other end and jammed it through the hat, right behind the brim, and near the front. It wound up looking just like the hook that holds the bell chain for Akatsuki's hats.

Then I bought black felt, and carefully cut two big pieces. You'll need to play around with the size and shape of these pieces. Once it covered the top of the hat, I trimmed it a little, and then carefully superglued it to the top. PERFECT HAT.

So yeah, just follow this the best you can. I wish I had pics, but sorry, I don't!

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #30
Sanda
SH obsessed.

Talking

Thanks so much for the tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any good reference pictures?

I'll do the beading as you suggest :3 & I'll be referencing that ALOT.

Anyone know where to get the Golieth contacts for cheap!? CHeapest I've seen is 210
Others have them for 495 ;___;
http://sfxeyecolor.net/images/custom...lieth23057.jpg
http://sfxeyecolor.net/customS.shtml