Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.59 average.
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #31
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Well, it wasn't really a tutorial... It's kinda too crappy to be considered a tutorial. And because I don't have a digital camera, and my mother didn't want me to waste pictures in a reg one, I don't have any reference pictures of when I was in the process of making it. All I have is a few pictures of me with the hat, and I don't know if that'll do you any good, even though one is a close up, with the hat on my head. Should be the first pic I have of my Deidara cosplay, in my gallery, if you actually wanna see it and think it'll help... Sorry I don't have better pics!!

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #32
Fenix42
grappling hook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI_grl View Post
OH MY JASHIN! That is amazing :3 Thank you so much!
Wow, do you happen to have the Kisame version of that? I'm guessing thats from the character book, in which case the others wouldn't be there. Or is this something different? Moar links please?

I was getting seven by counting the ones on the sides twice...but really everyone makes them too small D:
Yeah, I would guess it was from the character book as well. Sadly, I don't have any more scans of it.

I've been using that scan and taking screenshots of episodes to find good shots of the clouds.

Aurora Maryte: Thanks for the description on how you did the hat! I now remember what I was forgetting on the tassel: The bell...oops ^_^''

I noticed that you can now find some of the rings on ebay, although when I got my Deidara ring, it was red, not blue. I don't think it will matter a heck of a lot, but still.

Last edited by Fenix42 : 07-30-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Fenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 11:54 PM   #33
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Yeah, for some reason all the rings that are mass-produced are red, just like Itachi's. I was gonna buy mine, but knew how to make it, and so decided to buy the blue-green paint and just make it as authentic as possible. But.. I think looking back that I would've preferred just buying the red one. Who looks at the rings anyways? I'll post my explanation for making the rings up here tomorrow though- along with a tutorial that a friend made and that I sort of half-assedly followed.

And you're welcome for the hat explanation!

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 01:38 AM   #34
The Mer

Hm... I thought all of the Akatsuki rings were red? Deidara's just meant "blue-green". Either way I feel that even the smallest detail, such the ring (which some don't even bother with) make a difference.
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:13 AM   #35
Sanda
SH obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix84 View Post
Yeah, I would guess it was from the character book as well. Sadly, I don't have any more scans of it.
Aw ;__;! Oh well...that's okay. Anyone else have them? That one is fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mer View Post
Hm... I thought all of the Akatsuki rings were red? Deidara's just meant "blue-green". Either way I feel that even the smallest detail, such the ring (which some don't even bother with) make a difference.
Dei's is blue...I think Kisame's is yellow or something. Yea on costumes that are WAY overcosplayed details count. It's what will get you noticed. And it's what will distinguish you from all the others who just buy 100% of their costume and end up being inaccurate ;__;!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
Well, it wasn't really a tutorial... It's kinda too crappy to be considered a tutorial. And because I don't have a digital camera, and my mother didn't want me to waste pictures in a reg one, I don't have any reference pictures of when I was in the process of making it. All I have is a few pictures of me with the hat, and I don't know if that'll do you any good, even though one is a close up, with the hat on my head. Should be the first pic I have of my Deidara cosplay, in my gallery, if you actually wanna see it and think it'll help... Sorry I don't have better pics!!
PSH don't say that! It was great. And I'm so glad you pointed out how to make them properly. I checked out your gallery *im headed over there again right now* and WOW! The hat is fabulous :3 You really are an inspiration! I actually think I'll be going to a bead store in the mall later to see if they have beads that would work...if not then maybe the craft store. I really gotta find some good pictures of it!!!

I'm thinking I'm going to use linen on the strips to make it interesting. See, our group is going all out on the materials (I'm talking dupioni, velvet, possibly canvas) so we like the unusual things. I'm thinking we should wrap the Samehada in linen at this point (if our Kisame likes it of course!) so the it would be neat to have the hats have that touch to them as well. On the hats, they'd be hemmed but on the Samehada I think Sean is just going to tear the pieces...

I think I might officially be addicted to this thread ._. uhoh...

And the contacts...anyone know where to get them for cheap?
http://sfxeyecolor.net/images/custom...lieth23057.jpg
http://sfxeyecolor.net/customS.shtml
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:35 AM   #36
ningyobaka
digidork

Quote:

that just makes me sad. i wish i could wear contacts, for my kisame costume. :'(. they even have them on that link you listed. oh well. i plan to make my ring. and i sadly have to cut down my sword. it won't even fit in my car at the moment. :P.
ningyobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #37
Fenix42
grappling hook!

Quote:
Dei's is blue...I think Kisame's is yellow or something. Yea on costumes that are WAY overcosplayed details count. It's what will get you noticed. And it's what will distinguish you from all the others who just buy 100% of their costume and end up being inaccurate ;__;!
Excellent point. As of now, the ring is the only thing I've bought pre-made, I guess. It wouldn't be hard to fix the color, though. So I don't mind doing that at all.

Speaking on details, any tips on making the scope that Deidara has? I'm planning on making it, even though I'll be walking around the con blind (I wear glasses and contacts irriate my eyes).
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #38
Marika

Quote:
The clouds are not all the same. Some have the swirls in different directions~
I believe there are 7...I could be wrong?

I would also add that Tobi has that armor-y type stuff underneath. Casting the big screws and covering foam will work for his arm things :3

Lovely tutorial, you're doing it exactly like we are...nice to see some Akatsuki cosplay done right!!!
Prosthetics for our Deidara's mouths and Kakuzu's stiches, as well as Kisame's gills.

The clouds are not only not the same, but, if you look at the model sheets & screenshots for Itachi, the highest one on his back faces in a different direction than all the others. If the coats are all the same, then the topmost cloud on the back will go in the opposite direction from the rest of them. There's 6-7 of them (depending on if you count the split one in the front as one or two).

Hope that is of a help to detail-fiends (like myself).
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #39
ningyobaka
digidork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix84 View Post
Excellent point. As of now, the ring is the only thing I've bought pre-made, I guess. It wouldn't be hard to fix the color, though. So I don't mind doing that at all.

Speaking on details, any tips on making the scope that Deidara has? I'm planning on making it, even though I'll be walking around the con blind (I wear glasses and contacts irriate my eyes).
how are you planing to fix your color?
Unread 07-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #40
The Mer

Quote:

The links are not working for me. It might be because I'm at work. Are they white contacts? If not, what ones are they?

And I'm basing my ring color on this picture: http://www.saiyanisland.com/naruto/i...atsukiring.gif

I may end up watching the episodes with Itachi and Kisame just to make sure of any details I do need.

Also wanted to say for my Kisame, I'm probably not gonna do prosthetics for the gills but I did find something interesting. This stuff caleld Liquid Collodion. It made my skin pretty indented. I'll reapply the stuff and take pics to show ya guys if you are interested.

Last edited by The Mer : 07-31-2007 at 12:41 PM.
The Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 01:05 PM   #41
ningyobaka
digidork

Quote:

And I'm basing my ring color on this picture: http://www.saiyanisland.com/naruto/i...atsukiring.gif

Also wanted to say for my Kisame, I'm probably not gonna do prosthetics for the gills but I did find something interesting. This stuff caleld Liquid Collodion. It made my skin pretty indented. I'll reapply the stuff and take pics to show ya guys if you are interested.
you should do prosthetics for the gills. i just finished one of mine last night. . it still needs to be painted mind you but i think they turned out pretty good, considering what i made them out of. i used the same stuff i use to make costume prosthetics for my dolls.
Unread 07-31-2007, 01:48 PM   #42
The Mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ningyobaka View Post
you should do prosthetics for the gills. i just finished one of mine last night. . it still needs to be painted mind you but i think they turned out pretty good, considering what i made them out of. i used the same stuff i use to make costume prosthetics for my dolls.
Well, we'll see how they turn out. But for yours, what are you using? I also have dolls but haven't moded them so I might know what it is...

Also, this was me messing around with the liquid collodion in my girlfriend's bathroom when I got the stuff: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ogress/Kisame/

Pay no attention to the Itachi mark. It was to show my Itachi what it could do for her.
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:04 PM   #43
ningyobaka
digidork

Quote:
Well, we'll see how they turn out. But for yours, what are you using? I also have dolls but haven't moded them so I might know what it is...

Also, this was me messing around with the liquid collodion in my girlfriend's bathroom when I got the stuff: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ogress/Kisame/

Pay no attention to the Itachi mark. It was to show my Itachi what it could do for her.
well actualy i'm sure everyone on this site knows what i used to make my gills. model magic. .

went to sleep with a pice on my cheek where the gills needed to go. it dried to my face. and poped right off the next morning in the shape of my cheek. and i added the gills last night after dinner. going to get paste to blend it into my skin on the edges. .

i use it to mod my dolls the same way. it dries to them, comes off easily for painting and all that. and easily stuck back one with tacky glue to the dolls, and the tacky glue washes off. . i'm gonna use spirit gum to hold the gills to my face.
Unread 07-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #44
The Mer

Alright.. I actually didn't know.. I'm not one for make up. I'm the "props person" in my group. I'm gonna be experimenting with two things. The liquid collodion and facial wax/putty with fixative a. I got 3 different brands to try - Mehron, Ben Nye and Kryolan. it's your basic facial putty but the fixative a makes it keep it's form since I don't have an oven...

The model magic would probably work well for me during the fall or winter. I say this cause I don't have a/c and the me + model magic while I sleep + no a/c would probably not allow it to properly work.. but I will think about it in the future if I got something like this again.
Unread 07-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #45
Fenix42
grappling hook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ningyobaka View Post
how are you planing to fix your color?
I was thinking of just painting over it and remaking the symbol/character on top of that. Easiest way I can think of.