Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Unread 05-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
aoisakura
=^._.^=

Places to buy good wigs in UK?

I have a perfect wig picked out for my July cosplay, but even though I still have nearly 2 months I'm not 100% sure the seller is going to make it reach me in time (The feedback is a bit uncertain, it seems alot of wigs took atleast a month to get to the person >_<) and I want a back up plan if it falls through (So if I don't get it by July 1st, I can buy another wig) I'm not too sure Cosworx or Amphigory would get to me in time for it (22nd) so I was wondering if anyone has bought good quality wigs from a UK shop/seller (So it will get to me within 2 weeks or so) which wasn't like £100+ like I've seen most good wigs from UK at ._. (and not halloween quality, I don't seem to find the medium quality that Cosworx etc sell here in UK)

Last edited by aoisakura : 05-29-2007 at 01:07 AM.
aoisakura is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
PrinceMark

To be honest m'dear it is very difficult to find a UK seller with high quality wigs.

Try Vogue Wigs on Ebay.co.uk. Mostly womens so I have never used them, but they look nice and high quality.

Hope you get it sorted in time.
PrinceMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
aoisakura
=^._.^=

Oh wow yeah thanks looks like they get to people in the UK in a matter of days and they seem to have a decent choice for decent amout of money I'll keep them in mind incase the other wig dosn't turn up

(Btw I saw you @ MCM last weekend great costume ^^b)
Unread 05-29-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
Angelphie
Angelic Selphie

I think CosWorx's shipping is usually fast, but bit of a risk still. Check out all the decent ebay sellers, even the international ones - most have an estimated timeframe for postage, and you can always email them and ask about paying a bit more for faster shipping option. I got a wig from handmadebeauty within a week when I needed a wig in a rush, so I'd recommend taking a look at their store.
Angelphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

zhenna0036 on ebay is a chinese seller, but still get it to you pretty quickly. I think I got my wig in just over a week. They have a fair collection of wigs on ebay, but they're lacking in some colours (blonde, especially)
Unread 06-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #6
Ritsuko
Rampant Cosplayer

I was in Camden last weekend, and saw some okay wigs, but nothing overly fantastic. I know in the states that cosworx is incredibly fast (my friend buys from them) Maybe you can write them and explain and they can tell you how fast they can ship it?
Ritsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

Cosworx shipping is ridiculously expensive in the UK. It's $20, which is more than half the price of alot of the wigs they have. That's also assuming you don't get stung by customs charges.
Unread 06-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #8
Ritsuko
Rampant Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CezzaXV View Post
Cosworx shipping is ridiculously expensive in the UK. It's $20, which is more than half the price of alot of the wigs they have. That's also assuming you don't get stung by customs charges.
erg. . . didn't know that! probably not the best choice in this case then. . . *sweatdrop*
Ritsuko is offline   Reply With Quote