Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Columbus Cosplay Gathering

Unread 05-31-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
jules_yzak_duel

MatsuriCon

Any one going and if so, is it a good con?
jules_yzak_duel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-31-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Lome-chan
Rabid Narutard

I'm hoping to go, but right now I'm not sure. XD I've never been to it.

Any ideas on who I could cosplay as? If so, please message me right away!

"I think I'm German-Japanese living Mexican-Japan with Japanese government issued pesos."
Lome-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
kalajessta
Chevalier

I'm planning on going, but I didn't attend last year.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
jules_yzak_duel

It's just that I don't know how good it will be. I've been to Anime Punch.. and I thought that was an aweful convention. But then when we went to Ohayo con it was good. So I just want to know whats up. Also the forums on the websites are down. That worries me.
jules_yzak_duel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
gama-sennin

hey all. I plan on going since it is about 2 miles away from my apartment. i didn't get to go to the previous year. i know it is going to be a small con (but really, what can beat Ohayocon in size here in central ohio)? AP! could have been a whole lot better, but it was still fun.
let me know if you may go.

Join the DAS!
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules_yzak_duel View Post
It's just that I don't know how good it will be. I've been to Anime Punch.. and I thought that was an aweful convention. But then when we went to Ohayo con it was good. So I just want to know whats up. Also the forums on the websites are down. That worries me.
Ikasu Con's forums are down as well. It doesn't always mean it's a bad thing.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 02:25 AM   #7
Strawberry3

um

first I've heard of it, but I don't get out much. well it is only about an hour and a half from my place so I might go if college doesn't get in the way.
Strawberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #8
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

I'll most likely be going since the con is only 30min away from where I live. I understand where everyone's coming from though. I didn't go last year but the con will most likely be pretty small. I didn't attend AP this year but I did last year and I had a blast! So small cons aren't necessarily a bad thing

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
Sekai
The Hyper Black Neko

I plan on going, but this will be the first time I have gone. I know someone who organizes the Con actually. I haven't had the time to talk to them though. The site is down for remodeling and such, along with the forums. They should be back up soon.
Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #10
Uchiha Sakura
Uchiha obsessed!!!

i'm going to be going. I have not been to this con like everyone else has said. lol. the forums being down wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that they have been down for what seems like all of May and part of April. Anyways, so what will every one have with them?

I'll have:
Summoner Yuna
Haruno Sakura
Misa (maybe)
Kairi KH2 (maybe)

anybody know anything that they are doing at the con? the only other small con i have been to was AP. Isn't Matsuricon a bit expencive, $30 for preregistaration? I know Ohayocon was $30 at one point in preregistration but for a small con?
Costumes in progress , Wedding Ashe (FF 12), Black Rock Shooter (Vocaloid), Rinoa (FF 8), Heine (Dogs: Bullets and Carnage)
Uchiha Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #11
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sakura View Post
i'm going to be going. I have not been to this con like everyone else has said. lol. the forums being down wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that they have been down for what seems like all of May and part of April. Anyways, so what will every one have with them?

I'll have:
Summoner Yuna
Haruno Sakura
Misa (maybe)
Kairi KH2 (maybe)

anybody know anything that they are doing at the con? the only other small con i have been to was AP. Isn't Matsuricon a bit expencive, $30 for preregistaration? I know Ohayocon was $30 at one point in preregistration but for a small con?

Hello Roomate ^^

Hmmm...I think $30 sounds about right. If I remember correctly I paid $30 for AP and that was a small con. I really don't think thats a bad price. Well just have to make up for it by getting alot of people into our room ^^

If you live close by, I think the con would be worth going. If you have a long drive, than I wouldn't risk it since its only its second year?? I think? I actually like the atmosphere of a small con. Its easier to meet people and no long lines!!! Yay! It just seems more close nit if ya know what I mean. Thats just my opinion though.

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%

Last edited by Amaya : 06-05-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #12
Hyuuga Tenten
Cleverness is not Wisdom

Yah I'll be going to it and the only con I've been to is Ohayocon, I hope I enjoy it ^_^.

SugoiSugoi: Lets not try to too many in the room.... ^_^ altough the floor is comfey .....

"Do not go where the path may lead, go insted where there is no path and leave a trail."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
Hyuuga Tenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
Lady
Sexy vonSexpants

Things to keep in mind about Matsuricon 2007. Whether they are good or bad is up to you to decide for yourself.

1. This is the convention's second year. (It was April/May of 2006 for its first year)
2. It is a VERY. SMALL. CON. Numbers may grow for this year, but I wouldn't expect more than 500 people to attend.
3. Matsuricon is not about anime or video games so much as it is about Japanese culture.

Last year they faced the unfortunate situation of their host hotel double booking everything for another convention and, about two weeks before the con, were shuffled off to another hotel that was ill prepared for dealing with your typical anime fan crowd. (Additionally, the hotel was, well, not the cleanest and best built. There was a large dent in one of our walls and the ceiling in one viewing room was VERY visibly slanted. However, I doubt they will use that hotel again.)

So if you want a new, small convention focusing on Japanese culture, you may have found the con of your dreams!

If, however, you want a con that's an all-purpose convention of medium size (@ 5,000 - Ohayocon) that has been around for many years, then you would be disappointed in Matsuricon.
Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #14
IzumiContraband
It's body temperature-nya

I went to Matsuricon 1 last year, and I had an absolute blast. Small or large, an anime convention is an anime convention--there's always something to do and good company to be found. I plan on showing up this next time around, too.

The venue last time around was terrible (I'm still picking bits of dirty whatsit out of my stockings...I blame the scuzzy carpet), but like Lady said, I doubt they'll ever use it again.

See you all there!
Unread 06-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #15
Lolita
This is Me!!

I WENT TO MATSURICON LAST YEAR!!!

*FLASH BACK *
Its totally a douche free convention. The staffers last year where hilarious and fun. My friends and I probably had the most fun hangingout with them and talking to them than any con. They were really sweet and they didnt yell at us or make fun of us or anything like that. They are really awsome pawsome people. They had the best badges ever because they were necklaces!! Kinda what you would get from a VIP concert. totally A+
The panels were fun too.
Only as Matsuricon have a won a prize from jumping up and down in a Bear suite!!
Oh and i made great friends there too
They tought me how to use glue stick properly and how to use them properly.
I think thats the only con where I liked the staffers so much that I actually buy pocky and pop for them lol
Plus i meet my great from at thsi con to because I was bugging her (Vash Cosplayer) for her dodonuts.
I remeber the rave being awsome.
They had an adorable band too
the lead singer gave me a flashing light and I still have it.
I just remeber having a great time there.
I am not going to diss any cons other cons but
The joy you have at cons is in your own hands and they make it easy to enjoy.

I cant wait

Im so excited ^_^
Lolita is offline   Reply With Quote