Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 06-02-2007, 05:49 AM   #1
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

GenCon Brisbane

So... who's going? And does anyone know what we can expect there?

I'll definitely be there for two of the days, but work commitments will probably stop me from making it to all four days.

Last edited by Melanie : 06-02-2007 at 05:53 AM.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

Yeah I'll be there! ^_^ Being all ninja'y!

It's an international Convention, we hope it will be good! It had better be good, we need a good convention in Brisbane! Animania is such a lame excuse for a convention.

But there seems to be a lot of Table-top games there. There are video games but *Shrugs* We shall see. I don't know what to expect. But Here is hoping its good.

Like Melanie, I'll definitely be there two of the days. But who knows what the future may hold. I may be able to make it all four days, but then I may not. Depends on if I get this apprenticeship or not.

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Well I'll deffinately be there *nod* Will more then likely get there all 4 days. Unless something occurs, though for now I plan on being there all the days.

I don't know much about it cept the fact that it will deffinately be around til 2010. They will decide weither to stay or not after 2010 so we got to set an impression!
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 04:14 AM   #4
0mgramen_

Yayy!!!

Lol I've never cosplayed before! And always wanted to try it out. Brisbane's Supanova came and I WAS SO UNPREAPARED! I could have went as Marlen Wallace [Advent Children], or Hinata [Naruto]. But both cosplay's needed work on and I only had 2dys ;D! Anyway i didn't end up going.
Anyway next year i will be SOO PREPARED ;D! I'll be going as Sakura Haruno [Naruto]! Mummy's making my cosplay ^^, but my mum wnt get started until this August ! And if i get enough people from my school to join me i may do a skit or a street preformance ^_^!
0mgramen_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2007, 03:50 AM   #5
Mittenkitten
Feels like a winner!

-is also excited about GenCon-

I'm not sure how many days I can go for yet, seeing as I'm still in high-school (senior next year X3) and have super-strict parents...

But I'll probably be Demyx there. Or another Org XIII member. Or (hopefully) Miles Edgeworth.
Mittenkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
Jequila
Too busy

I'll definitely be going, but how many days depends on work and uni. I'm really curious to see how good it will be. As an international con, my expectations are high!
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
Fenix_tamer1
Ruthless X

im gonna try and go for all 4 days, it depends if work doesnt fire me b4 then haha, but i shall be going, no matter wat!!!!!!!!!!
my mate wants to cum with me to the expo and i cant wait! I SO WANNA GO AS SASUKE! So look out for me there! heres my bebo for whoever wants to chat bout it http://www.bebo.com/ShadowMasterKaiKou

lol
Fenix_tamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #8
Fenix_tamer1
Ruthless X

im am soooo goin, my mate mite be able to come with me, if he is i'll be makin him dress up (haha) but it'll be hard to pic for him, i think im goin as inuyasha or sasuke kun but i still have to make my mind up
Fenix_tamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:04 AM   #9
BexieJ

i'll be there. it will give me an AWESOME excuse to avoid work for the weekend XD
and it will also give me a reason to practice my skills on some new costumes ^_^ *is still a cosplay noob*
BexieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:22 AM   #10
Jequila
Too busy

Anyone know anything about if they're going to have a cosplay contest, and if we can do skits there?
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #11
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

Apparently there will be. I haven't heard much about it though.

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 12:29 AM   #12
--Ra--
Now in 4 new flavors!

I'll probably be there for a day or two. It will be interesting to check out, at least.
--Ra-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 02:50 AM   #13
Tom

Hi. I am running the Anime and Cosplay events at GenCon this year on behalf of SMASH! (Sydney Manga and Anime Show) I apologise for the delay in getting all the cosplay info up for you to view. Its a bit of a logistical challenge, what with us being in other states, and it not actually being my convention. Fortunately though everything is almost entirely done and I hope to have everything viewable online by the start of May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequila View Post
Anyone know anything about if they're going to have a cosplay contest, and if we can do skits there?
Yes - definitely

If anyone has any questions you can post them here or email me at tom@smash.org.au I can't say too much about the plans but I am happy to hear any queries or suggestions you might have.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #14
BrokenBlackWolf
Professional Cinderella

I'll be coming all four days... ^_^ and cosplaying as well... I won't tell you what they are... but you certainly won't be able to miss me
BrokenBlackWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #15
CPOK
Natural born Nutcase

I will be going as well. Donno if I will be cosplaying, but you won't be able to miss me selling pocky tho.