Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Desse
Adepta Sororitas

Warhammar 40K

Anyone else out there that plays or has cosplayed something from the 40K universe? I've managed to bribe my (non costuming) husband into learning how to make things out of wonderflex and the like by promising to make him a 40K Commissar costume AND a Sisters of Battle costume for myself. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5...oness048lb.jpg I'll be mixing and matching pieces from models and pics that I like, but this is going to be the base for my costume.

Thoughts? Any 40K players out there who have a prefered paint scheme they'd like to suggest or details that they feel absolutely must be included?
Rule #104- Our loyal and honorable members of the Adeptes Astartes are to be referred to as Space Marines, not "Spam in a can"
2008 Costumes
Human form Homura from Karas - Adjusting the pattern
Super Secret Costume Con 2009 masquerade entry - Planning
40K Commissar - Planning

Desse is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Manafae

I saw an Eldar Farseer once at Anime North - two years back, I believe. He did an awesome conical helmet out of paper mache and painted it all in the traditional craftworld colours (whatever one it is that uses the seer council and all).

40K cosplays should (in my opinion) be entirely done to your preference. Pick your favourite colour scheme, your favourite items/wargear, your favourite everything.
Manafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
SvK

That will be a very impressive costume once it is completed. I think you should add some purity seals to the armor and write in humorous accomplishments.
SvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Ironekilz

Awesome! My sister's working on an Inquisitor costume.
Unread 06-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Desse
Adepta Sororitas

As someone who doesn't play 40K myself, I don't really have any favorite items, gear, or colors... though I sincerely hope I'll be recognizable. Purity seals with accomplishments huh? And Ironekilz, do you have any pictures of her progress? I wouldn't mind seeing what other people are doing if only to give me ideas. ^^; Thanks everyone!
Rule #104- Our loyal and honorable members of the Adeptes Astartes are to be referred to as Space Marines, not "Spam in a can"
2008 Costumes
40K Commissar - Planning

Unread 06-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Cpl.Shepard
my costumes are Yawn

I want to do an Armageddon steel legion imperial guardsman, since it's based off real world stuff I know exactly how to do it, my money is currently going to my stuff for Otakon though, so It'll be awhile

Flint- G.I.Joe Real American Hero
Colonial Marine- Aliens
Cobus Ventur- District 9
Cpl.Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!

hehe, 40k cosplays...This makes me want to see a Broodlord cosplay done, or a Quad Suit Biovore
Renamon (Digimon), Fruitsalad, Jeanette new face
Joey_AKA_LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Some time I'd like to do an Emperor cosplay. =x

Currently lacking the cash for materials.

And Jojo? Holy crap, man. Nice to see you.

(Val from RPGC)

Support your local Paladins and Vampire Slayers.

Team Awesome, Wolf Pack Elite, and Awesome Industries

Current Works in Progress:
Mathias Cronqvist: Castlevania, Lament of Innocence
???Richter Belmont: Castlevania, Harmony of Despair
???Smoke: Mortal Kombat 3

BayushiKachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
Zonaphobe
Lollylops

I'm planning a Gregor Eisenhorn costume for sometime in the future, it'll take alot of work but it'd look amazing if done perfectly, and I'm going to base it on the 40 year old Eisenhorn from the novel rather than the 800 something year old one from the game...for those of you not familiar with the character (those who havn't played Inquisitor or don't read black library books) here's a picture (sorry this is the biggest picture I can find, click to enlarge)... http://www.sprintbooks.co.uk/scripts...560&source=K84

If anyone ever cosplays an Ork Warboss send me the picture and I will actually marry you

And Desse, that costume will look proper smexy when done

Last edited by Zonaphobe : 06-06-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Zonaphobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #10
SvK

http://www.exlibrismortis.org/exlibr...A_elite04.html
Here is an Assault Marine with several purity seals. They are the slips of paper held on with little red circles. The red bits are supposed to look like the wax seals that important people used to seal letters with. Since this figure is only an inch or two tall, his purity seals only have one word each. You could write soemthing more extensive, like:
"Tenacity: Camped out for six hours to see the first showing of Spider-Man 2"
or
"For honor and valor in battle against the traitorous and barbaric legions of Mordor."

http://208.49.84.50/buggo/fan/Dorkdav-Video.wmv
Apparently Zonaphobe has to marry some guy named "Dorkdav"

I made an Imperial Guardsman's LasGun for a contest, but it needs work.

Last edited by SvK : 06-06-2007 at 08:41 PM.
SvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #11
Ironekilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse View Post
As someone who doesn't play 40K myself, I don't really have any favorite items, gear, or colors... though I sincerely hope I'll be recognizable. Purity seals with accomplishments huh? And Ironekilz, do you have any pictures of her progress? I wouldn't mind seeing what other people are doing if only to give me ideas. ^^; Thanks everyone!
I don't have any pictures personally, but I saw her take some progress pics which she said she was going to upload on here at some point. I'll prod her so she does it sooner rather than later. Her screenname is Llanyia.
Unread 06-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #12
Zonaphobe
Lollylops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvK View Post
http://208.49.84.50/buggo/fan/Dorkdav-Video.wmv
Apparently Zonaphobe has to marry some guy named "Dorkdav"
Well, i guess a deal's a deal.
Zonaphobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #13
Desse
Adepta Sororitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvK View Post
http://www.exlibrismortis.org/exlibr...A_elite04.html
Here is an Assault Marine with several purity seals. They are the slips of paper held on with little red circles. The red bits are supposed to look like the wax seals that important people used to seal letters with. Since this figure is only an inch or two tall, his purity seals only have one word each. You could write soemthing more extensive, like:
"Tenacity: Camped out for six hours to see the first showing of Spider-Man 2"
or
"For honor and valor in battle against the traitorous and barbaric legions of Mordor."
Thanks ^^; Though it'll probably end up being something like this Tenacity: Camped out six hours for the release party of Mistborn, the first book in a series, by Brandon Sanderson, a new author. (Only one other book out) Hey, it's an awesome book and I wanted a numbered copy! And other people came too... just 4 hours later than me...
2008 Costumes
40K Commissar - Planning

Unread 06-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #14
Llanyia

Hi. ^_~ It's really cool you're doing Warhammer 40K costumes. I think they'll be awesome. ^_~ As Ironekilz said, I'm doing a Warhammer 40K Inquisitor Lord costume. I haven't finished it yet, but I have started construction on various parts of it. Here's a picture of the miniature I'm using as inspiration, just in a different color scheme:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...isitorlord.gif

The color scheme I'm going for is red for the armor, brown for the cloak and loincloths, and cream for the lining material. Also, I've posted some progress photos of the work I'm doing in my gallery if you want to take a look. I've done more than what I have pictures up for right now, but I hope to have some more up soon.
Unread 06-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #15
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

I'm thinking of working on a 40k Cadian costume but I have so many other projects at the moment!

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote