Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 06-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

Take that! Phoenix Wright @ AFest!

What are we going to do to top the A-kon photoshoot awesomeness?

Photoshoot is a given, a pajama party is fine too.

Discuss.

*ETA* if the PJ party had a planned Blue Badger theme it would be even better. Because the Blue Badger is awesome. I bet I could throw together a Maggie in civvies just for that (obviously BB-related things would not be REQUIRED but would be CUTE and FUN)

Last edited by Ali-kun : 06-05-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Ali-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
Paulie1980
Red Mage Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-kun View Post
I bet I could throw together a Maggie in civvies just for that
You mean MAGGYE? Did you not solve that case? :P

I'm digging a BB theme PJ party... I'm working on designs for a life-size BB for the photoshoot, probably not animated though (he looks like he's doing something naughty!). That and a young Phoenix outfit for one day, prolly the day of the shoot. What sucks is that PW3 comes out Sept 5 and when's A-Fest, Sept 3rd? I totally wanted to play it at the con!!!

Anyway, a photoshoot location should be decided too. I forget the layout of the hotel (is it the Hyatt?) so recomendations are welcome.

I'm also thinking a jam box w/ PW music. I wanted to do that at A-kon but couldn't put it together in time.
Everything else: Paulie1980
Paulie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

I ADMIT IT, I DID IT D:

I did solve that case, I'm just a retard XD;; I'll leave that up there so everyone can laugh at me. Besides, you spelled it wrong too, it's Maggey! SO THERE!

I have never been to that particular hotel, so we'll have to get location recommendations from somewhere else. Some friends of friends staff there regularly, so they may have some ideas, I'll ask.

I DID have a set of ipod speakers that I was going to set up at the A-kon photoshoot, but they're borked (need to call back customer support and just have them let me return the things, bah) and the internal rechargable battery...doesn't work. And there were no wall outlets in the area we chose for the shoot, whoops! By AFest hopefully I should have working speakers, though of course if you have a good setup as well there's no problem with that! (Hmm, connect them together for some surround sound y/n? ;3) Heh, but only if there's a good location that's not going to be bothersome if we have music, or too loud to even HEAR our music.
Unread 06-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
Paulie1980
Red Mage Extraordinaire

Quote:
Heh, but only if there's a good location that's not going to be bothersome if we have music, or too loud to even HEAR our music.
I'm guessing more of the latter. Even so, we can jam tunes during the PJ Party. How do those work, by the way, as I've never been to one. Do you hang in the hotel lobby in PJs or in a room? Do we play Twister or Spin the Bottle? Pillow fight? 7 minutes of Heaven?
Unread 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
shiri_tori
Bad Apple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie1980 View Post
I'm guessing more of the latter. Even so, we can jam tunes during the PJ Party. How do those work, by the way, as I've never been to one. Do you hang in the hotel lobby in PJs or in a room? Do we play Twister or Spin the Bottle? Pillow fight? 7 minutes of Heaven?
Uhh, well we should start of with some board games first--or something simple like that--we seemed to hang in the general area for the KH/FF Pj party--but a room, may be better--though if in open space, we could gather more people--me and my Maya are already planning our PJs--we were talking to the Lana Skye on L.J. about it-- she's going to have Steel samurai purple ones, and I'm getting silk ones--I guess it'd be pretty fun if we could have an in-character game of twister...

Now Proud Member of Memento Mori Cosplay troupe!
shiri_tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Paulie1980
Red Mage Extraordinaire

Please ask Lana Skye if I can have contact info. I had fun hanging out with her and her friend Ema Skye (I know her name but I can't spell it!!). I'd like to keep in touch with you guys cause I had a really good time eating lunch at the mall with Lana/Ema x 2/Minaki/tall Phoenix with the cards and walking around Friday/Sat with you Fey sisters.

And I was kidding about the spin the bottle stuff... maybe. :P

EDIT!: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...5&member=28008 That's my photo gallery with some pics from the shoot. I dunno if I posted that yet.

Last edited by Paulie1980 : 06-05-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Unread 06-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

Arrgh I wrote a post and accidentally hit a link and when I went back it was gone ;_;

Keep on kidding about spin the bottle, because it's boring. Unless you're using a bottle to randomize victim selection for a more interesting game like truth or dare (which is only interesting if you have creative people playing, but I'm sure that can be arranged XD)
Unread 06-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #8
shiri_tori
Bad Apple!

Quote:
Please ask Lana Skye if I can have contact info. I had fun hanging out with her and her friend Ema Skye (I know her name but I can't spell it!!). I'd like to keep in touch with you guys cause I had a really good time eating lunch at the mall with Lana/Ema x 2/Minaki/tall Phoenix with the cards and walking around Friday/Sat with you Fey sisters.

And I was kidding about the spin the bottle stuff... maybe. :P

EDIT!: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...5&member=28008 That's my photo gallery with some pics from the shoot. I dunno if I posted that yet.
Oh, I have no contact stuff on her what so ever... My friend, Maya/Cindy has her little Ema's cell number, and I have Lana's LJ name and that's it...um, I can PM you with my cell #, and that's all I got...sadly, I really wanted some contact info from ya guys as well, it was just so fun to hang with ya'll...

Spin the bottle I don't mind--I'm open to yaoi, yuri, and het...just be different for me...

Unread 06-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #9
shiri_tori
Bad Apple!

Quote:
Arrgh I wrote a post and accidentally hit a link and when I went back it was gone ;_;

Keep on kidding about spin the bottle, because it's boring. Unless you're using a bottle to randomize victim selection for a more interesting game like truth or dare (which is only interesting if you have creative people playing, but I'm sure that can be arranged XD)

That'd definately be fun--I can just picture Edgeworth furious if he had to undergo a dare from Phoenix...

...ack, I didn't notice I just double posted...grr...sorry...

Last edited by shiri_tori : 06-06-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Unread 06-06-2007, 03:07 AM   #10
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

Playing stuff semi-in-character makes it all the more hilarious! Apples to Apples is pretty good, I had never played it before ACen but me and my Phoenix and Franziska got our costume/pajamas on and had our own mini-party playing that in our hotel room (as said before, semi-in-character) and it was awesome. How long has that game been around anyway? I'd never heard of it before this year, and it seemed like there was a group playing it everywhere you turned.

As for closed off party vs. gathering in a public area, I don't know that it makes much difference. The latter is fun because you can get some passers-by to watch and maybe even join in, but location is a pretty important consideration so there's no trouble with blocking halls or some such *cough A-kon FF/KH party cough* Room is good because you have none of those troubles, but you have to have a space big enough for all the people (our messy hotel room wouldn't have cut it for even half the people who showed up to the A-kon photoshoot, for instance). Again, since I don't know the hotel, I'll bow to the superior judgment of someone who knows the layout better

I roomed with the A-kon Lana and her Ema, if you want to PM me contact infos for you (a phone number or AIM name or whatever) I can pass it on to them. I'm on AIM pretty much 24/7 (except for right about now when I'm going on vacation, heh) so any of you guys, feel free to IM me to make super epic plans or just babble about whatever.

P.S. I pre-ordered Trials & Tribulations today at Gamestop <3
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:41 AM   #11
Paulie1980
Red Mage Extraordinaire

YES! I pre-ordered Trials and Tribs as well. I just wish it would come out one week earlier. ><

Apples to Apples is pretty fun. I've only played twice and both times we had like 15+ people. I've heard it's more fun the smaller the group is but I'm not so sure, I had a pretty good time. The other stuff y'all mentioned may even be more fun.

Ali-kun, I'll PM you some contact info, AIM name, phone number and such, and you can pass it on. I'm also sucked into that kiddy world we know as MySpace, so I'll pass that on as well.

Shiri_tori, does Cindy have my cell still?
Unread 06-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
shiri_tori
Bad Apple!

Quote:
Playing stuff semi-in-character makes it all the more hilarious! Apples to Apples is pretty good, I had never played it before ACen but me and my Phoenix and Franziska got our costume/pajamas on and had our own mini-party playing that in our hotel room (as said before, semi-in-character) and it was awesome. How long has that game been around anyway? I'd never heard of it before this year, and it seemed like there was a group playing it everywhere you turned.

As for closed off party vs. gathering in a public area, I don't know that it makes much difference. The latter is fun because you can get some passers-by to watch and maybe even join in, but location is a pretty important consideration so there's no trouble with blocking halls or some such *cough A-kon FF/KH party cough* Room is good because you have none of those troubles, but you have to have a space big enough for all the people (our messy hotel room wouldn't have cut it for even half the people who showed up to the A-kon photoshoot, for instance). Again, since I don't know the hotel, I'll bow to the superior judgment of someone who knows the layout better

I roomed with the A-kon Lana and her Ema, if you want to PM me contact infos for you (a phone number or AIM name or whatever) I can pass it on to them. I'm on AIM pretty much 24/7 (except for right about now when I'm going on vacation, heh) so any of you guys, feel free to IM me to make super epic plans or just babble about whatever.

P.S. I pre-ordered Trials & Tribulations today at Gamestop <3
Ohh, I think it'd be more fun if we got passerby to join in--nothing like screaming 'Objection' to a random Cloud--*psst--I don't think it was just because there were a lot of people for the KH PJ party, but certain other reasons-* we should go for a small out of the way area--unfortunately I'm not that familiar with the layout myself--I haven't ever really stayed over night at A-fest...sorr...

Oh, my Maya has the Ema's number, so I can get it from her--do you mind PMing me your AiM though--I'm usually on for RP reasons anyway, it'd be fun to concoct schemes or something!

Quote:

Shiri_tori, does Cindy have my cell still?
Um, yeah, she does--if you don't mind--can ya PM me your contact info also? I can get your number from her...

P.S. I need to still but a copy of JFA for myself and stop borrowing other peoples before I can focus on the third one...^^;;

Unread 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
Paulie1980
Red Mage Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiri_tori View Post
Um, yeah, she does--if you don't mind--can ya PM me your contact info also? I can get your number from her...
Sent! Pass it on!
Unread 06-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #14
shiri_tori
Bad Apple!

Got it! I'll PM you mine's as soon as I can--oh, and totally will *nods*

Unread 06-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #15
Paulie1980
Red Mage Extraordinaire

I just talked to my brother who lives in California working for Shiny Entertainment (remember Earthworm Jim?). He may be finished with his current project in August which means he might come to A-fest. Dude has killer long hair and would make THE BEST Jake Marshall. Keep your fingers crossed that he can make it in!! I haven't cosplayed with my brother in 3 years and it would be freaking awesome.