Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
thefinal
Sapphira

What would you like:

I'm wondering what it is you would like to see this year at AnimeFEST 2007! Whether it be panels, games, whatever it may be. I ask that you throw out any suggestion possible and I'll see what I can do and try my best to make sure it makes it to AF 07! Remember though, we must try to keep everything family friendly!

2012 Cons
Katsucon - Dallas Comic Con - A-kon - AnimeFest - AnimeUSA

thefinal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Honey Usagi-chi

MORE VIDEO GAMES! We should DEFINITELY have Soul Calibur, Super Smash Brothers at the least! xD
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #3
thefinal
Sapphira

Nobody else has anything else they'd like to add *fume fume*

2012 Cons

Unread 06-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

A twister tournament? LOL that would be crazy! x.x can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now...

Conventions 2013:
A-kon-Catzi, Botan (dark tournament), Akane Tendou. (maybe Inuyasha)
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Inuyasha_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
Eared Inu Yasha

I would like to see a rentable panel room that cosplay groups can use by filling out a sign in sheet for time slots. It would be a nice thing for cosplay groups to have available.

I would also like to see a large space avaible for large cosplay groups to sign up for for photoshoots. There would need to be atleast a 2 hr time slot available because some photoshoots take a long time. It is so often dificult for large groups to find an available space out of the way. If this is made possible the organizer needs to consider how good the lighting is in the space to be used.

I would aslo like to see a room where cosplayers and congoers can bring their own food and eat together. A place with tables and chairs where food is not prohibited.

Something else that might be really fun would be "Open mike night" where anyone who would like to read a short piece of poetry or fanfiction, sing a song, or do a short comedy skit or dance for non competitive purposes could have a few minutes on the mike/platform or stage. These are really fun at coffee shops. It would be really cute if someone could sell snackes or coffee at this. A cafe night.

I haven't updated this thing since 2006?! Yikes! Lol

Last edited by Eared Inu Yasha : 06-10-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Eared Inu Yasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
thefinal
Sapphira

You know a twister tournament sounds pretty fun - lol.

Eared_Inu_Yasha: You have some great ideas and I'll see what I can do. I already had something planned for the photoshoots and mune_pop should be maintaining the thread with all the info on those. So I guess in photoshoot/gathering regards, everyone will have to plan their own time frame and set up a location because I will have "displays" showing all the photoshoots and gatherings on the lowest level and the main hotel level. More information will be coming soon as time draws closer - we're still waiting for more AF Staff/Manager meetings

I will see also about food space but the hotel is slightly finicky about that - but again, I'll inquire and see if there's something that can be worked out ^_~

2012 Cons

Unread 06-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #7
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

I still have my brand new twister game that I never opened at A-kon... o.o

Conventions 2013:
A-kon-Catzi, Botan (dark tournament), Akane Tendou. (maybe Inuyasha)
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Inuyasha_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #8
Anna
Still Alive

I'd like to see a more round-the-clock accessible food source. Even if they're just selling pocky(A food I think really only tastes good when you're hungry) or something. It beats the zip-lock bag of cereal in the purse.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #9
Honey Usagi-chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'd like to see a more round-the-clock accessible food source. Even if they're just selling pocky(A food I think really only tastes good when you're hungry) or something. It beats the zip-lock bag of cereal in the purse.
I agree, because the hotel concession stand closes around when the dealer room closes, and the hotel bar/shop closes around 10-ish, and A LOT of people run late around the hotel, so we should have a late-night food stand for those hard-core con attendees.
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
thefinal
Sapphira

Hmmm, I think I actually agree too - I'll see what I can find out about running a late night food stand -nods-

2012 Cons

Unread 06-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
Eared Inu Yasha

We've all been there. We feel your pain. You wait in line for the event that you have highly anticipated only to be turned away at the door. You either cant enter because you have a camera, a prop or the con staff doesnt like the evil spirit that is feeding on your soul. Now you must go all the way back to your room to put it away. By the time you are through fighting the elavators and the crowds, you have missed most of your event.

I would like a props and camera drop off place, where you can check in your item and pick it up after your event. (pick it up with ID or something)
There have been many many times when I wished such a service was available.

I haven't updated this thing since 2006?! Yikes! Lol
Eared Inu Yasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
LilyChan
Huricane Riri

Karoke of course. And not just anime OP, ED, and insert songs too. ^__^

Ooh, ooh, how about a modeling contest? Yeah, I expect lots of drama just by mentioning it, but it'd still be fun!

LilyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:12 PM   #13
gundammrw
3VIL Monkey!

I think it would be awesome if all the photoshoots were somehow listed on either the schedule or some signs somewhere. Like a board that you can check for info. That way people who forgot or dont know of the photoshoots can get to it. Also it would allow people the chance to come and take pics that would otherwise not know about it. OOooo you could put it in the Afest book thingy.

Hmmm I'll think up some other stuff too.
gundammrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #14
thefinal
Sapphira

gundammrw: That's already being done actually. I can't put it in the program book because it'd have to be done too far in advance. No worries. If you look on the photoshoots/gathering page I posted where the locations of the boards will be.

2012 Cons

Unread 06-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #15
MercuryIceStorm
The Female Espada

I've never been to an A-Fest before (hides) so I'm not sure if this is already there or not but I'll just throw it out there anyways. What about a cosplay emergency repair room with like needles, thread, scissors, hot glue guns, tape, Shout wipes etc. in case of those oops that can happen and make u want to go screaming into the night and not in a good way. I had to go all the way up to my room at Akon because I had to glue a piece of my Sailor Pluto time staff back on and kept thinking 'it would be so much easier if there were someone with a hot glue gun sitting right here' the whole time. I'm sure all of us cosplayers would be very greatful!

Current projects:
Sheva Alomar-Resident Evil 5
Aisha Clan Clan-Outlaw Star
MercuryIceStorm is offline   Reply With Quote