Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Code Geass

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #181
Seraph Lycan
Prince the Ripper

I'm pretty sure this question has already been answered pages back, but right now I'm really wanting to ask this before I forget later on ^^

I'm planning on cosplaying Kallen from season 1 with the first outfit she wore (the brown one with the red shirt and everything). And I'm wondering...what kind of material would be best for the brown part of the suit ^^ I'm wanting to actually make a cosplay from scratch and from the looks of it this one is pretty easy (then again a lot of stuff that looks easy isn't, right =.=) and luckily a friend of mine might help me in the sewing bit of it.

Also, while I'm at it, how would I also go about making the buttons that are on it, along with the arm bands?

Thanks to any help in advance ^^
Future/Planned Cosplays
-Genesis Rhapasados (FFVII), Kallen Stadtfeld (Code Geass), Shiki Mikami (IAWW), Heather Morris (SH3), Hibari Kyoya (KHR), Superbia Squalo (KHR), Sheik (Legend of Zelda), Mukuro Rokudo/Chrome Dokuro, Spanner, Irie Shoichi, Byakuran, and Fran [All from KHR]
Seraph Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #182
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

I'm bumping this thread up some. I didn't realize how far it got down. But for an upcoming local con, I'm a bit torn on who to cosplay from Code Geass. Since Code Geass I have a feeling won't be well known at this con, other then my small group (that consists of Zero, C.C. and possibly a Nunnally), I'm not sure who I want to cosplay. I've already cosplayed military! Suzaku and Asford! Suzaku.

I do want have a large list though of who I want to cosplay:

Suzaku:

commoner, pilot, knight, mouse cosplay

Kallen:

Black Knight uniform, pilot

Other characters:
V.V.
Ria
Zhou Xianglin

Any opinions on who or what costume I should cosplay for a tiny Ohio-based con?
Unread 07-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #183
ycysusan2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikoyukimora View Post
Ano... I have about 2 months to make C.C., Zero, and a baby cheese-kun (for my daughter).
I was wondering what fabric I should buy to make C.C.'s jumpsuit thing and what fabric I should invest in to make Zero. Heads up though, I have a $50 budget for C.C. and I don't know what my budget will for Zero, but nothing ridiculous though. I think we're aiming to spend no more than $150 on all 3 costumes combined.

Why such a small budget? Well... I made a Yoko costume and it cost $250+. >.> It won me an award, but we're trying to make stuff nice and inexpensive because of this.

Btw... C.C. x Lelouch foreverz!!! ^.^

I use vinyl for mine jumpsuit. The costume itself only take me $30 cause I get the vinyl pretty cheep after Halloween. Though with boot and wig it add up to $80.

Are you doing Lulu or Zero? For lulu regular school uniform cost pretty cheep. You can just use some black suit material. Though for Zero, the cape itself will probably cost somewhere around $20-30 with lining . For Zero's jumpsuit, if you dont use expansive material like pleader, I think the cost is somewhere about $40 for it. Though you still need wig, some accessory and mask.
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #184
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

To any Knights of the Round cosplayers:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/629/49187777ig0.jpg
How did you attach the gold parts? I'd like to avoid painting at all costs. I'm planning on making the cape out of either velvet or wool, so would Heat N Bond work on those fabrics? ^^;;
Varnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #185
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma View Post
To any Knights of the Round cosplayers:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/629/49187777ig0.jpg
How did you attach the gold parts? I'd like to avoid painting at all costs. I'm planning on making the cape out of either velvet or wool, so would Heat N Bond work on those fabrics? ^^;;
I woudn't make the cape out of either. Wool and velvet is not your best choice in materials. They are heavy, expensive and not fun to work with. If you want a strong, sturdy material, try a bottom weight like trigger, rodeo or twill. I would stay away from satin as well, unless you want to use it for the lining of the cape.
Unread 07-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #186
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

I never planned to use satin.

I wanted a bit more upscale fabric for my cape so I thought velvet or a nice wool would be acceptable fabric. I don't care about the cost or the difficulty to work with either. I'm heading out to LA's fashion district this Saturday and since I'll have a much wider selection of fabrics than my local Jo-Ann's I thought I'd might as well search out some nicer fabrics.
Thank you for your suggestions, though.
Unread 07-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #187
Muze
Lol Photoshoots

lol
Muze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 02:05 AM   #188
mochi-chan<3

Quote:

I wanted a bit more upscale fabric for my cape so I thought velvet or a nice wool would be acceptable fabric. I don't care about the cost or the difficulty to work with either. I'm heading out to LA's fashion district this Saturday and since I'll have a much wider selection of fabrics than my local Jo-Ann's I thought I'd might as well search out some nicer fabrics.
I'm planning on doing a Knight of rounds cosplay too~

For the gold pattern, Heat'n'bond does the work perfectly. I used gold pleather and it works like a charm-especially on wool. I would recommend the ultra strong bond for such a huge pattern.

The heat'n'bond works wonders already, but I satin-stitched along the outlines, just for the piece of mind of knowing that if the adhesive backfires, it'll be safe ^^

I hope your cosplay goes well~

Megumi, why do you suggest fabrics that werent even metioned just to talk down to people? Have you even worked with wool before? becasue FYI, it works wonders for uniform type of costumes like these and really easy to work with. Please read the General Cosplay Help subforum before giving out advice

Velvet and Wool might be hard to work for you, but keep in mind, alot of people here are more experienced.

Last edited by mochi-chan<3 : 07-15-2008 at 02:14 AM.
mochi-chan<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 04:02 AM   #189
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer

Quote:

Heat'n'Bond doesn't work well on velvet, just so you know. :>
SailorAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #190
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochi-chan<3 View Post
I'm planning on doing a Knight of rounds cosplay too~

For the gold pattern, Heat'n'bond does the work perfectly. I used gold pleather and it works like a charm-especially on wool. I would recommend the ultra strong bond for such a huge pattern.

The heat'n'bond works wonders already, but I satin-stitched along the outlines, just for the piece of mind of knowing that if the adhesive backfires, it'll be safe ^^

I hope your cosplay goes well~

Megumi, why do you suggest fabrics that werent even metioned just to talk down to people? Have you even worked with wool before? becasue FYI, it works wonders for uniform type of costumes like these and really easy to work with. Please read the General Cosplay Help subforum before giving out advice

Velvet and Wool might be hard to work for you, but keep in mind, alot of people here are more experienced.
First of off, it's called advice. Secondly, it's MY ADVICE. I'm allowed to give whatever advice I want to. Who made you a dictator? Seriously, you're the one that's jumping down anyone's throat. You don't even know what my experience is either. Keep your mouth shut and stay out of it.
Unread 07-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #191
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

mochi-chan<3- Thank you! Now I need to search out some of that Ultra Strong Heat N' Bond. It works on pleather, too?

SailorAnime86- Thank you, too! I wasn't so sure that it would work...I figured it would melt it. >>;
Unread 07-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #192
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer

Quote:
SailorAnime86- Thank you, too! I wasn't so sure that it would work...I figured it would melt it. >>;
Yeah, from my experience heat warps velvet. But I'm actually working on Gino too and I'm using velvet for his cape. XD

And Megumi may be right. Velvet might not lay right, but you'll notice the inside of the cape is a different color, so you could line it to get it to lay correctly.
Unread 07-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #193
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

Oh, we can be velvet cape buddies! XD That is, if velvet works out for me....
So if I use a press cloth I should be alright attaching the gold? Even if it warps a little, like you said, I can adjust it with the lining.
Unread 07-15-2008, 10:26 PM   #194
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Oh, we can be velvet cape buddies! XD That is, if velvet works out for me....
So if I use a press cloth I should be alright attaching the gold? Even if it warps a little, like you said, I can adjust it with the lining.
XD Velvet cape buddies! But you could definitely try using a press cloth, but I'd do a test on a piece of scrap first. That way you don't have to worry about ruining your final cape. :>
Unread 07-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #195
mochi-chan<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegumiHime View Post
First of off, it's called advice. Secondly, it's MY ADVICE. I'm allowed to give whatever advice I want to. Who made you a dictator? Seriously, you're the one that's jumping down anyone's throat. You don't even know what my experience is either. Keep your mouth shut and stay out of it.
Please keep our off-topic chat out of the Code Geass disscussion

Audhulma: I forgot to mention, if you use pleather, instead of ironing directly on the pleather, I ironed on the reverse side of the cape. With synthetic blends, Im always scared its going to burn easily xD

Sailoranime: May I asked what wig you're getting for Gino? Im having a bit of trouble with that
mochi-chan<3 is offline   Reply With Quote