Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 06-23-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
cumber-kitty
Damnit Cas

Ideas for a Black Butler skit?

Me and a Alois cosplayer were thinking of basing a skit around Alois being Ciel's new dance instructor.

It has to be only 2 and 1/2 minutes long, so we thought it best to keep it simple.

Basically we thought it should tun into a dance off. Any ideas on what songs would get a laugh?

Any ideas/lines/songs/dialogue/jokes we could squeeze in would be much appreciated!
cumber-kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
Ayekasong
Gaming Addict

I will be honest with you - dance-offs do not usually do well in competition. You may get cheers from people who like Black Butler, but chances are that you will not impress the judges, and you may not be memorable to your audience. Unless your choreography is incredibly interesting, spot on, or something that has never been seen before, I'd avoid it.

Also, try to keep your performance to 60 seconds. 2 and 1/2 minutes is an eternity on stage, and that is the MAXIMUM. You want to leave your audience wanting more.

Now as for something that may get a laugh if you want to go with this dance theme, would be Alois becoming exasperated at how poor of a dancer Ciel is. REALLY exaggerate it. And then maybe end with Alois giving up and saying some funny punchline. Stay away from yaoi jokes (way overdone) and anything that's an inside joke for Black Butler fans.

Good luck!

Next up: CONvergence
Cons for 2014 - Kitsune Kon :: Costume Con :: CONvergence:: Geek.Kon :: Archon

Publicity head for Costume Con 2016 (Madison, WI). Interested? Ask me questions!
Ayekasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
AlwaysNat01

Instead of a dance off, I think it would be cute if Alois was trying to teach Ciel to dance (since he's pretty bad at it!) It would be cute if Alois said, "Song please," and something like "Lets get it on" plays. And Ciel says "Absolutely not." He then proceeds to change the song to a normal song while he teaches him to dance. Throughout the song Ciel is stumbling and stepping on Alois' foot and cursing. Then at the very end Ciel says, "This is ridiculous, I'm leaving, I am the head of the Phantomhive household, I am not going to act like a child." Then Alois plays the song, "lets get it on" again, and Ciel says, " AND TURN THAT BLOODING SONG OFF."
AlwaysNat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 01:32 AM   #4
cumber-kitty
Damnit Cas

That is an amazing idea! Would it be okay if we used your ideas?
cumber-kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #5
AlwaysNat01

Yeah of course! Just film it so we can all see how it turned out! I agree with the girl up there that dance offs are kinda awkward. But the idea that Alois is a dance instructer is a cute idea!
AlwaysNat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

If you do any sort of dance, choreograph the heck out of it. Even though you're supposed to be clumsy in the skit, if you don't practice, your clumsiness might look really sloppy.
Also, keeping it short is key. Most audience members get bored if a skit lasts much longer than a minute. Don't forget to make sure the cursing is okay with con staff beforehand, since some cons have a lot of children that attend.
But it does sound funny, original, and understandable for people who aren't Black Butler fans, which is fantastic! Good luck!
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Tumblr: http://justacrazedfangirl.tumblr.com/
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote