Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Manga Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-28-2003, 01:48 AM   #1
lialia
mmm....Lifesavers :P

Marmalade boy

well i was in barnes and nobles thje other day looking for some new manga when i happened upon marmalade boy, now after reading the summary and looking at the cover art, i wasnt too impressed and it didnt seem like the kind of stuff i normally enjoy, but on a whim i bought it.... and i love it i had to go out and read the rest of the volumes that have been released so far

has neone else read this little gem or am i the only one who likes it?
lialia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2003, 02:16 AM   #2
aila

I've only read volume one...I didn't expect to like it, either, actually, but I loved it, too...Hopefully, I'll be able to track down the other volumes
aila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 07:24 AM   #3
jen_kat
I feel...

^-^;; Eh heh.. I've read the whole thing, though in Japanese... so I might not have understood everything, but the basic jist of it was understandable. 8 volumes isn't too bad, and the storyline is worked out good compared to 76 o_O;; episodes for the anime...

When I found it, it was because I was looking for Yoshizumi Wataru manga... so, I guess I already expected to like it because her work is good.
jen_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 08:43 AM   #4
king
Chris Beta

Oh damn, Marmalade Boy? The art isn't too impressive, but it's extremelly addictive. It's like one of those shoujo manga that is kinda hectic cuz....yeah, I guess you would have to read the series. The series was 72 episodes long and it was driving me crazy as it was. I guess it's like super shoujo soap opera.
king is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 11:18 AM   #5
Naru
You got that?!

I love Marmalade Boy! I found it to be very intertaining and I love how messed up the families are yet they really aren't that bad. I like Miki's outfits too! the little drawings on the sides of some of the pages are so cute. It is really a more innocent version of some other messed up romance mangas on the market today. innocent meaning they don't so overboard on the um... Love Hina like things. I can read it in public with friends and don't gotta worry about what they think XD not like i care what they think anyways :P
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 05:43 PM   #6
the_tennyo

its great.
the_tennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 06:20 PM   #7
Velvy

I like it for the most part It's entertaining--Miki sometimes gets on my nerves. ^_^; But I do appreciate the Yuu/Miki pairing, just because they're not Serena + Darien--esque, always "my love" and what not. They act like an honest couple, without the sentimental "Bold and Beautiful" dramatics.
Unread 04-30-2003, 09:48 AM   #8
Something Lulu
ROCK FACTS

I've read the first 5 volumes (money - or lack thereof - is preventing me from buying Vol 6 right now), and it's so sweet and funny. Like Naru said, it's a more innocent version of some of the other shoujo mangas that are available in English. I'm not crazy about the artwork - I mean, it's cute, but it's no Peach Girl ^_^ - but it goes well with the story, and the characters are strong enough to carry it.
Something Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2003, 12:36 PM   #9
lialia
mmm....Lifesavers :P

i must be really outta it cause i just found out there was an anime for it too i think ill grab it off ebay after i make me some money at work this weeked i saw part of one episode at a friends house(it was all she had) and i thought it was totally cute i cant wait for the 7th volume to come out
lialia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2003, 02:43 PM   #10
rei_hino
A Danger to Society

ive read only up to book 3. Its pretty interesting. to me anyway. . ^_^
rei_hino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2003, 03:11 PM   #11
yummivix
magically delicious

I adore Marmalade Boy. I watched about 20 out of the 74 episodes of the anime about 4 years ago, and I have been collecting the manga as well. It's heartfelt. ^_^
yummivix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #12
yummivix
magically delicious

the seventh volume is out, by the way. . .but the 8th isn't. at least it seems like that is how it is when I just went to tokyopop.com
yummivix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #13
Bell-chan
Ummm what?

I haven't read the manga, but I'd like to see how it is. I've only seen the first 16 episodes of the anime. I showed it to some friends of mine, and they think it's too cheesy.

9_9 ok... that might be true, but I like it! I don't normally like "those sorts of things," but in this case, I was suckered into it by the love story. ^.^ and the comment about it being a soap opera seems so true...
Bell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2003, 03:34 AM   #14
nekochan
PILE IT ON!! xD

lol i thought the art was cute. but the story... no. so twisted. the parents SWITCH families... and the character falls in love with her step-brother after her best guy friend, who really likes her, rejects her? hahaha it's too confusing for me. but it's cute.
nekochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2003, 08:44 AM   #15
Sami
» star*stealing girl

MARMALADE BOY!! ^____^ I got so addicted to that series and watched the whole thing.. it's an anime where I actually LIKE all the characters and not want to push some of them into oblivion, and it's just cute! (It's very soap-operay though!)

I'm working on a Miki cosplay. ^___^ (By "working" I mean I have the materials and they're sitting in a pile in my sewing box!)
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote