Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 04-28-2003, 09:25 AM   #1
moonclarinet
paraparafunifuni! tamago!

Question pre registering confirmation

Has anyone here received their confirmation postcard thingy for pre registration? I know it's supposed to take several weeks, but it's been about 9 weeks since i sent mine in and I wanted to know if anyone else has gotten anything. Thanks ^_^
moonclarinet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2003, 09:58 AM   #2
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I haven't received mine, and its been around 9 weeks for me also. I have received my DragonCon one, which I sent around the same time and its a bigger con then Otakon. Hopefully will get confirmation soon.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:01 AM   #3
StacyMichelle

Nope. Sent the payment out about a month or two ago. Hm...
StacyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:01 AM   #4
KuroBara
dog of the military

No, I sent mine in mid-March and haven't gotten a confirmation yet. I really hope to get it within the next 2 weeks, since the semester ends then. I gave them my school addy, since my parents might have thrown it out. *sighs*
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:07 AM   #5
Studmaster
The King of Games!

http://www.otakon.com

A statement to all the pre-registrants!

For everyone who has sent in their preregistration and are wondering, "What the hey?", Otakon would like to officially respond:

We are SO sorry! Due to overwhelming response, our Preregistration people have been completely inundated by mail. As a Staff, we're scrambling now to get caught up. Every year we increase the number of Staff on Prereg and every year the sheer volume outstrips our best guess. (Because there is SO much to do in preparing for the largest anime con on the East Coast, we're always stretched for manpower, so everyone has work to do and we can't "overload" one department.)

We must ask you - beg you - to PLEASE be patient while we continue tackling this huge but happy mountain of preregistrations. We WILL get back to you, and it is our sincere hope and intention to do so sooner rather than later. Until then, though, just hang in there.

So from the Otakon Staff to all our loyal members, a great big,
"THANKS!" for your patience.

Peter Prellwitz
Press & Publicity Department Head
Otakon 2003

Take that as you will.
2004 has just begun. Are you ready to seize this new year, and grasp things never thought possible. Let go of the past, and the pain it may have bought. It is time to make the best of the present, to secure the future.

The 2004 Studmaster World Tour as of 11/25/03: Katuscon, Philly Gaming Classic (Satuday only), Anime Boston, Animazement Anime Next , Anime Expo, Otakon, Dragon*Con, Nekocon? Anime USA?, MagFest 3.0?
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 11:11 AM   #6
Visage
Founder of Across

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one the sent their form out a couple months ago and still hasn't heard anything.

Since preregistration is closed now (at least from what I remember), they should have a chance to catch up. At least the staff had the foresight to comment on the situation instead of leaving us all to wonder about it.
Visage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 11:53 AM   #7
moonclarinet
paraparafunifuni! tamago!

phew, thanks guys for responding...good to know it's not just me. i did email the otakon peeps a few weeks ago and got something to that effect as well...just wanted to make extra sure my check hasn't gotten lost or anything!
moonclarinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 01:51 PM   #8
dizzylizzy
I sew things

it's the same every year. ^^
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote