Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #151
Ironekilz

Dune cosplay would be great to see! The hardest part would be getting the eyes right if you were doing a Fremen character. Do they even make those types of contacts? I was looking awhile ago for those for a friend and didn't see anything close enough.

Unread 11-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #152
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

@ Ironekilz: Yeah, they make Dune contacts..or at least blue sclera contacts. Hrmm...I recall seeing a deeper blue at some point though.

http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/immortaleyes.asp ("Dune Sclera")
http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html ("blue sclera")

I also think propstore.com still has some of the costumes from the various movies/tv series for sale too. (Good for references as well)
http://www.propstore.com/products.ht...ordsPerPage=15

ďIf your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.Ē -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:35 AM   #153
Ironekilz

Thanks for the links! Wow, those are really expensive. 0_o I guess I should've expected that.
Unread 11-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #154
Saxinthehall
Insanity of a manatee

As soon as I picked up Going Postal (and then again with Making Money, and possibly again when Rasing Taxes comes out) by Terry Pratchett I knew I had to cosplay as Moist Von Lipwig. I'm hoping to have him done sometime this year, most likely at Sakuracon since a have a friend that I think would make a great Adora Bell Dearheart and that looks to be the only con I'll see her at this year.

I've also thought about putting a Ponder Stibbons cosplay together as well.
Saxinthehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #155
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Been wanting to make Meilin's Thann regalia from The Ordinary by Jim Grimsley. Not sure how to add the gems to the wig. Even less sure when I'll have the time for another large project.
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #156
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

My girlfriend and I are making Murtagh and Eragon (not movie version, we're not fans of the movie...). She's Eragon and I'm Murtagh. Now I just have to figure out what he'd wear....>.>
Clive-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #157
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxinthehall View Post
As soon as I picked up Going Postal (and then again with Making Money, and possibly again when Rasing Taxes comes out) by Terry Pratchett I knew I had to cosplay as Moist Von Lipwig. I'm hoping to have him done sometime this year, most likely at Sakuracon since a have a friend that I think would make a great Adora Bell Dearheart and that looks to be the only con I'll see her at this year.

I've also thought about putting a Ponder Stibbons cosplay together as well.
I love Ponder Stibbons. But anyway, gold suit and hat, right? You must do the gold suit and hat.

--PD
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #158
Saxinthehall
Insanity of a manatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I love Ponder Stibbons. But anyway, gold suit and hat, right? You must do the gold suit and hat.

--PD
Of course gold suit and a hat. I may even have a bag so that I can deliver mail, sell stamps, and...I guess I could give change since it's hard to carry a bank with you at all times.
Saxinthehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:25 AM   #159
EastCoastKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironekilz View Post
Dune cosplay would be great to see! The hardest part would be getting the eyes right if you were doing a Fremen character. Do they even make those types of contacts? I was looking awhile ago for those for a friend and didn't see anything close enough.
I would actually be far more interested to see a Tleilaxu cosplay. The way they are described in the books is pretty freaky-short, pale, sharp fangs, and generally unpleasant overall.

I have been considering a costume of Walter O'Dim/Randall Flagg from The Dark Tower and other Stephen King stories. However, he is rather simple to make, as he really wears regular clothes and would only be identifiable from his buttons. But he is a fun enough character that it could be interesting.

Also, I have long been a fan of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern. However, lets face it, without the dragons themselves, where's the fun in those costumes?
Unread 12-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #160
Phorcys

First post at cosplay.com. Hello
I had plans to be Nanny Ogg - Terry Pratchett Discworld.
Various book characters that would be interesting.
John Taylor - A Novel of the Nightside, Simon R. Green
Harry Dresden - The Desden Files, Jim Butcher
Rachel Morgan - Dead Witch Walking, Kim Harrison
Miles VorKesgain/Nasmith
[I can't spell his last name off the top of my head} - Lois Mc Master Bujold
Peter - King's Blood Four, Sheri S. Tepper
Genevieve Dieudonne - Anno Dracula, Kim Newman
So many people loving Garth Nix, that is amazing. He is a great aussie author.

I would love to make these costumes but I don't think I can talk any of my friends to make the coresponding outfits.
Phorcys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #161
Ironekilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastKing View Post
I would actually be far more interested to see a Tleilaxu cosplay. The way they are described in the books is pretty freaky-short, pale, sharp fangs, and generally unpleasant overall.
I've only read the first book so far, so I'm not acquainted with the Tleilaxu yet, but if they look like you describe that would be pretty cool to see.
Unread 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #162
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Well, I finished my White Witch cosplay for a play I'm in, I just need to put the pictures up. Its not exactly like the one in the movie but rather my own version loosely based on the book's description and the movie movie with sort of my own little touch. I just need the pictures up, but it looks awesome, maybe if I'm lucky, my teachers might give the full cast picture so that I can show everyone's costume seriously, Aslan's is awesome! The dwarf's is too, except its more feminine than troll-like, but still pretty good...

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 12-14-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #163
holydiver
BLACK EAGLE OF AWESOME

I want to do a Damia cosplay from Anne McCaffrey's Rowan series, but I don't know if it's very recognisable. The character herself is distinctive but I'm not sure how many people will know the books.
holydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #164
KarasaurusRexxx
Kaleigh

Ah yes, for Ohayocon this year, I have a Twilight group. 8D

I'm the Alice.

My friend Alicia is Bella.

And my friend Jessica is Rosalie.

We hopefully have an Edward, and we're looking for an Emmett and a Jasper.

"Prom queens live, on average, five years longer than regular people. Probably because they smile all the time." -Quinn Fabray, Glee
KarasaurusRexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #165
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...f/100_0900.jpg

By the way, here is my White Witch costume I made for the play I was in, how does it look?