Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #166
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

I've got the sudden urge to do Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest cosplay...

I adore Princess Cimorene but at the same time, I <3 Telemain and Mendanbar. Maybe I'll end up doing Telemain, because he's such a freakin' magical nerd, it's hilarious. Even if he has a mustache and beard.

Unread 01-06-2008, 01:21 AM   #167
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by holydiver View Post
I want to do a Damia cosplay from Anne McCaffrey's Rowan series, but I don't know if it's very recognisable. The character herself is distinctive but I'm not sure how many people will know the books.
It would really depend on where you wore it. At a sci-fi con I'm sure plenty of people would recognize you!

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #168
starcat
The Third Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumikuroi View Post
I've got the sudden urge to do Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest cosplay...

I adore Princess Cimorene but at the same time, I <3 Telemain and Mendanbar. Maybe I'll end up doing Telemain, because he's such a freakin' magical nerd, it's hilarious. Even if he has a mustache and beard.
DO IT. OH man please do this and then post pictures somewhere.

tsumikuroi, that White Witch is cool. I love the spiky crown!
Unread 01-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #169
salazar
oh, schist...

I just learned that Steampunk is a fashion style and not just a genre of literature/film, so I've decided to cosplay as Thaniel from The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray. Basically, it's just going to be me wearing steampunk-style clothing. I'm so stoked. XD

member: uncouth (un)ltd. cosplay group

〜みんあで歌おうゲゲゲのゲ〜
salazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #170
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
DO IT. OH man please do this and then post pictures somewhere.

tsumikuroi, that White Witch is cool. I love the spiky crown!
You mean Tabby Catty. ^^;;

And yes, I'll piece together Telemain, methinks. I love the thought of making that preposterous knee-length vest he always wears, bulging with different sized pockets and the strangest spell ingredients ever. He seems rather dapper, all in all, really. Though I'm short enough to do Morwen. I just need a ginger colored wig and her robe (which won't be TOO hard considering how many robes/cloaks I've had to make for the last year).
Unread 01-07-2008, 01:28 AM   #171
starcat
The Third Hire

Quote:
You mean Tabby Catty. ^^;;

And yes, I'll piece together Telemain, methinks. I love the thought of making that preposterous knee-length vest he always wears, bulging with different sized pockets and the strangest spell ingredients ever. He seems rather dapper, all in all, really. Though I'm short enough to do Morwen. I just need a ginger colored wig and her robe (which won't be TOO hard considering how many robes/cloaks I've had to make for the last year).
o.O

OH MAN. DX Sorry. I could have sworn I went back and checked the name. I haven't done that in forever... >< Sorry, sorry, to both of you!

Moving on (x_x), I'd love to see either. I need to re-read the books now. I think either would be quite awesome, though Telemain might be more recognizable.
Unread 01-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #172
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Heh, heh, thanks...

You should see all my pictures, seriously, I posted a million pictures about the play on here, some costumes are actually pretty cool! I still have a lot more coming in from other people!

I never really liked the movie version so I made my own and thanks! I like the crown too!
Unread 01-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #173
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

So, I've desided it, I'm cosplaying as Sabriel, not sure how I'm gunna do it, but I will.

http://www.spokanelibrary.org/teen/images/Sabriel.jpg

For thouse that don't know her.
Unread 01-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #174
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Rincewind is actually in production! Seriously. I was bored on Saturday night so I took some burgundy moleskin which I had lying around (for a corset bodice I never will end up making, likely) and cut out the crown of what is an absolutely ridiculous hat. After some interfacing I bought on a whim before, I now have an official pointy wizard hat without a brim. Just need to calculate and cut out a proper droopy yet stiff brim for the bottom... I also bought some stencils to draw moons, suns and all the esoteric symbols of a "wizzard." I may end up making a robe... and trashing it for fun. Oh dear god, I'm insane.
Unread 01-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #175
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

Looking Glass Wars cosplay is definately on my list to do now. I think I'd stick with Alyss for me (the green dress) and maybe get a friend to go as Hatter M. Though Redd's dress for the cover of the second book is AMAZING. O_o

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #176
Kantara
Wants cake

I'm putting together an Aziraphale cosplay for this year, I have a Crowely so hopefully I'll be reconizable. It's going to be fun to be so annoyingly bright and flamboyant, I even have a pair of tartan vans to wear with it hahaha.
I also plan on making The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter to carry around and maybe a flaming sword for my Crowley (unless I think of a better prop).
Unread 01-19-2008, 03:02 AM   #177
Juego
Do you want a 2nd opinion

Quote:
Oh dear god, I'm insane.
No... you'll hit that point when you decide to make the Luggage. XD
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #178
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juego View Post
No... you'll hit that point when you decide to make the Luggage. XD
Don't tempt me.
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #179
scandia
Overachiever

I have cosplayed Aravis Tarkheena from The Chronicles of Narnia, as well as Violet Baudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events. I will be cosplaying Luna Lovegood later this year.
Unread 01-23-2008, 12:40 PM   #180
Aer Arcanum
Willing to Dream Forever

I've thought of doing book cosplay before, despite lack of reference pictures. After all, it leaves room to get creative. The book cosplay I'd want to do most is Dustfinger from the Inkworld series. I'm not sure what his costume would look like though, besides the brief descriptions it gets. But, if I buy/make something like a marten plushie and stick horns on it, people might get it. My only worry is, with the movie coming out, people will try telling me I'm not accurate. I actually don't have high hopes for the movie...

Other book cosplays I've thought of doing are Sabriel (I need to reread it though, it's been a couple years, but the whole bells thing is awesome) and Hermione. I can't tell you how many times people have told me I should cosplay Hermione. My hair is naturally "bushy" like hers, which I think is how the book describes it.

For Myself: Mytho- Princess Tutu (0%)
For Friends: Ahiru- Princess Tutu (0%), Rue- Princess Tutu (0%)
Planned!
Antimony- Gunnerkrigg Court
Completed!
Zidane- FFIX, Bakura- Yu-Gi-Oh
Genericon, Connecticon, Bakuretsucon
Aer Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote