Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #181
livengood
Jojofags-r-us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumikuroi View Post
You mean Tabby Catty. ^^;;

And yes, I'll piece together Telemain, methinks. I love the thought of making that preposterous knee-length vest he always wears, bulging with different sized pockets and the strangest spell ingredients ever. He seems rather dapper, all in all, really. Though I'm short enough to do Morwen. I just need a ginger colored wig and her robe (which won't be TOO hard considering how many robes/cloaks I've had to make for the last year).
Bwahahaha. You know, I just thought of something. Imagine what would happen if you went to a con in that costume?

Random Person: Hey look, a wizard!
You: I am no a wizard, I am a magician!
RP: What's the difference?
You: Magicians deal with many types of magic, wizards only one.

Geeze, now I really do want to make the Cimorene and Morwen costumes even more..

For the Cimorene costume, I think I'll have to find the longest wig I can, braid it, then add in extensions to the braid to get it long enough. Curse you Cimorene and your super long Jet black hair!
AC Paradise Deviantart

Last edited by livengood : 01-23-2008 at 03:53 PM.
livengood is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #182
Saxinthehall
Insanity of a manatee

Booo, I just started reading The Truth and I'm starting to want to cosplay as William de Worde. I think I'll wait on that one and finish Moist von Lipwig first, of course I also need to start that one as well...Along with convincing a friend to be Adora Belle Dearheart
Saxinthehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #183
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Well, in the next few years, I'm planning a few book costumes, chief among them Haydee from the Count of Monte Cristo, and the Prince from "The Little Prince".

I do believe that I'm probably going to bring them both to Costume Con. Haydee's design is being drawn from the first description of her in the book, in what seems to be a gorgeous Greek/Middle Eastern outfit.

The Prince, I might actually make for Halloween this year. I wonder how many folks would actually know who I was supposed to be.
(Of course, I might not actually wear him on Halloween, depending on my office's policy on that)

Why, no, I'm not a big fan of French writers. What'd give you that impression? XD

EDIT: I just realized that most of the things I'm wanting to bring to Costume Con have something to do with the French. XD So glad that there's french in my ancestry.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 01-25-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #184
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by livengood View Post
Bwahahaha. You know, I just thought of something. Imagine what would happen if you went to a con in that costume?

Random Person: Hey look, a wizard!
You: I am no a wizard, I am a magician!
RP: What's the difference?
You: Magicians deal with many types of magic, wizards only one.

Geeze, now I really do want to make the Cimorene and Morwen costumes even more..

For the Cimorene costume, I think I'll have to find the longest wig I can, braid it, then add in extensions to the braid to get it long enough. Curse you Cimorene and your super long Jet black hair!
And I spout out magical techno-babble. God bless that man. Fantasy's concept of a nerd. <3

And yes, you'd have to get a VERY long wig. I think her braids reach her knees!
Unread 02-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #185
EastCoastKing

I mentioned in a previous post I have become fond of Stephen King's The Dark Tower trilogy. There are a number of characters I think would make some cool cosplays. However, I recently read the collected edition of Marvel Comic's limited series "The Gunslinger Born" and one character in particular blew me away-John Farson. The image Marvel came up with for the guy is absolutely mind-boggling, and would be kick ass to wear, even if no one knows what the heck the outfit is supposed to be. Farson is the leader of a rebel faction fighting in a war against the Gunslingers-he wears a hideous red mask that covers his head, and plays polo with human skulls. What more could you want?
Unread 07-14-2008, 06:47 AM   #186
Syagria
Imperatrix of Star + Wave

Yay, book-cosplay-thread! Somehow, I could not find this thread, anywhere, until someone linked me to it. It warms my lit-nerd heart.

@Runi-Chan: Are you still doing Haydee? If so, I'd love to see pictures!!

In the meantime, I'm plugging away at my Abhorsen Sabriel cosplay

Current Project: Star Trek Original Series Uniform!
Next Project: Original Creation for AB13
Most Recent Con: Nauticon 2012
Next Cons: PAX East, Anime Boston 2013
Syagria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #187
WingedCheetah

Woot! :-) I had wanted to do Captain Catherine Harcourt from the Temeraire Series this year, but my complete and utter inexperience topped with the sheer complexity of the costume (have you ever seen British Uniforms from the Napoleonic era?! yipes!) made it impossible in the amount of time I had for the San Diego Comic Con '08.

Fortunately, I did discover that a friend of mine, besides being something of a seamstress, is also a fan of Cons, Cosplay, *and* Temeraire, so we're planning a large group (hopefully) for next year's Comic Con! :-) So far we have Harcourt (me), Roland (her), and Berkely (my beau). More or less right now we're throwing out ideas and such. :-)

Edit: just glanced through some of the other posts, big shoutout to House of Leaves and whoever suggested Angua from Pratchett! :-)
WingedCheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #188
Ender_06
O.o

I started reading the Twilight series.... (through New moon in less than 19 hours, a good chunk of those hours were at work to boot), I now REALLY want to cosplay as Edward. I'm just a *bit* too tan...

Nebraska's first anime convention:
Anime Nebraskon
www.animenebraskon.com

ARX-7 (Arbalest) worklog (5%): Here

Future cosplays:
Sousuke Sagara and Arbalest - Full Metal Panic
Kurosaki Ichigo - Bleach
Minami Ikki - Air Gear
Sai - Naruto Shippuden
Ender_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2008, 10:55 PM   #189
KarasaurusRexxx
Kaleigh

For the Breaking Dawn Book Release Party they have at Borders on August 1st, I'm making an Alice Cullen cosplay... Her outfit and hair and whatnot from the movie.

"Prom queens live, on average, five years longer than regular people. Probably because they smile all the time." -Quinn Fabray, Glee
KarasaurusRexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #190
Dragonfire5287
Dragonfire

Wheel of time

I am thinking of doing an Asha'man and maybe a B5 technomage. I'll probably do the Asha'man first since it is an easier costume. It's just hard to find a character that I can cosplay since I have a beard.
Dragonfire5287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #191
Rei Ayanami
At the opera tonight...

I'm super itching to make a Twilight cosplay as well! I'm debating whether I should make an Alice Cullen or Bella Swan cosplay for the midnight release party of Breaking Dawn...

Too bad that the costumes would be highly unrecognizable in a regular con
Unread 07-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #192
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

Well, I was at the Bristol Ren Faire as Arya last weekend. And wearing her movie costume. Since I was going to do pretty much the same character (And I didn't want to make another movie costume...too labor intensive.), I decided I was going to try to do her outfit described in the beginning of the book "Eragon". Black, flowy blouse, tight pants, and boots...but I was planning to either rent or buy a green corset there. I'd have to take pictures there for sure.

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #193
cranberrytuna

Second everyone who said Sabriel/Lireal and Abarat. Actually, pretty much anything from Garth Nix would be awesome, he describes his character's clothing so well. And with Abarat, well, you've got the paintings. The only thing with Sabriel I've noticed is that handbells are expensive! I've decided I'm going to fake them and maybe just make some handles of varying sizes.
cranberrytuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #194
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

i'll be doing harry potter when the movie comes out. as well as twilight. maybe alice. i've always wanted to do an lotr elf cosplay. but i'm way too short for that haha.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #195
Nekomeishi

I want eventually cosplay Kaye from Tithe. I love her personality, and her hair when she's a pixie looks so freakin' pretty! XD

Nekomeishi is offline   Reply With Quote