Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #226
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielDarkhawk View Post
Yeah, they were silver, though I recall her losing them somwhere in between books. ^^;
What about the Nome King's magical belt?

Personally, I think a cosplay of Princess Ozma would be awesome.

Unread 01-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #227
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

@tsumi: Yeah I could do the belt, I think there was a good illustration of that in Ozma of Oz. And I've seen a few Ozma cosplays on the net.

The bottom of her dress is a bit confusing, but I think it's just very loose up top and then pleated or loosely gathered around the belt. http://classicosm.com/children/book3withnotes.jpg

Heh, and I still need to do book Howl at some point with the patchwork silver and blue coat.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:28 AM   #228
Thia Fayne
casually topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by makotohanabi View Post
Should have realized that the king of the Targ haters would say no, but it was worth a shot. Think a light blonde wig and silver sharpie might work, heard the silver sharpie gets a bit wonky. Check the sharpie thread in the wig forum before you start. Been looking online for fabric ideas for Lyanna, can I pm you links for a second opinion? If you have spare time that is. I really need to finish my costume con costumes and reread AGoT before I buy anything.
Oh yeah, I will definitely research a little bit more before I try anything. XD; My other alternative is to get some a wig and some extensions and cobble some gold/silver Targ hair together, which I'm thinking might work better, but we'll see. I've still got time to figure it out.

Feel free to PM me! I'd say you have pretty free rein as I can't recall any particular description of Lyanna's clothing besides the bloody white dress/blue rose crown, but I would love to help!
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #229
Miss Miri
Human Pincushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroyo View Post
I'm thinking of eventually doing some Artemis Fowl cosplay.
That would be more or less the most awesome thing ever.

I think it's neat that Garth Nix has such a good representation here. XD I love his work. I'm planning a Lirael (Pipe-Wielding Second Assistant Librarian) for Dragon*Con this year, and probably a Meryl (with my little sister as Addie) from The Two Princesses of Bamarre.

Of course, I'll have to put some effort into not crying while wearing that one. The poem from the end will start flashing up in my head. "The sisters embraced and then they parted..." Siiigh.
Cornelia Li Britannia - Code Geass
Miss Miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #230
Thia Fayne
casually topless

I would love to see Meryl and Addie cosplay! ;_;

I'd love to do Artemis Fowl cosplay myself but there isn't really anyone I could pull off. Maybe Opal Koboi, but you'd need a group to be recognizable for any character, I think.
Unread 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #231
Miss Miri
Human Pincushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thia Fayne View Post
I would love to see Meryl and Addie cosplay! ;_;

I'd love to do Artemis Fowl cosplay myself but there isn't really anyone I could pull off. Maybe Opal Koboi, but you'd need a group to be recognizable for any character, I think.
Yep, a group would be necessary, or at least a pair. That's why I love my sister - I got her hooked on Artemis Fowl, so maybe one day we'll do Opal and Holly. Maybe. I'd like to, anyway. For the two princesses, we'll need to be together to be recognized, but it'll be nice. We always go trick-or-treating together, anyway. (She's 11.)
Cornelia Li Britannia - Code Geass
Miss Miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #232
Fashwiing
picks on blond bartenders

I think someday, just for the bells and the sword and the tunic, I'm going to do a Sabriel cosplay. And I really kinda hope it'll be epic, but there's no guaranteeing.

Cons I plan on attending:
Newcon 2013
ALA 2014
Sakuracon 2014
Fanime 2014
Kumoricon 2014

Am I the only one who thinks just living is sad?
Fashwiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #233
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

To all those who have mentioned Ender's Game: <3
That would be pretty awesome - sometime or other I've got to get around to that.

I actually just finished a Goldberry costume for Halloween - she's a character from the Lord of the Rings trilogy who apparently wasn't "important" enough to get in the movie. (No resentment there or anything... ^^) I really enjoyed trying to recreate my own vision of her.
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #234
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thia Fayne View Post
Oh yeah, I will definitely research a little bit more before I try anything. XD; My other alternative is to get some a wig and some extensions and cobble some gold/silver Targ hair together, which I'm thinking might work better, but we'll see. I've still got time to figure it out.

Feel free to PM me! I'd say you have pretty free rein as I can't recall any particular description of Lyanna's clothing besides the bloody white dress/blue rose crown, but I would love to help!
Thanks When my SO volunteered us to help at a future Worldcon BwB suite, he mentioned to a friend that I'm working on a Lyanna costume. I'm sure one of them will drag me over to George so he can see the costume. I want it to be perfect.
Unread 01-22-2009, 02:14 AM   #235
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielDarkhawk View Post
@tsumi: Yeah I could do the belt, I think there was a good illustration of that in Ozma of Oz. And I've seen a few Ozma cosplays on the net.

The bottom of her dress is a bit confusing, but I think it's just very loose up top and then pleated or loosely gathered around the belt. http://classicosm.com/children/book3withnotes.jpg

Heh, and I still need to do book Howl at some point with the patchwork silver and blue coat.
It looks like the waist is slightly dropped and the belt helps hide a seam; I'm reminded of the American Girl doll of Samantha in her default dress. You can probably get away with a loose top and a slightly pleated, gathered full skirt.
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #236
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumikuroi View Post
It looks like the waist is slightly dropped and the belt helps hide a seam; I'm reminded of the American Girl doll of Samantha in her default dress. You can probably get away with a loose top and a slightly pleated, gathered full skirt.
Thanks for the tip. And holy moly, I think I found the perfect pattern, though it's too small. O_O

http://www.pastpatterns.com/3065.html

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 04:13 AM   #237
oncomingbeige

I would absolutely love to cosplay someone from The Song of Ice and Fire. I don't know who...I'm not really sure who tho'. Arya's my favorite female character, but I'm kind of a little too old. Cersei would be AWESOME even though, I...you know. Hate her with a passion.

At some point I also want to dress up as either Kieran or Ash respectively from The God Eaters, but only if I had the other half of the pair with me. I'd probably end up as the latter, if only because I would kind of feel actively uncomfortable as a white female to be cosplaying an (effectively) Native American male. Ash on the other hand! Is white and geeky like me.

Thirdly I would love to be Alanna from The Song of the Lioness She was my first heroine, and we happen to ALMOST share a name (I pronounce mine the same as hers, anyway).

I've already cosplayed (for Haloween) Louis from the Vampire Chronicles. (And Death from Sandman, tho'...graphic novel rather than book, really!)
oncomingbeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #238
Thia Fayne
casually topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncomingbeige View Post
I would absolutely love to cosplay someone from The Song of Ice and Fire. I don't know who...I'm not really sure who tho'. Arya's my favorite female character, but I'm kind of a little too old. Cersei would be AWESOME even though, I...you know. Hate her with a passion.

Thirdly I would love to be Alanna from The Song of the Lioness She was my first heroine, and we happen to ALMOST share a name (I pronounce mine the same as hers, anyway).
Yay, more ASOIAF fans! I would love to see an Arya -- she's one of my favorites too, but I could never pull her off, I'm too girly-figured and round-faced XD But I'd love to see a Cersei too -- the more ASOIAF cosplay, the better~

Tamora Pierce cosplay would also be super cool, those were my favorite books as a kid. Unfortunately I can't think of any character I could/would do from them... maybe Daine.
Unread 01-29-2009, 02:34 AM   #239
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

I'm really wanting to cosplay as Kahlan from The wizard's First Rule...Or as the Mother confessor in general.

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #240
nyappyninjakidd

dude i want to go as mr.crepsley from cirque du freak
nyappyninjakidd is offline   Reply With Quote