Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #286
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

I'm currently working on Sarene from Elantris by Brandon Sanderson.
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #287
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I really really really really really really need to find some pictures of my Maladict costume from Monstrous Regiment. The best I have is a terrible one where I'm talking on the phone. About 50 people photographed me at Dragon*Con, so there's got to be a picture somewhere... Or maybe I just need to put the costume back on, suck it up, and do a photoshoot.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #288
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

I've had that happen before, when it feels like so many people take your picture and then no one ever posts them! I'd like to see it if you do find a pic.
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #289
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I finally got a somewhat passable picture (I need to update my page on here now).

http://slythgeek.deviantart.com/art/Maladict-266497941
Unread 11-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #290
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Well, it seems that a possible cosplay has now gotten to almost done. After realizing how much of Molly Carpenter's SplatterCon!!! outfit I already had, I decided it would be fun to do. Yesterday CafePress had a 20% off discount on everything. That made the SplatterCon!!! shirt with shipping cheaper than the original price. So now all I have to do is make the wig. Come on tax season!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #291
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

I'm sad I've never stumbled across this thread before! I love the idea of cosplaying from novels - there's so much freedom! I've done a couple - Charlie Weasley never showed up in the movies so I've done a few versions all from just descriptions in the books, and I'm planning on school-age Lily Evans, Charlie, Molly Weasley, and eventually all of the Weasleys. XD I've also done Lady Una from Stardust (even if it's illustrated, I worked more from the written description than from the various illustrations, which changed her outfit with each picture!), and a few others before I started actually cosplaying.

It is a bit depressing that it's much harder to be recognized when cosplaying from a book, but it's also exciting to have that much control over the design, and when you're recognized, it's such a rush!

I really like the idea of Warriors gijinka costumes.

I'm working on a few more besides my Harry Potter obsessions... I wanna do Katniss's half-burned wedding dress (which has woefully fewer descriptions than I'd like) from Hunger Games, Jarlaxle from the Legend of Drizzt series (not that I can get much further from my own appearance... I've got huge hair, I'm pale as heck, and a girl, wanting to go as a bald ebony-skinned man...), and Tasselhoff Burrfoot from Dragonlance. I've done one kender so far, it's so much fun!
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #292
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Apparently, a bunch of people are doing a nice-sized Discworld group at our local sci-fi con next year. I learned this because several people recognized my Maladict costume at the Halloween party last night.

So now I'm part of this group.
Unread 11-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #293
Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
I finally got a somewhat passable picture (I need to update my page on here now).

http://slythgeek.deviantart.com/art/Maladict-266497941
Awesome! I just started reading this and although I haven't been introduced to this character yet I'd recognize the uniform!
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #294
EastCoastKing

Being a longtime fan of Frank Herbert's Dune series, I think there are ample opportunities for some fun cosplay of the various characters from the books. The most obvious would be Fremen in full stillsuits, but I also think the Benne Gesserit Witches, the Sardaukar, the Tleilaxu, and the Honored Matres would all make for fun costumes. However, it would be hard for people to try to create a vision of these characters as they are described in the books, since there is the BBC/Sci Fi Channel TV movie and the David Lynch film from the 80's to draw off, neither of which did a very good job of capturing what I think Frank Herbert envisioned.

I've also recently been a fan of Stephen King's Dark Tower trilogy, and think there are plenty of great costumes to be made from characters of the series. Roland and his Tet are the obvious ones, but I also think Roland's teacher Cort, Eldred Jonas and the Big Coffin Hunters, The Tick Tock Man, and Rhea of the Coos are all potentially fun costumes as well.
Unread 11-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #295
elfqueenvik

I have costumed as Luthien from the Silmarillion.
A friend of mine has roped me into doing a Mistborn group, I will be costuming as Kelseir. I might do a Hunger games costume possibly. I would like costume as Kait Galweigh from Dipolmacy of Wolves

Last edited by elfqueenvik : 11-23-2011 at 09:41 AM.
elfqueenvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #296
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I'm glad I found this thread, I thought I was weird for wanting to cosplay from a book!

I decided the other day that I really want to cosplay the female protagonist from my favorite book, Celia from The Night Circus. I absolutely loved that book and there's a lot of description about her dresses. Finally I'll be cosplaying something my parents actually know!

My only problem is I'm not sure whether her hair was Black or just a very Dark brown.

Though the book is being made into a movie, so I'll probably try and get that done and wear it to the Premiere. Now here's hoping Hollywood doesn't frak up an amazing story. Now If only I could talk my best guy friend into being Marco for me...
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 12-01-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #297
patriciarakel

All of my cosplay right now (except for one in the works) are based off of books. I have several different Harry Potter cosplay that I do fairly regularly, and then I have a Katniss Hunger Games cosplay and an Annabeth Chase Percy Jackson cosplay. It's fun to cosplay books. Even if no one recognizes you, it's fun.
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #298
XxOtakuChiceexX
Dat Hipster

I cosplay as Darren Shan from The Saga of Darren Shan but there's also a manga version of that so, yeah...
XxOtakuChiceexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #299
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Oh wow, this thread sure is relevant to my interests!

I made a makeshift Aziraphale from Good Omens once, but now that I have a new terrible sweater to wear with it, all I need is a scarf that is so terribly mismatched and ridiculously coloured it looks like Molly Weasley could have made it.
I kinda doubt anyone would recognize the cosplay, though. Welp.

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #300
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMURica View Post
Oh wow, this thread sure is relevant to my interests!

I made a makeshift Aziraphale from Good Omens once, but now that I have a new terrible sweater to wear with it, all I need is a scarf that is so terribly mismatched and ridiculously coloured it looks like Molly Weasley could have made it.
I kinda doubt anyone would recognize the cosplay, though. Welp.
Maybe if you carried around a book of Agnes Nutter's prophecies, it might help. I know if I saw that I'd immediately think Good Omens.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote