Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #301
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee_Frye View Post
Maybe if you carried around a book of Agnes Nutter's prophecies, it might help. I know if I saw that I'd immediately think Good Omens.
I remember when I first started putting it together that I really wanted to get a nice-looking secondhand bible to carry around and baby a lot, but I never got around to it. That sounds like a great idea, though!

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #302
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Well my friends and I have a whole Night Circus group going now, since my friend loved it so much as a christmas present and and wanted to cosplay Isobel after she found out I was planning on making a Celia outfit. Then our other friend said she'd be Marco for us...which so far has mostly ended with the two of us grabbing her arms and pulling her in opposite directions. It will make for a very interesting photoshoot when we get these finished. Thank goodness it's a book with a lot of imagery.

Also, I've been reading the new James Patterson book Witch and Wizard: The Fire, which also has a lot of imagery, so I think I'll be cosplaying a character from that. Granted Pearce, the character I was interested in being is an horrible, sleazy, murderous, disgusting, semi-facist sociopath (Boy I'm going to be popular if anyone somehow recognizes this cosplay XD) ...but he's described as being very pretty! That'll probably have to wait a little while 'til I can spring for contacts, because he has very distinctly described eyes.

Edit: I just remembered the first Witch and Wizard book was adapted into a comic that I found in a bookcase, so I plan on using that as a starting point design wise for Pearce's uniform. I might also look into the manga adaptation of the series if it ever gets to the third book-the one he's from-for some direction outfit wise.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 01-07-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #303
vdaysnowstorm
Sugarless

This has been on my mind for a while.
I would like to get together a mini photo shoot for the book Ash by Malinda Lo.

All together that would mean an Ash & Kaisa (and if possible a Sidhean). I have not decided between Ash or Kaisa so any spot you would like is open. This would be pretty fun and “cosplay easy” since there are no detailed descriptions on the outfits worn (this would allow for plenty of creativity within the realm of the fairy tale theme).

The photography will most likely be done by (since her photos are just so magical and perfect for a fairy tale story).
http://www.sarahjoyphotography.net/#!

If you have any question or are interested please PM me on cosplay.com or send me an e-mail at megrebski@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you~
vdaysnowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #304
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My friends and I have pulled a Witch and Wizard group together. At the moment we've got Wisty, Whit, maybe Sasha and me as Pearce...

Which means a whole lot of good guys and one psychotic, cold-blooded killer: Me. XD
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #305
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Been throwing around a bunch of ideas for Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games), especially given the upcoming movie... I have one I really like, but it's going to take quite a lot of work!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #306
Norakun91

I've been wanting to do a forest of hands and teeth cosplay sometime in the future. I also wanna do Melody from Monster high.

I love book cosplays. Its awesome
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #307
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Found a dress for Celia from The Night Circus. Now to order my wig and find some shoes.
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:44 AM   #308
Rcsi1

I'd like to try cosplaying Nobody Owens from the Graveyard Book but I don't know what I could do to make him particularly distinctive. Here are some illustrations that others have done:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VQIc2A4EQp...eyard-book.jpg
http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/graveyardbook.gif
http://bitsandpiecesbibliophile.file...yard-book2.jpg
Rcsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #309
Tower_Tycoon
Self-proclaimed genius

I would absolutely love to cosplay Annie from The Hunger Games, as I just adore her so, but her only real description is

1: Messy Dark Hair
2: Green Eyes

Which is a check and check already.
I guess some sort of aquatic outfit, but even then, I have very little to work with ^^'
Tower_Tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #310
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower_Tycoon View Post
I would absolutely love to cosplay Annie from The Hunger Games, as I just adore her so, but her only real description is

1: Messy Dark Hair
2: Green Eyes

Which is a check and check already.
I guess some sort of aquatic outfit, but even then, I have very little to work with ^^'
I was about to say the tribute outfit, but then I remembered that her tribution isn't in the books. Maybe design a tribute outfit jumpsuit.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #311
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Pearce is pretty much done, just gotta make the armband. I tried on all the stuff that I have so far and I look almost exactly like I was picturing Pearce while reading the book.

Although my hat is kinda snug already so with the wig it makes my head go numb.
Unread 05-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #312
Hoshi26
Cosplay apprentice

I'm thinking of going to a con as Fem! Richard Francis Burton from Mark Hodder's excellent Burton and Swinburne series, but I'm not sure how to put it together. Does anyone have any ideas?
Hoshi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #313
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I finally got pictures as Pearce! http://www.cosplay.com/costume/423982/

Fun to act completely out of character for myself and act like a sadist. Not fun to wear that costume in 80 degree weather. So totally worth it though. Sadly my Wisty couldn't make the shoot, or I would've had someone to creep on.

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 05-12-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #314
itsjustsloane
i am a princess

Tbh I wanna try Katniss... I have some knee-high brown boots that would be perfect c: I've also got the hair.. and according to my friends I look like Katniss the few time's I've had my hair in a side braid.
itsjustsloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #315
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My friend and I got a few pictures as Marco and Celia from The Night Circus. It was actually for an English Project on the book which is why I didn't have time to get my wig. This summer though, I will get my wig and we'll do a real photoshoot.

http://quinnthespazz.deviantart.com/#/d52x4hm