Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #391
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merily View Post
Oh! And I did forget one costume- I've been tossing around the idea of making a costume of Ori from The Hobbit. I don't know if I'd be able to deal with that facial hair, though. I always dress as elves, so it would be neat to make a dwarf costume for once!

And speaking of elves, I really should make a Mirkwood elf costume. Those are my favorite elves, hands down. Maybe for the opening of the next Hobbit movie depending on if I get less squeamish about the beard. LOL!
If you like elves, have you ever read the Elf Quest comicbook?

Unread 05-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #392
Merily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
If you like elves, have you ever read the Elf Quest comicbook?
Somehow I've never read that! I think I should probably look into it. What's it about? (I mean, I'm assuming elves, lol.)
Merily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #393
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merily View Post
Somehow I've never read that! I think I should probably look into it. What's it about? (I mean, I'm assuming elves, lol.)
From their site:
"From the lands "beyond beyond" (or is it from the wellspring of everyday experience) come the stories and images that are interwoven into the ongoing tale that is ELFQUEST. Yet, even the most beautiful and powerful of stories need expression in one form or another. And since, alas, the storytellers can't gather each and every one of you around a crackling campfire, paper and ink must be added to the mix of imagination and words and pictures to bring the Wolfriders to life."
I haven't gotten into it yet, but my hubby is a huge fan. They have everything online for free here: http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics3.html. If you're interested.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #394
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

I must confess, I've never read it. I just know some of the background and the trouble the writer had keeping the rights to her work. Here's what Wikipedia had to say:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elf_Quest
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #395
Merily

Thanks for the info, Ororo and Pirogoeth05! I'm definitely going to start reading that one.
Merily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #396
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Still working on the Queen Mab costume (picked out fabrics for it at last, now just to place the order for them)...

However, I had ordered these for my husband to carry around when he's dressed as Dresden at Dragon*Con. Figured people might get a kick out of them. About 100 of the cards will be stamped with a white ink snowflake - sort of difficult to see, but we thought it would be a cute touch.
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asguard)

Clockwork_Ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #397
Norakun91

Currently I want to cosplay Jasmine from Bad Kitty and maybe Ivy from the hollow series
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #398
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I have almost everything to do two Newsflesh cosplays: Becks and Dr. Abbey. All I need is a holster for my gun and Becks is good. Dr. Abbey needs designs put on the t-shirts and a lab coat.
But they both need IDs. Dr. Abbey'll be easy, I can just make something up. But Becks is part of the After the End Times and is a blogger. Has anyone seen someone make an ID for one of the crew? I've got a wallpaper from Mira Grant's site that has George's ID on it. If I can't find anything else, I'll just go ahead and try to recreate it. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone's seen one. TIA.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #399
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

As you can see in my signature, the Jonathan Strange thing I've been talking about for two years is happening! After October, those are our next costume projects, to be completed next spring.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #400
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I've figured out how to do the IDs I need. Now I just need to take appropriate pics for each and make them up. Then, Becks will be done and Dr. Abbey'll just need a little more work.

I may have to do some looking. I may be one of the first to go for these characters!

Working on:

Eventually:
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #401
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Saw a nice Coraline today, but she was from the movie not book.
Unread 08-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #402
WilsonSmith

Yeah, true I am also concerned about the other books. What about them? Will there be any option left with the other level of books? This si the question that one will surely think of. But I must appreciate for the efforts that they are coming in front with high knowledge.
WilsonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #403
Elsinora
Ph.D in Horribleness

I really, really want to try my hand at a Jane Roland costume (from the Temeraire series), but I'm afraid no one will recognize her. I'd also like to do a Kvothe costume (from the Kingkiller Chronicles) at some point.
Elsinora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #404
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Well I just finished the first Mortal Instruments book today and OH MY GOD that was a good read! I'd love to cosplay Magnus Bane, except for the fact that I am a scrawny 5'5" white girl with the complexion of a paper towel.

My friend says I should do it anyway though and has agreed to follow me around throwing glitter on me periodically.

Ok screw it, I'm cosplaying him anyway! I'm gonna make his outfit from the first book with the buckle-covered shirt and dress up to go see the movie.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 08-29-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #405
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Right now I'm flying through the October Daye series by Seanan McGuire and am loving it. Every time I pick up a new book I'm really tempted to do her look on the cover. Late Eclipses has a great cover.

Has anyone read them aside from me? It's not like I need another costume to work on, but I was just wondering.

Working on:

Eventually: